What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

how to obtain a search warrrant?

ok i have pulled my c99 plants in early veg becuase my security i believe is comprimised.someone at work was asking about growing outdoors and it made me think.my first crop i did in my new house i ended up selling to a few stoner friends at work.only one who ever saw my grow(i know very, very, stupid. pride got to me)was a fellow grower.in return of trust i went to his parents house to visit there family grow op9many plants in a basement room).i go down, you go with me kinda thing.
now my question is......say some one hears about say me or his grow can the police go on a rumor or a rat to aquire a search warrant .now i live in a very nice neighborhood and i keep my house up looking nice and all.what does it take for them to get permission to kick in my door.if my buddy say talked to a couple of his friends and one was rat and gave my name up is that enough?only my brothers and my grow friend have seen anything along the way of my grow op...other than that you could never tell.
i hate it i am sitting on a bunch of strains(blockhead,sensi nlxhaze,sensi star,and my own cross of bubbleberryx nl#5)but i am too scared to grow now.

What do you think?

G

Rule #1 Never,never,never,never tell anyone...
Is it probable cause?! I dunno :confused:
However, If someone tips off the cops...
and they start watching you...
and goin through your trash...
parking a van across from your house...
then your security is compromised...
loose lips sink ships... even a grow buddy can roll on ya...

tokeAcola

If your security has been comprimised, it's always better to be safe than sorry. You don't want to be sitting in a jail cell over a damn plant.

toke

i know i was stupid.it kinda started with me showing up at the 4th of july with a small bag of my bubbleberry.the only weed i have ssen that good around here was from another grower.no one asked questions,but i am sure a few wondered where it came from.i just worry you know.i have given out a little to some very close friends.i have even burnt some in my fireplace when i grew a new strain.you would never know by scopeing out my house.it would have to be someone for whatever reason say to the cops that hey so an so is growing pot.

i know i am a idiot....i have learned.....pride got the best of me.i has been a couple of years since i started groing indoors and its been till now that i am paranoid.i was stupidest at the first grow.a while ago.what do you think?

Rellikbuzz

It is my understanding that IF the cops were to get a tip and have reasonable cause, they can obtain a search warrant and inspect your house. Now, the obvious question here is why do you think that, just because someone at work asked questions about growing outdoors, the cops have any knowledge of YOUR grow?

Unless you think that this person asked the questions about growing outdoors because they knew that you grow indoors, then I think that it could just be random coincedence. However, if you KNOW that there is more to it than random coincidence then it would be prudent on your part to take quick action to eliminate any and all evidence of weed (ie, roaches, papers, pipes/bongs, any plant material and grow equipment) from your home immediately.

Without any more information on why you think you have reason to believe that you have been "narked out", it is really too hard to say anything with any certainty.

G

Chop everything, bag it, clean, and start over in a few months.

If you don't know then you really need to chop and clean.

I have had to do it a few times and it's a good exersise for sure, plus it gives you and your old lady, girlfriend, a chance to figure out what you will do in a real bust.

Not worth jail

Tex

no i dont i was narked out.this guy i usually talk to bout politics(bush an how fucked he is)and weed has come uphe came right to tell me about some he knows grows.kinda odd.this guy i suspect is growing becuase he knows his shit about weed not just stoner myths.yah know.this guy is also kinda odd.i dont trust him.it just seems kinda odd.not my biggest concern but kinda odd.
now what would be probuble cuase?i dont carry in shitloads of soil,i am only running a 600 watt light,nothing stinks,it would be all hearsay.i would like to think.its just i had my c99 three weeks into veg and i am just getting paraniod now?its not like it is my first grow.ive been doin it from around i was 16.
its just kinda odd with that guy..i am afraid i somehow made a name for myself.it fucking sucks.
the only guys i have sold it too have been my boss who is a vietnam vet and thinks i grow outdoors.decent guy.and to a guy i grew a 20 plant outdoor grow a year ago.old stoner real nice guy.i didnt grow with him last year cuase i had a great indoor grow goin why risk it more.so i told him i cant becuase my fiance is given me shit.which is kinda true but she tolerates my little hobby.so those two have a clue but never seen anything.they just buy a couple of zs and thats it.i have more tahn enough.i really mean it when i said i burn some in my fireplace cuase i have had too much.i just like growing it.i love new strains.
i am just worried that i might have dug myself a pit and am trying to think of how i could get cuaght that way i know where i stand when it comes to risk
my fiance graduates from college this may and getting cuaght would fuck her life up worse.
i am just worried and am seeking help in assesing my risk factor right now.did i cut my own throat?say one of these guys goes to the cops and say hey hes growing can they kick my door in then game over?or will they scope me out looking for ?

