What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The salted coconut ....

Phases

Hey,

Yeah that does help I think I have just got them a little bit too wet at the start of rooting and this time I went from clone to a 3x3" square pot which is quite a bit bigger than the solo cups I usually use, either way. I think I overwatered a bit. I am going to give them a few good wet/dry cycles (not too dry) and hopefully the bounce back.

Thanks.

C

c64

Today I checked whether the correct pH value after 24 hours is adjusted in the substrate.

Deciding is to lower my carbonate hardness from 7dH to at least 5dH. I need 1.4 ml of nitric acid (60%) per 10 liters of water.

Everything is in the optimum range ...

Currently I use a NPK ratio of 4-3-6 (1-0,8-1,6). Later I increase the base salt on an NPK ratio of 4-5-10 (1-1,3-2,5).

First pic shows my hightech Liquid Volume Meter. My technical device at the highest level. : )

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

C

c64

My current fertilizer plan for this plant.

picture.php

From time to time I also give natural brown algae extracts (Ascophyllum nodosum). These contain important trace elements, vitamin, hormone, enzyme, amino acids and proteins. The plants love it ... :woohoo:

C64- Awesome plants! Can't wait to see more. In post #33 what strain is that dark one pictured? All your other big bud pictures are making me want more from my plants- these are fat and happy, healthy plants you have.

C

c64

Thank you so much! :)

The dark red bud is "red afro", breeder is "tropical seeds company".

:tiphat:

Snydgrow

Hi c64

You have great skills my friend your room would remind me of when i first starting learning to grow on hennepdesk was most growers growing on mapito i have now switched to coco dtw and i like it much better working with coco then rockwool for sure :)

Only problem i found is my readings been all over the place but plants look healthy so not to concerned as was told it can be like this with coco?

I will be around from now on if thats ok could learn alot from you keep up the good work its nice to see :)

Thanks

Snydgrow

C

c64

They stretch very quickly, so I do not have much space up. I reduce the nitrogen concentration again and give NPP 2.8-4.8-9.6 (1-1.8-3.5).
Let's see...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

C

c64

drain tank

picture.php

Safety pipetting ball made of natural rubber for accurate dosage of the acid.

picture.php

Area for cuttings and mother plants.

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:
C

c64

@ Old Toker

The Borg needs a good organization and I need it too. :muahaha:
Only the assimilation I need not have. :Bolt:

@ Snydgrow

It is only a 35 W bulb. This is sufficient for the room height. :)
The exact name of the lamp is:
Philips MASTERColour CDM-T Elite 35W/942 G12

My Water soluble salts, the food for my plants.
Ammonium sulphate nitrate (ASS 26), various base salts with different nitrate ammonium ratios. And the classic mono-potassium phosphate, magnesium sulfate (epsom) and calcium nitrate (calcinit).

picture.php

Last edited:

Snydgrow

@c64 nice your rooms are very efficient I need to work on a similar setup for my mother room.

Do you yield gpw or more and any advice you could give someone starting to get into using salts I was trying to start of with couple products then add once I learn more was think Yara Kristalon Brown and to my understanding I would need a calcinit product to go with it?

My tap ec is 0.4 and using standard nutrients I've always added Calgreen at .1 ec and never have calcium or magnesium deficiency. Could I just use the Yara brown with the Calgreen to start?

Thanks

Snydgrow

C

c64

@ sg

Calgreen contains micro elements that are already available in brown. Better is you used calcinit.

Kristalon brown is a base fertilizer with low nitrogen and high phosphorus and potassium content.
You must combine Kristalon Braun with YaraLiva Calcinit to get your desired nitrogen ratio.

Here is an example of an application in growth.
The fertilizer concentration in this example is much too high for cannabis (small, medium size)!
You must reduce the total concentration while maintaining the same ratio. Then, in the flower, add less calcinite to increase the phosphorus potassium ratio.
Users who use this fertilizer will help you further here in the forum. I think we have a Kristalon brown thread.

For soft water = carbonate hardness less than 8,4 ° dH
If you add 1.2 g/l CalciNit you get 18 - 0 - 0
If you add 0.5 g/l Kristalon Brown you get 1.5 - 5.5 - 19
Total then 19.5 - 5.5 - 19

My plants do not stop stretching. I think, in few days i must breaking their main stem. There is no other way...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Snydgrow

@c64

Thanks for breaking it down like this I understand a lot more and I will look into that thread you mentioned. Is there anywhere in UK/ Europe you know I could purchase from also you mention carbonate hardness I will purchase a meter to read this so I can get my mix right for my water also I see you use a soil ph pen to is this more accurate reading then taking ph reading from run off or do you do both?

How many times per day do you feed your coco?

Sorry for lots of questions but this something interest me a lot I will post a journal on my next grow once I have all the supplies thanks for your help.

Snydgrow

C

c64

Your drinking water supplier has on his homepage an exact composition of the water, also the indication of the carbonate hardness should be listed. Or buy a "CARBONATE HARDNESS TEST KIT Aquarium Water Test Kit".

Once a day, I irrigate the plants, I use 7.5liter pots.

In order to obtain absolute knowledge, a puncture probe is advantageous.

One is very important, let the finished nutrient solution (fertilizer + acid) rest for 24 hours. After 24 hrs correct the pH again, if necessary and then irrigate the plants.

I do not give more than 4g / 10L (1g/10L Calcinit, 3g/10L Basis4) at the time, which corresponds to a fertilizer EC value of just 0.5 + water EC = 0.9 total. EC values from other fertilizer manufacturers are not relevant. Which also makes the use of an EC meter superfluous. You can calculate the EC value, but this value is a useless value because there are no comparisons.
The dosage above g / L (10g / 10L) is the better way.

Okay, I have looked up, not much information about Kristalon brown stand here in the forum. So I quickly created an application dosage for it.
You have to complete the missing values, a small homework for you, for a better understanding. :biggrin:

picture.php

A calculation of higher doses of salts for the flower is also necessary for the future.

Snydgrow

@c64 first off thank you for your very detailed reply the table you done for me is very neat I appreciate you doing this and you defiantly gave me some homework to do :)

I started to do this last night took me some time to get my head round all these numbers this was needed it got my brain thinking lol.

Yes I looked on water website and it shows the Calcium carbonate reading at 145.5 mg/l how do you get the reading in dh? Like you explain to me?

Ok here is my readings please tell me if any wrong I notice you round up or down when calculating the N-P-K so I done same hope all is right.

Calinit Brown N - P - K EC
2 2 3.7 -2.2- 7.6 0.51

1.5 2.5 2.8 -2.8- 9.5 0.51

1 3 2.5 -3.3- 11.4 0.51

1.5 3 2.8 -3.3- 11.4 0.58

1 3.5 2.6 -3.9- 13.3 0.58

0.5 3 1.7 -3.3- 11.4 0.45

Could you explain how I get the ratio to nitrogen can't get head round this bit and when making your stock you would do 10g/10l then add any necessary amounts to your tank of water?

Would Kristalon brown & calcinit be the only two products I would need? Do I have to get another product with a higher PK for flower? Sorry for lots of questions this is something I want to learn for sometime now also this all very new to me go easy lol :D

Thanks

Snydgrow

Snydgrow

Sorry when I typed this up I put spaces between them but when posted it's all come together and I don't know how to edit post as you can see I mean calcinit 2 brown 2 then NPK the followed by ec hope not to hard to read.

Latest posts

Latest posts