What's new

Please help me help my plants

McFreedom

Hi,
I've run into a problem.
I'm growing Green crack by Beaver seeds and Nepalma by USC in soil/perlite.
Recently almost all of the Nepalma plants started drooping and changing to a lighter color. None of the Creen Crack plants were affected. I water (RO) whenever the soil is dry about a good 2-3" down the pot (I use my finger).

Setup:
1m x 1m x 2m grow tent
Good ventilation
Marshydro reflector 96 + cheap aliexpress light of similar intensity
70-78F degrees during the day 65F at night
40-60% humidity
Oscillating fan
fed lightly with NPK 10-2-6 fertilizer every 2-3 waterings

I chopped the lower leaves on this plant in an attempt to lighten its load in case it was sick (not sure if that was the right thing to do).

Attachments

• IMG_20160825_185826 (Medium).jpg
    IMG_20160825_185826 (Medium).jpg
    53 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_20160825_185817 (Medium).jpg
    IMG_20160825_185817 (Medium).jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 11

Tri_Cho_Me

Maybe you're waiting to long to water? Drooping is common with under watered plants. I've always heard water when the soil is dry up to your first knuckle. Which is probably around an inch down. Not 2 or 3 inches down. Just my two cents!

Tri_Cho_Me

New grower, my knowledge has been trial and error, so im not saying I know what im talking about.
but I had this same exact problem.
They started out growing like wild fire, then all of a sudden hit a point and it was very slow, leaf colour change and a few more problems started after that.
Went through all the different types of fixs, flushing, more cal/mag,
less nutes, more venting, more everything and less of everything else etc

2 nights ago I checked the roots structure, (using 1 litre yogurt containers) plants are less then 6 inches but they had filled the entire pot up and must of been choking themselves, I mean totally filled, like a wall of white roots in most places, that cant be good.

Have a look at yours

McFreedom

I had a look at the roots, roots were dense up against the pot. I transplanted all 10 Nepalmas to larger pots. Hopefully that fixes 'em

M

meowmeowmeow

"fed lightly with NPK 10-2-6 fertilizer every 2-3 waterings"

IMHO back off the nutes until you have a healthy well rooted girl too

Good luck :joint:

its look to me like roots problem. transplant its the solution. after transplanting be a sure you water the plants good.

Longtimegrower

Try watering from the bottom your pit should have holes in the bottom set the lot in about an inch of water during another pan to set the pot in. Let it set in pan for twenty minutes or until the plant us good and soaked then take it out. Notice how we heavy the plant is then it should be OK for two or three days water again as the plant gets light. U shouldn't have to water every day.