What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Click here for Afropip Durban Poison, and GN Thai Stick or don't. I dont care.

Pendleton

I am subbed, and Dave I kindly request that you consider making seeds and either vending or donating to Gypsy's bail fund or the server fund on those Durban Poisons. Afropips is a breeder name whom I would trust to be legitimate with the DP line, and it would be nice to have more of his work available to breeders and growers. Thanks for sharing, looking forward to your progress.

CoCoSativas

I am subbed, and Dave I kindly request that you consider making seeds and either vending or donating to Gypsy's bail fund or the server fund on those Durban Poisons. Afropips is a breeder name whom I would trust to be legitimate with the DP line, and it would be nice to have more of his work available to breeders and growers. Thanks for sharing, looking forward to your progress.

Agreed! Theres so much bs durban seeds out there cough cough dutch passion kiss my ass... Ive never bought their garby, never would.

Far as donating to gypsy, anyone who can afford it should. Thats a fucked situation to be in over owning a site that vends seeds... Poor dude that shit is wack

Dave Coulier

Veteran
Thanks for the info Dave. I will do by best to do them justice.

I do have one Thai x Carrot, and a Mango Haze hybrid going at the moment as far as the sativas are concerned. Looking forward to seeing what I will find for sure.

But the African project is soon after this round of sexing and selection. Hopefully I will have a nicer space to work with by early 2016. I don't want to be to hasty with the Senegal and will wait for the right space and opportunity. Eventually I want to cross Zamaldellica and the Senegal.

Did you find any stable males when you ran the Senegal Haze? The seeds I have are at F2, and I would like to bring them to am F3 generation. I only have ten to work with but its worth a shot.

I will pay attention to your Gypsie Thai for advice on training tips.

Ooo that Thai x Carrot sounds delectable. Me likey :). Ive ran Mr Nice Mango Haze before, but she's no longer in my garden. Sam's HazeSkunk spoiled me long before Shanti's Mango Haze came along. :biggrin: Id rather cull em if they can't compare, but they were still quite good. I hope something magical comes out of them.

You're being wise on not rushing the African Sativas. They demand your time and attention. It isn't easy flowering out a plant for 120 days+. Best to have your garden and your game in tip top shape before attempting. The cross of Zamaldelica x Senegal sounds excellent. Its a real treat to grow, love, and ultimately smoke your own creation.

I dont recall having any males of the Senegal Haze. I may have had poor germination and I didn't keep any females around. I was a fool back then. Im a more patient person now, and I dont mind running a long flowering sativa twice or three times before deciding to keep. If Im investing 130days+ whats another 130 for a second run?

I saw your thread on Senegal Haze, and I believe there was alot of misinformation in that thread about the genetic background of Senegal Haze. I dont think for one instant it has any NH in it. It smelled nothing like any Haze Hybrids Ive grown out. Plus there is this strain description..

Senegal Haze is a powerful F1 marijuana hybrid dominated by a Pure Senegal sativa from the Cassamanca growing region and a powerful psychoactive Phoenix Haze of a pure African landrace. Her seeds grow fast and short 10 days vegetation is usually enough. This cannabis variety produces strong light green/gold plants with narrow sativa leaves and modern indica sizes.

Judging by that description, its a pure sativa, but you'll know for sure once you get to grow them out. 10 isn't much but its better than nothing. Give it a go and do your best.

Dave Coulier

Veteran

I decided long ago to make seeds with this line, so dont fret. An open pollination with pure females and pure males if Im blessed enough. I definitely want to donate so they can be spread around and preserved. Then Ill start my own 1:1 lines with the best for personal projects.

Agreed! Theres so much bs durban seeds out there cough cough dutch passion kiss my ass... Ive never bought their garby, never would.

Far as donating to gypsy, anyone who can afford it should. Thats a fucked situation to be in over owning a site that vends seeds... Poor dude that shit is wack

Yeah piss on DP. The more flashy advertisements I see from a seed company, generally the shittier the product, but I believe thats true for any product really.

