What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Yogurt Cup Grow Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Infinitesimal

my strength is a number, and my soul lies in every
ICMag Donor
Veteran
OK quick question, if I keep the roots pruned does that count as staying inside the container?

with proper drainage, I don't know how the roots would stay inside.

I'm gonna have to make a yogurt run :D, I've got a few stray seeds laying around somewhere.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
OK quick question, if I keep the roots pruned does that count as staying inside the container?

with proper drainage, I don't know how the roots would stay inside.

I'm gonna have to make a yogurt run :D, I've got a few stray seeds laying around somewhere.

ya conceptually root pruning could be very necessary to follow that rule....

glad to see the interest in the micro container growing contest this round
:biggrin: :ying:
:woohoo: :dance013:

toke'a'bowl

I'm in.

3- Goo X Congo
2- Blue Himalayan Diesel (auto)

attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 36

wildgrow

, The Ghost of
Veteran
A little late -
on the update.

picture.php

One of the NL x Big Buds is a mutie. The 'big' one is Critical.

toke'a'bowl

We have germination on all 3 goo x Congo. It's a selfed goo clones seed pollinated by an Ace seeds- Congo Male. 1 of 2 Blue Him Diesel have germed. It's actully a short stuff BHD crossed with a large LR2 male. I have f2s coming soon. Will use happy frog soil and no idea what food yet. Might seed all 5 yogis with some of my pollen stash.
attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 31

Mikenite69

Veteran
I thought we weren't supposed to use autoflowers?? If that's the case then I am breaking out my la divas and dropping those into a yogi instead of wasting seeds that could potentially turn out to be fire.

So far the lime kush from jaws is a no show but they are old beans so a fruity pebble cargo took it's place. I actually started germinating a couple more seeds for some more yogis that I bought last night. So far I popped royal purple kush emerald triangle seeds and a blueberry F2 where I did the cross from a Dutch passion male and female. The bluebery male I used was crystal covered had double serrations and also had female pistils. I expect killer plants from this crosss.

toke'a'bowl

If the consensus says no auto I will pop a couple other non autos to take their place. I was using them cuz I have a lot of em

Anchorite

"Darkside Kush" 5 Days old.

Darkside top view.

Some MK-Ultra seeds that are taking their sweet ass time emerging...But soon to be in yogurt cups.

Last edited:

wildgrow

, The Ghost of
Veteran
From the 1st post -

RULES
Read Closely

1) a 6 oz. individual yogurt container of any shape or brand. No substitutions. Keep the original label on there, please.

2) a seed or seedling of any Cannabis, male or female. Please specify strain/hybrid/breeder lineage in as much detail as possible.

3) each contestant can enter up to 5 yogurt cup plants (one plant per cup), but must choose only one to be judged.

4) There is no call for entries thread this round, so the contest will stay open to new entries the entire time. This thread is the place to post entries and updates from now until completion of the contest.

5) Your entered seedlings may be germinated or not at the time of entry.

6) All roots must remain inside the yogurt cup for the duration of the challenge and may require trimming. Any type of feeding is allowed, but if roots grow out the bottom of the container they must be trimmed immediately and not be outside the 6oz container.

7) Harvest must be no more than 20 weeks from tomorrw, that's November 30th. You can enter and finish ANY time between now and November 30th, but MUST be harvested with finished product pictures and smoke report by November 30th.

8) Missing 3 weeks without any update disqualifies a member, so keep up steady updates for the win.

Final harvest weights, both wet and dry, would be great, but not mandatory.

Showing plants against a ruler for reference, along the way and at harvest, also not mandatory, but would be super.

We will take and post weekly pics of our entries. We will all keep a good, fun spirit of community and sharing of knowledge and experiences.

Any seed.

Mikenite69

Veteran
Well damn then I am not waisting good seeds maybe I was remembering from last time or something no autos allowed but either way my bad thought it was supposed to be no autos carry on.

