What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Guerilla Underground Thread

MountainBudz

⛽🦨 Kinebud and Heirloom Preservationist! 🦨 ⛽
Hey guys, been out of commission for a few days. Glad to return and see that everybody is still keeping the thread alive!

I have just received my last order of beans from GetawayMountainSeeds. Got 150 more regular beans to pop and this will be my last round for my main focus grow. Anything else will be cuttings, clones and mid July germinated bag seed that will be planted in small patches. Those will be my bumper crops, if I get by with them it will just be extra smoke and extra cash for the family.

So right now I have 150 germinating and then I have 80 that were germinated a couple weeks ago, starting on there second node. They are still in nursery trays for now, waiting on my Malawi and ECSD to finish flowering out before I can put them in a safe indoor location to transplant into 1 gallon grow bags to veg for a month (30 to 40) days, on an outdoor light schedule, they will be showing sex by then.

Then the males will be culled and the girls will go into 10 to 30 gallon containers to flower out for the year. Hoping to have around 60 good females out there in the containers. My medium will consist of promix and compost mixture. Adding the compost will help retain moisture and will give me an extra day or two of not having to water so often. The mix will be amended with mykos, azos, kelp meal, oyster shell, dolomite lime, water polymers, a bit of epsoma garden tone, worm castings and will be fed with Earth Juice grow, EJ sea blast grow, and GetawayMountains seaweed juice (this stuff is the shit! "In a good way"). Probably use guano and Earth Juice Sea Blast flower for flowering with some molasses.

Will have a 150 to 200 gallon watering reservoir on site. Will be broken up into 2 or 3 plots.

Reason I chose to vegetate the plants in a partners indoor room for so long is because of the helicopters and flyovers that will be starting in July. I want to put them out once the eradication dies down a bit, because usually its the first half of July they come in and hit hard. I figure this will reduce my chances of Leo spotting my plants by at least 50% and that is a great differential!

I already have few bigger plants that were put out in May, some feminized seeds and some clones that have been out for a while and they are getting huge!

Everyone, everything looks amazing and many spliff +rep for growing out bag seed bro! You will find many many hidden gems in those, I grow feminized, regular, clones, and bag seed every year and some of my best plants (yield, potency, mold and pest resistant) strains come from good ole bag seed!

:tiphat:

~star~crash~

hey growers ... i need to move water 1000 feet from point A to point B and it's a gradual downhill slope...any ideas?????

peace today!

gorilla ganja

siphon though a hose. If it's down hill you just need to get the water flowing, maybe with a hand pump. once it's flowing it should keep going.

Peace GG

~star~crash~

how about setting up some kind of reservoir w/ a hose out the bottom & run a line all all all all all the way to another receptacle letting gravity do the work???..it's only a gentle grade though ???

gorilla ganja

how about setting up some kind of reservoir w/ a hose out the bottom & run a line all all all all all the way to another receptacle letting gravity do the work???..it's only a gentle grade though ???

That should work as well. A gentle grade is all that is needed.
The more water in the upper res. above the outlet the more pressure you will have at the bottom of the hose.

Cheers GG

MountainBudz

⛽🦨 Kinebud and Heirloom Preservationist! 🦨 ⛽
How are things coming along everybody?

Everything is coming along great here so far. Have a few clones I sit out that got shocked pretty bad but if they don't take off soon i'm gonna replace them with some feminized seed plants that are 3 weeks old (Golden Tiger, Zamaldelica and some Ace mixed "mystery" plants haha...)

Bout to get my water reservoir and get the seedlings transplanted and under the veg lights for the next month or so.

How bout you bud?

ManyManySpliffs

Everything is coming along great here so far. Have a few clones I sit out that got shocked pretty bad but if they don't take off soon i'm gonna replace them with some feminized seed plants that are 3 weeks old (Golden Tiger, Zamaldelica and some Ace mixed "mystery" plants haha...)

Bout to get my water reservoir and get the seedlings transplanted and under the veg lights for the next month or so.

How bout you bud?

Coming along alright, lost 2 more seedlings due to overfeeding but its all good. I'm back on track.

Dday391

I have a question that's for everyone basically. Have any of you tried to make a ghetto/guerilla greenhouse? I had this idea from looking at this mattress wrapper I had it's a thick clear plastic like a greenhouse would use. So I know i can make a frame for it on site and be able to seal it relatively well to protect my starts out in the bush. I don't want to have to hike in all my plants started inside when I can do it there without having to harden them off also, I don't want bugs or animals getting at my little seedlings and chicken wire isn't a real possibility. I can carry the plastic and some duct tape in my bag so it adds to safe transporting in/ discereetness. I'm wondering if I need to poke a bunch of holes for airflow, and if that is the case how can I prevent insects from just climbing inside through the holes? If i put them on the top would bugs just climb up the side into it? My idea is to let the plants do their thing inside until they are big enough to go into the holes then I will dismantle it and pack it out to not leave a trace. I don't want to smother them out but I dont want insects in there. Would slight slits be enough to get oxygen out and c02 in? Or do I need to make bigger holes?. If I didn't do the holes I feel like it would have like a rainforest effect where the runoff from watering would evaporate then condense and rain down.. would it work like that even with the holes? am I crazy or does this sound practical? My spots are petty dense forest so people seeing them shouldn't be a problem and bush covering is adequate enough i don't think choppers would see in through the trees and bushes. Any help is much appreciated