CoCoSativas

I decided long ago to make seeds with this line, so dont fret. An open pollination with pure females and pure males if Im blessed enough. I definitely want to donate so they can be spread around and preserved. Then Ill start my own 1:1 lines with the best for personal projects.

Yeah piss on DP. The more flashy advertisements I see from a seed company, generally the shittier the product, but I believe thats true for any product really.

On occasion flashy adds go with a dope product, but rarely. I own some monster headphones, pretty nice ones top of the line. Anyway their add for diamon tears headphones of theirs is pretty flashy but the product is truly dope. All their headphones are pretty awesome and distortion free even at high volumes...

Yeah hell with dp anyway. Garby company. I wouldnt grow their shit if you gave it to me free.

Yeah ill be after some of your durbans for breeding purpose.

Are you going to post a pick of the pack? Ive never seen what their packs looked like....

B

bringyalungs

@cocosativa... pics of the packaging are in his album.. bless up

Dave Coulier

Veteran
@cocosativa... pics of the packaging are in his album.. bless up

Thanks Meso. You took care of it. I am going to update the Strain Description post to include pics of the packaging the Thai and DP were in.

Speaking of DP, the next wave of seeds is coming up! Ive already had two break the surface, and a third who was kinda confused and I had to rebury the tail as it came out first..Id love to see more spring up today.

B

Bob Green

Senegal

Senegal

Hey Dave,

I was under the impression that Senegal Haze was a pure African hybrid too. When I made that thread I was hoping for information or grows of Senegal Haze and possible pure Phoenix Haze. It's a hard line to get info on with the original breeder having passed a while back.

I remembered Senegal Haze come up during the Grail/Nevil days at MNS. People where saying it was a great plant but most likely was not descended from SSH/NH.

I do have seeds of both SSH and NH so could do a comparison grow, but I am leaning towards the hybrid of two separate but pure African lines. I also have a few Frankenfuel (Kariba Surprise x NH) for a African/Haze selection. They might be another good option to breed to the Senegal too.

If I don't have any luck finding a solid male breeder I can always try a few fem projects to preserve the lines.

I saw your thread on Senegal Haze, and I believe there was alot of misinformation in that thread about the genetic background of Senegal Haze. I dont think for one instant it has any NH in it. It smelled nothing like any Haze Hybrids Ive grown out. Plus there is this strain description..

Senegal Haze is a powerful F1 marijuana hybrid dominated by a Pure Senegal sativa from the Cassamanca growing region and a powerful psychoactive Phoenix Haze of a pure African landrace. Her seeds grow fast and short 10 days vegetation is usually enough. This cannabis variety produces strong light green/gold plants with narrow sativa leaves and modern indica sizes.

Judging by that description, its a pure sativa, but you'll know for sure once you get to grow them out. 10 isn't much but its better than nothing. Give it a go and do your best.

Only Ornamental

Spiritually inspired agnostic mad scientist
Veteran
Joining the party :D !
Good luck with the two lines and hopefully a good handful of repro-seeds!

Dave Coulier

Veteran
Hey Dave,

I was under the impression that Senegal Haze was a pure African hybrid too. When I made that thread I was hoping for information or grows of Senegal Haze and possible pure Phoenix Haze. It's a hard line to get info on with the original breeder having passed a while back.

I remembered Senegal Haze come up during the Grail/Nevil days at MNS. People where saying it was a great plant but most likely was not descended from SSH/NH.

I do have seeds of both SSH and NH so could do a comparison grow, but I am leaning towards the hybrid of two separate but pure African lines. I also have a few Frankenfuel (Kariba Surprise x NH) for a African/Haze selection. They might be another good option to breed to the Senegal too.

If I don't have any luck finding a solid male breeder I can always try a few fem projects to preserve the lines.

I too have not been able to find much info on the Phoenix Haze aspect of it, but its a great name for a variety. I can't say Im not surprised its been used by others.

