What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ICMag Security Do's and Don'ts!

MyAssIsGrass

?_?
Veteran
Only mods can do that, you can PM a supermod/admin to ask or click the
report.gif
button on the post and leave us a message about it

Smurf

stoke this joint
ICMag Donor
Veteran
computer dummie here, be gentle

computer dummie here, be gentle

I dont keep anything on my pc anymore,,, have transferred all canna related subjects onto an desktop hd (much easier to dispose of if I get an unexpected visit),, wiped pc & reloaded os.
AVG was excellent when I first started using it, but it has become very resource hungry,, so I'm giving Avast a trial atm.
Any opinions?

ijim

Good to hear from you Skip its been a while. Us older guys always worry and wonder when someone disappears. Good info. Not a bad idea to delete an account take a vacation and open a new one with a new id every once in a while if you are in a state or country that ignorance is still practiced. Should this a sticky.

Rouge

I guess free speech is only free when U talk about subjects that Big Brother approves of. Now they can go dig up every thing you have ever posted from your URL if you didn't have security ----------WTF???---------- How do I get offa this fu*&^king ship???

Warped1

I'm a victim of fast women and slow horses
Veteran
It seems to me that everyone posting here had to sign the TOU, so it baffles me why there is ever a problem. Go start some shit in your own house I guess, you're a guest here. Show yourself to the door.

F

Franky4fingers

Does anyone have prog advice for MAC users.... fire wall spyware software ?
also, consider checking out crypto cat when chatting with friends about grey area conversations

tinyhort

Mildly amused to find that as I registered here though an offshore proxy and Tor ... I was unable to because all the Tor addresses are banned because of spam ...

Where there's a will there's a way, but humorous :)

Another important security measure, sadly, is to not tell others that you grow. Only two of my closest friends know about my grow. I didn't even tell my gf 0f 4-5 years, a non-smoker who referred to the Sacred Herb as 'That stuff you smoke'. Now that she's my ex I'm glad I didn't.
Many people seem to think that home grown is free. Some are jealous. Some would prefer to bludge than to accept offers of full help to grow their own.
Up to 30 years ago people grew outside. Everyone that I've been aware, who had their crop ripped-off, was usually stolen by a friend of a friend on nearly every occasion.
I would just love to show-off my bud to every friend & visitor while nailing them with a billy or two, ('see how clever I am'). I grow nice buds. But I've learnt my lesson trusting the wrong person. (It brought the absolute worst out in one mate when I started indoor 20years ago, lost what I thought was a good mate.) So I have to tell the uninitiated that I know a small time grower, to explain the quality, who I can only get 7g's a week 'so no, sorry, I can't get any for you'. I sometimes feel bad lying, especially to friends, but it is what it is.
Loose lips........belong to blabbermouths.

Things like good locks & alarms are fine, just don't put them to the test unnecessarily by bragging or telling one too many 'friends'.

snuggles

For online anonymity/security I use a VPN service which doesn't log activity and gives out the same IP to different users simultaneously.
Since I live in a country where Cannabis is illegal, I like to take some measures.
Side fact: been smoking and growing for about 20 years now...this is the first time I registered an account on a board which deals with content like ICMag.
Still a bit iffy but like the saying goes: old habits die hard."
Trained cautiousness and "paranoia" seems to stick with you...
greets

Latest posts

Latest posts