Well looks like belladonna, fruity pebble cargo, royal purple kush will go into regular cups.

Most likely my blueberry F2 will be a yogi and I'll find 4 more beans for my other yogis or maybe I'll just keep the lineup as is.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yhea, first post says it all... nothing in there about autos.... im certain that a "regular" seed can perform just as well as auto's.
in past rounds auto's have been nixed; not this time tho, so grow away, any seed

i finally got my yogis transplanted into the yogi cups:

picture.php

YES i am using 2 containers that are smaller than "regulation" yogi cup size... they are like 4 oz instead of 6. (yhea, maybe im showing off a little bit, but also maybe they will die pathetically)
:laughing:

also, i put one in rockwool as you can see (in homage to DonJuan Dematos old thread of growing int bulk rockwool, altho he did it one plant per 1kw in 20gal of wool, lol)
the rest are all in varying mixes of peat/perlite.

all are twista x bubblegum except for one is Bodhi "kindness" which is afwreck x snow lotus i believe.

:woohoo:

bugman52

Bug Scissor Hand
Veteran
the 3 on the left R GG4X RGT,far right GG4X STS. The lime cookiesxbubba dident make it .
the GGXSTS seed was planted 1 week after the others ,she's growing faster than the others.

Eighths-n-Aces

Veteran
hand watering isn't cutting it anymore so i put them in the dripper rig today and topped them( about 24 days)

if you are going with top feed be ready for the root ball to pretty much make the yogurt cup water tight (read : your floor is gonna get wet unless you do something about it and your girls are gonna dry out)

here is one way ........

get some some extra yogurt cups and cut the tops off

some foil tape

installed. FWIW this is a lot easier to do when they are small! i waited to long the last couple rounds and it is a PITA when the plants are bigger

i'm running CX nutes again. if it aint broke i don't fuck with it

Waldgeist

Intresting shit bro!

So this additional ring is something like an overflow restrictor, can you give me an example of a feeding schedule for one day (frequency/on times) ?

thank you.

Eighths-n-Aces

Veteran
Intresting shit bro!

So this additional ring is something like an overflow restrictor, can you give me an example of a feeding schedule for one day (frequency/on times) ?

thank you.

yes. the extra ring keeps the nutes in the cup and gives them time to run through instead of running over the sides when the rootball gets tight/dense enough to almost keep water from running through it.

the on time for my set up is around 30 seconds all the way through the grow (it equals around 70 ml total with 20-30 being run off). the frequency changes throughout the grow. right now it is every 3 hours but if it works out like the last run they will be getting fed about every 45 minutes with the lights on. watering when the lights are off is a game changer too. i can get by with hand watering one time a night at this stage but i will be using an automated set up when things get further along. the last run got watered about every 3 hours at night.

IMHO the most important thing when i try to grow in micro containers is to NEVER NEVER NEVER EVER let the roots get too dry. once the damage is done you can fix it if you are lucky but if the plant "stalls" at all in a yogurt cup it is really hard/impossible to get it back on track :ying:

Eighths-n-Aces

Veteran
So that CX stuff... youre using just those 3 bottles? Supplimenting with anything else?

i use 3 ml H2O2 per gallon in every watering/feeding throughout the grow. the rez gets dosed with the peroxide every day as close to lights on/dawn as possible

as far as nutes go it's those 3 bottles in veg but it will change at bloom to these .......

i didn't have the superior potash last round so we will see what happens

:biggrin: yeah i know how much we all hate buying all the different shit that the hydro companies try to sell us ....... but these products were all given to me for free to see how the nute line works so i am trying to do what the makers say more or less. :tiphat:

BTW the only thing i run full strength is the regen-a-root because i figure the roots need all the help they can get when you are growing in a fucking yogurt cup. all the other additives get run at 50% and the base nutes get adjusted according to what i think makes sense from looking at the plants that day (that is usually around 60-75% of what the bottle says)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts