What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Advancing Eco Agriculture, Product Science

milkyjoe

Veteran
That C:N is a little high...no? Maybe require a little more N

So I showed gary r that og. He is like, yea short on N and K for sure. DOH. Gonna talk later about how to fix it

FatherEarth

Veteran
Isnt a low N in the C/N ratio an easy fix?

Id think short on N and K would be a good thing no? maybe I missed something, I thought we could fix all the N we need with microbes and potassium seems to be everywhere and in almost every product I like to use.. How do I tie up K or push it out of the soil colloid, so my plants can uptake enough Ca & B to have normal cell production and get rid of these holes and hollow petioles?

FatherEarth

Veteran
last I checked it 24 hours after a foliar feeding was 6.2 and the brix was 14 -15

a few days later brix had dropped to 12 I did not check the sap ph at that time...

FatherEarth

Veteran
btw that analysis is for compost that may be used in future soil mixes. Im considering going all peat, earthworm castings and pumice 40-35-25 and adding amendments to that and skipping the N in the amendment mix all together. Keep everything else like it is and see what happens...any suggestions ?

Bulldog420

Veteran
Great thread, tagged.

I just bought up one of everything from AEA and going to start trying it out on my veggies. Thanks for posting up information and application rates. It really helps me.

Is this stuff worth it or is this just an attempt to make money off us organic boys. It seems like great products but so did botanicare when I started. Either way I will give it a try. Can't knock it till you try it.

Bulldog420

Veteran
BTW - for the record, when I received my packages from AEA, the rejuvenate was all over the place. I ordered a gallon and I lost about 1/5-1/4 to blowing up in transit. I was super careful opening the bottle and the new top at least prevented catastrophic blowout when an operator is opening the bottle. That is a plus I guess. However that stuff ate or found a way through the plastic, then the cardboard box, then my garage floor...arrggg.

Haven't had time to use any of it yet, but I will report my results. I am going to send out for water and soil tests soon. Anybody want that information let me know.

Hemphrey Bogart

Veteran
BTW - for the record, when I received my packages from AEA, the rejuvenate was all over the place. I ordered a gallon and I lost about 1/5-1/4 to blowing up in transit. I was super careful opening the bottle and the new top at least prevented catastrophic blowout when an operator is opening the bottle. That is a plus I guess. However that stuff ate or found a way through the plastic, then the cardboard box, then my garage floor...arrggg.

Haven't had time to use any of it yet, but I will report my results. I am going to send out for water and soil tests soon. Anybody want that information let me know.

Same thing happened to me when I got mine, bd. Shaking it before opening is not recommended, apparently.

Happened yesterday after the bottle had been sitting for a few days on the concrete basement floor. I shook it a couple times before trying to open it...I lucked out because I had an empty 5 gallon bucket nearby.

HB.

Last edited:
I'm in week 6 flower I was wondering what I should drop from my schedule to prevent crappy taste. I stopped the micro, spectrum, and other foliars about a week ago to avoid tainting my smoke. Also the sea shield as well.

Shall I continue the micropak, photomag, seacrop, calcium, and seastim? The buds are gigantic and beautiful btw.

milkyjoe

Veteran
DSC_0038.jpg

A little K, a little N and overnight that color changed. Gary R called that one spot on.

FatherEarth

Veteran
MJ,

Right now Im using a tsp of Albion Ca per gallon once a week..so add another 1/2g per gallon to that?

I think that is a bit more than a 1/2tsp to equal a .5g...

So in the kempf talks he speaks of a level of health that plants actually become insecticides themselves and will kill pests that try feed off of it. I dont know for sure but I have been finding dead insects on my leaves lately. Anything abnormal on the leaf surface usually grabs my attention really quickly. I noticed it about two weeks ago and thought ah its just one dead bug. More recently the numbers have increased. They look unharmed nothing about them suggests they died of anything but old age..

picture.php

Here are some cross sections of petioles.. First a healthy petiole no holes and solid.

picture.php

here is a hollow one

picture.php
picture.php

finally hollow with random holes

picture.php

FatherEarth

Veteran
Milky,

Have you noticed a delayed response to the 12/12 photoperiod? Normally my plants respond very quickly especially since I keep my lights on 16/8 they jump off when I go 12/12. Im at 8 days and Im just now able to tell that anything has changed. They are barely even stretching...

FatherEarth

Veteran
some new AEA products arrived today, (well at least new to me)

Agri Gro, Initiate, PZ1000 and Hypercap any experiences or suggestions on amounts to use are most appreciated.

milkyjoe

Veteran
You should get growth but no extra stretch between nodes. It is a cytokinin v auxin thing that john explains in maybe that second nofa thing you posted. You will get more bud set and yield though. You also may not see any orange/red hairs. The plant will not oxidize if it remains healthy enough

Be careful adding more...too much is worse than not enough

Bulldog420

Veteran
Without soil tests, can you guys recommend a foliar application for my plants? I have them vegging with lights still, I got a late start and I am growing in a greenhouse. I know that is kind of vague, where can one find application rates for a gallon at a time?

C

CaliGabe

So in the kempf talks he speaks of a level of health that plants actually become insecticides themselves and will kill pests that try feed off of it. I dont know for sure but I have been finding dead insects on my leaves lately. Anything abnormal on the leaf surface usually grabs my attention really quickly. I noticed it about two weeks ago and thought ah its just one dead bug. More recently the numbers have increased. They look unharmed nothing about them suggests they died of anything but old age.
We have 2 different outdoor gardens which experienced some thrip pressure early in the season. After 3-4 weeks of foliar on one garden they disappeared and another, with better soil to start with, saw the same results in about 2 weeks.

I dunno about the 'insecticide' thing and more when it comes to fully formed compounds their digestive systems can't handle them. From what I remember insects see via infrared and avoid plants that give off a healthy signature.

One of the first articles I read when I started to study brix many years back with the pest resistance part pretty far down in the article. Very cool story about grasshoppers though :): High-Brix Crops are Pest-Resistant

A shame that Rejuvenate is still going off. Thought they had that fixed with the last batch we received.

Last edited:

milkyjoe

Veteran
Without soil tests, can you guys recommend a foliar application for my plants? I have them vegging with lights still, I got a late start and I am growing in a greenhouse. I know that is kind of vague, where can one find application rates for a gallon at a time?

The first thing I would do is keep your soil alive with the tomato formula I posted. My basic take is 90% of the results come from the soil. The foliar is just a boost and ideally would be tailored based on observation at a min and mo better on tissue or sap analysis.

Having said that photomag, kelp and micropak for sure. The rest bases on what you see.

If you have a lot of compost then for sure liave out pht k

We have 2 different outdoor gardens which experienced some thrip pressure early in the season. After 3-4 weeks of foliar on one garden they disappeared and another, with better soil to start with, saw the same results in about 2 weeks.

I dunno about the 'insecticide' thing and more when it comes to fully formed compounds their digestive systems can't handle them. From what I remember plants see via infrared and avoid plants that give off a healthy signature.

One of the first articles I read when I started to study brix many years back with the pest resistance part pretty far down in the article. Very cool story about grasshoppers though :): High-Brix Crops are Pest-Resistant

A shame that Rejuvenate is still going off. Thought they had that fixed with the last batch we received.

Oh shit, you started talking about wacky concepts like "insects using infrared."

A lot of people are going to think you are crazy. :)

I wish more people knew about this. It is one of the most interesting things I have read about in a while.