What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

seedling problem

N

NoSocSlic

Did some searching but couldn't find the info I was looking for. I have 9 seedlings. 8 are just fine.

Thoughts? I would like to keep it since it looks like it will be a fem. I can do with out it though. Its the only one showing any problems at all. This is from my homemade seeds and it is an IBL, could be that?

Just wondering if this is something someone has seen and solved. If not like I said I can pluck it out and only be mildly upset.

(PICTURES BELOW)

Last edited:
M

meowmeowmeow

This is from my homemade seeds and it is an IBL, could be that?

Maybe that or a little too moist in your cups IMHO.

I get similar issues when my medium is too moist.

Don't sweat it you got 9 going and to lose a few is no biggie. :biggrin:

BTW what's the strain like?

M

Moonlight dank

I'd say the same bit too much water not enough veg light they look ready to be berried in some big pots with a couple of dual spec 600s to wake them up ,I had one mum in and out of a room ended up on a window sill during winter looked cold wet yellow heavily molted much worse than yours ,like shrivelled and fluffed up ,couple of days in a new big pot with some decent veg light and good nutes woke it up just fine and started getting explosive lush growth after a week of topping and tying.turned out to be a fast flowering sativa with purple dense extra sugary bubblegum flowers Deffo a keeper lost it in the end thow regrets !!!! You never know with pot luck could be a good 1,Little tlc it will be fine

N

NoSocSlic

I wish the pictures were clearer. It looks like a disease of some kind. If you notice at all, there are some lighter colored splotchy areas on the leaves that have me concerned. I think I have talked myself into getting rid of it.

As for the strain it is great. Got some bag seeds from some bubba kush, then grew out a mom and pulled about 200 seeds... It isn't Bubba Kush... but if you have smoked Bubba then you would think this reminded you of it. It's a little buzzier but great tasting smoke. I have tested about 30, and that seedling is the first one to show problems.

I am thinking its either a genetic disorder, or a disease. It is only that one plant.

N

NoSocSlic

better pictures

better pictures

Here are a couple better pictures. The first did not show the problem very well

M

meowmeowmeow

You never know with pot luck could be a good 1,Little tlc it will be fine

BINGO.
Euthanasia of plants is wrong dude! Let her live! :headbange
IMHO I would set her off to the side and just keep an eye on her.
Some of the best bud could potentially come from a really gnarly looking plant.

M

Moonlight dank

Yea i know what you mean looking at those last pics ,but at such a young age it's hard to tell if somethings wrong .as when ever you pop a hundfull of seeds theirs always a few that can't keep up and get dogged after they don't get past the first two leaves,it's come this far just looks a bit weak, you won't know if it's OK till you take it to the next stage repotting ,strong ventilation, strong veg light etc some plants need a push to wake them up when they go a bit dormant ,osalating fans help wake a young /dormant plant up just from the feeling of wind on the leaves -their genetics/species expect certain things they get outdoors and when your indoors it's up to you to give them these things ,eg when I'm cloning after a week of being in an air tight prop I remove lid and fan cuttings with it to tell them to wake up before putting the lid back with vents open ,plants are alive and do respond to things like this .the trick is knowing when to do these things without being asked, I'd say repot them get strong veg light on them etc keep your nutes strict to bring just that 1 around if nothing else ,eg base nutes ,a trace minerals mix to help combat deficiencys good ph and rizotonic /root stimulator to help encourage root development -at an early stage good roots down below help the plants future grow, .I train my plants from a young age to drink heavy by giving them extra water and using other low stress tecniques such as topping and tieing , as long as the light is intense and the ventalation is on par they tend to flourish and keep up but some won't and I have to make adjustments for them same thing with yours give it chance to get threw next stage if it's still looking ropey ,consider getting rid of it or curing the disease /deficiency if it shows,as I say it could just be struggling with less than ideal conditions at young age and may come around but if that's not the case and it has a disease atleast if you get it going you will have a better idea which one and may be able to cure it as youve strengthened it's core with a week of ideal conditions -turn the sun on and let it grow, then you will find out if it was just not liking it's excess water to not enough light /:air ratio or if it has a disease .good luck ,keep us posted

M

Moonlight dank

Just noticed you said it's an ibl or (inbred line) so yea that could be it .inbreeding causes problems with all species not just plants lol although it's probably less damaging with a plant /I would expect ibl plants to just be a bit slow full stop.( problematic and just not as explosive/ responsive ) but not a lot of difference in the end product unless it's feminised then your going to end up with an inbred hermaphrodite possibly full of seeds for smoke,-not ideal just my two pence ,I always stick to the first/new generation regs to be safer

N

NoSocSlic

The only reason I would get rid of it is if I thought that it had a virus. But chances are likely if that were the case it would affect everyone in the group. I thought it looked similar to TMV so it is a little worrisome. Every leaf of the plant is affected at least a little.

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Live and let live.

It's looking healthy to me if it's what I think it is, variegation.

What are the genetics on it? If it has any of the chem lines or possibly some diesel or og then that could be the culprit.

Try a cal/mag foliar and see if that doesn't turn it around. Keep us posted.

N

NoSocSlic

Try a cal/mag foliar and see if that doesn't turn it around. Keep us posted.

Thanks for the suggestion. I will try it out and keep her around. I am noticing some very distinct differences heightwise. Looks alone say that I have 4 girls and 5 boys... so keeping is definitely better than losing.

Genetics are unknown to me. Had a few seeds in one of the buds in a bag I picked up. I ran them to try and make some seeds and see what I got out of it. I have had this work out wonderfully and also had it turn out not so great.

Latest posts

Latest posts