Senegal Haze is pure sativa hybrid with no skunk or northern lights in it. Ive had alot of skunk in my garden, and you wont find any sign of skunk in Senegal Haze. F1 Hybrids have great vigor, and the F1 Senegal Haze I ran had hybrid vigor in abundance quickly outgrowing everything in my garden at the time.

I have mr Nice SkunkHaze and NH sitting in my freezer, but If I had S. Haze again, I would choose the Senegal Haze first, but I find pure sativas more challenging and ultimately more enjoyable. I couldn't fault you for going for the Haze Hybrids though. My freezer is full of em. I just dont have the space for every seed I want to pop.

Dave Coulier

Veteran
Joining the party :D !
Good luck with the two lines and hopefully a good handful of repro-seeds!

LDO :biggrin: I plan to make copious amounts of seeds for further exploration. Imagine me trying to start like 25-30 Thai or DP seeds indoors. That'd be a crazy jungle in no time!

Oh wait..I practically did that already. Ive already got 7 new Durban Poison seedlings that have come up now. This second batch has been so much better. Were at 16 total plants including Thai and counting now. Things are gonna get full quick.

Dave Coulier

Veteran
Day 21 GN Thai Stick Update

Day 21 GN Thai Stick Update

Its been three weeks since the Thai came up and they're still growing vigorously. So much so, Ive had to transplant them into .75gallon containers. The roots were bursting out as you all saw before.

I chose a small upcan to help further constrain their height and lateral branching. Plus I dont have alot of space for large containers under my HOT5 54w(6). They will still grow fast, but more growth will be packed into a smaller space. Waldgeist does it great with his sativas and small containers.

Once transplanted into flower, Ill give them some more space and let them branch a bit then. The clone of TSA in flower has a 3 gallon container and she has branched quite extensively.

Now we can't have an update with out some pics of Thai..

picture.php

Can you spot the extra blade in this pic?

picture.php

This plants serrated leaves remind me of alligator tales. I really dig the look of this one.

picture.php

picture.php

Dave Coulier

Veteran
Durban Poison Update

Durban Poison Update

I can't forget to give some loves to the Durban Poison as well. Im gonna show off my prettiest little plant in my garden. I feel like Im growing an ornamental by the look of this one.

Day 19 Before Transplant

I transplanted this plant on Day 19. The lil one didn't appear to happy to stay in its container any longer. The rootball was pretty well developed so it was time to transplant.

picture.php

Day 21 After Transplant

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Only Ornamental

Spiritually inspired agnostic mad scientist
Veteran
Uh... that DP has pretty broad leaflets for a 'sativa'. Is that normal (selection) or a possible sign for hybridisation, what do you think?

Dave Coulier

Veteran
Uh... that DP has pretty broad leaflets for a 'sativa'. Is that normal (selection) or a possible sign for hybridisation, what do you think?

I dont believe this line has been hybridized, at least not according to the few reports/posts Ive found online for Afro DP. I expect the morphology of the leaf to change as the plant matures. This occurs with the GN Thai Stick. Time will tell though. Hope your patient.

Dave Coulier

Veteran
Afroman Passing Myth

Afroman Passing Myth

The internet is a crazy place. Somebody posts something and before you know it, it becomes the truth. Doesn't matter if its true or not as in the case of Afromans passing. Almost everywhere you read online Afroman is dead. Died in 2008. Well it wasn't he who died, but someone close to him. Read the email correspondence between me and him in 2010.

picture.php

Why he is no longer on any boards I dont know. I dont believe for one second the Afropips facebook page, nor Nguni Seeds are actually connected with Afroman. Most likely someone making a buck off his brand name. Unscrupulous breeders take others work and pass it off as their own. Whats to say someone can't come along and take the name of some defunct breeder and make some money off it?

B

bringyalungs

I think I read somewhere where Phoenix haze was crossed with either Neville haze or ssh or some haze that was found on the floor after the pigs raided a spot... will look for it and post it