master kusher

I have a question that's for everyone basically. Have any of you tried to make a ghetto/guerilla greenhouse? I had this idea from looking at this mattress wrapper I had it's a thick clear plastic like a greenhouse would use. So I know i can make a frame for it on site and be able to seal it relatively well to protect my starts out in the bush. I don't want to have to hike in all my plants started inside when I can do it there without having to harden them off also, I don't want bugs or animals getting at my little seedlings and chicken wire isn't a real possibility. I can carry the plastic and some duct tape in my bag so it adds to safe transporting in/ discereetness. I'm wondering if I need to poke a bunch of holes for airflow, and if that is the case how can I prevent insects from just climbing inside through the holes? If i put them on the top would bugs just climb up the side into it? My idea is to let the plants do their thing inside until they are big enough to go into the holes then I will dismantle it and pack it out to not leave a trace. I don't want to smother them out but I dont want insects in there. Would slight slits be enough to get oxygen out and c02 in? Or do I need to make bigger holes?. If I didn't do the holes I feel like it would have like a rainforest effect where the runoff from watering would evaporate then condense and rain down.. would it work like that even with the holes? am I crazy or does this sound practical? My spots are petty dense forest so people seeing them shouldn't be a problem and bush covering is adequate enough i don't think choppers would see in through the trees and bushes. Any help is much appreciated
I could see a PVC frame and some type of weird plastic that I'm too high to think of :laughing: keep in mind you probably want to have this bolted to the ground somehow so it doesn't take off in high winds or situations like that. (stakes?Bamboo?) and also keep in mind that this is for distinctly foreign spots to the common man.

Dday391

Only materials I'm bringing in is my hand saw, the plastic, and some duct tape(not silver or flashy). I plan to make a frame from wood found on site and probably make an a frame type. I'm just wondering if small holes all over would let too many insects in to get at the seedlings. Or if I put them up top if the insects will just climb up and make a home outta my guerillahouse.

ManyManySpliffs

Only materials I'm bringing in is my hand saw, the plastic, and some duct tape(not silver or flashy). I plan to make a frame from wood found on site and probably make an a frame type. I'm just wondering if small holes all over would let too many insects in to get at the seedlings. Or if I put them up top if the insects will just climb up and make a home outta my guerillahouse.

It's outdoors the insects will get in regardless, better off worrying about having an effective spray to keep bugs away and copper wire for snails. A natural brew with boiled garlic, aloe vera, chilli, jalapeno, habanero peppers will work alright and is non-toxic. Just my 2 cents. Good luck on your current endeavor..

Dday391

Thank you manymanyspliffs I appreciate your input! I'm planning on going bigger next year so I'm trying to iron out my ideas so I can prevent as many losses as possible. Do you think a slightly elevated like riser on the bottom with a good layer of diatomaceous earth underneath might prevent some of the unwanted guests? Is duct tape sticky enough to use as a passive bug trap? If I put some sticky side up around the edge of the riser would it be useful at all? I think I'll leave a good size flap open slightly on the side for circulation. So my contraption will be like a pocket supported by the a-frame I make with a flap about 2.5 ft above the ground slightly open with a tray/ riser keeping the plants elevated with de under it. You think it would be useful to make that garlic pepper mixture and put the liquid in cups to evaporate inside the space? I'm trying for minimal trips to this site. Ideally I'd set this up and come back once a month until transplanting time. Trying to not have to start plants indoors, or wait until late may to start my season. I feel like if I put in slight shade evaporation won't be too bad for the plants and having them dry out without constant attention. Thanks everyone for the assistance if my idea sounds stupid as hell don't be afraid to let me know, I'm just planning for next year so I have time to refine this and make it work. Thanks again to you guys, over the years I've learned a great deal on this site (during my lurking days lol) and up until now I haven't had any questions I couldn't find am answer to easily. This thread was a great idea and I hope it flourishes a long time. So much knowledge in this community ����

M

metsäkana

remember to boil the garlic!!! bulb mite warning=) i will never use garlic spray again got bulb mites from that i think =) just boil it i think you are fine =) they are tough as fuck but i think boiling will kill the eggs if garlic is infested

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Biggest issue with cold frame greenhouses is overheating. Early in the spring nights are cold but in the late morning early afternoon it can get warm. Definitely want to have a good slit or 2 for ventilation. May put a digital thermometer in there which keeps track of max high and max low until its reset. That way you can see how hot or cold it gets and adjust. Check seedlings for watering needs often. Regardless, best to set up your cold frame greenhouse as well as your herb garden itself in a spot that gets some shade in the afternoon to keep heat down and preserve moisture.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
No animal damage this week! Spread some more gear oil, only 1-2 oz, and topped the big plants again. Things are moving along great! Had another long rain today! Thanks to God for his perfect plan!

How late can I top and not slow down flower onset?

I want them to have a chance to stretch and go into flower. I'm thinking my last topping should be Late June/early July. Will top one more time I think. Trying to promote outward growth to cover more area. Should have plenty of tops! Feeding again soon, trying to help them keep their momentum! They grew in just a couple days between trips! Got another good rain today! Looking forward to watching them grow! Enjoy!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Wolfshadoe

Im in for the ride,

Im in for the ride,

tagging page 5.. lol too stoned to go on..
Yes the true GG"s are a dying breed...Oh but some of us are still outlaw to the core...But said in a good way:biggrin:..I'm just a old swamp rat that likes growing old school..Thanks MB!!!

Gonna make for some good reading...Peace!!<ws>