mybeans420

resident slackass
Veteran
having someone say to the cops that you are growing weed isnt likely to garner a warrant immediately.
more likely an investigation into your activities would be opened. this could last as long as a year or as short as a day if thats all it takes for them to get the probable cause they need to get a concrete warrant. best thing to do is to just close down shop since you are uncertain. as was stated before, it is always better to be safe than sorry.
if you feel that your security may have been compromised then shut it down till the heats off.

best of luck to ya brother

peace
beans

see i figured i would have to sell to a snitch or show them my grow.i figured if a snitch just heres a "rumor"and tells the the cops,they would just watch my house for a while.like i said my bros have seen it....which is really no big deal and my friend who i will be growing outdoors with this summer.i have also seen his parents grow room and have even gave his dad advise.i know that is way tooo much but it has just unraveled that way.like i said i wish i could go back in time and keep my mouth shut!

i hate it though i am sooo tempted to buy some herb cuase i am all out.i have been out.so i have 2 options start a couple of blockheads or go buy a bag at $50 a 8th.and the shit for sale nevers comes close to the quality i grow.if i start the blockheads or mabey sensi stars i would only try for like two females and keep it really low key.i dont need to buy supplies i have about six bags of soil and a 50lb sack of worm castings.i need dirt under my nails!!!!!

Dramajic

As I understand the law (local newspaper), the information can't be more than 18 hours old. The informants must have snitched on you within this 18 time frame. Texas law.

badmf

My friend you should consult a local Normal office for an atty in your area that is experienced in these matters rather than here, as we mean well but can't answer you specifically. The bell is rung and can't be un-rung! You must decide if growing indoors right now is wise. Even if you go outdoors you will eventually bring the "booty" home so you still have an issue.(less you stash it elsewhere) I closed down my warehouse and moved out because a odor leaked and I felt it was better to be safe than sorry. In your case, you have a couple issues, one, a few people and whoever they converse with now or in the future will hear about "you" possibly from casual conversations. Anytime the subject comes up most folks want to brag about who they know and what they grow etc, you may turn into Eddie Lepp if they yeast the story enough! I never panic, so I don't advise you to either, take a deep breathe, now consider who knows and what they may do if under a situation where they would surrender their freedom. Do these folks have a lifestyle that would get them under police scrutiny often or are they just casual smokers, if the later then you are safer but not as much if you had remained silent. I wouldn't think a few plants can cause you heavy situations but all areas have different laws and penalties. Consult an atty and think about getting a med card if they are availible in your neck of the woods. I would keep growing the plants you have and prepare for any, "meet and greet" by detectives, they generally will come out on a bs excuse to see if they see/hear/smell anything and your demeanor. This happened to me and I was carrying a couple empty trays when they walked down my driveway! They asked me about "the folks 4 houses down", it was an empty house rented out for weekends, they left and never returned, I took all plant related "garbage a couple miles away to a commercial trash can. I also had a dispute with a neighbors ex-husband, and the ex-wive(who I was seeing!) called the cops( I didn't know it either!), when they arrived I answered the door invited them in, and excused myself to go down and shut down the grow, this wasn't a fun deal but whatcha gonna do! I have "fire drills" occasionally to see if I can beat the last record and not miss anything! Good luck!

yeh those who have seen my my bros and my friend have never been arrested.they lead a very low key lifestyle.my main concern is if they might have let anything slip by like you said in casual conversation.i myself have never been in trouble with tha law also.i dont think i have ever even had to talk to a cop on bad terms other than a speeding ticket.i dont have loud parties ....its just that i worry that people might know and rat me out.it sucks cuase i have had such a good thing going.i have grown out some of bogs strains,and some white rhino and man .....i fucking miss the good times with these potent buds.its just this paranoia is really killing the whole experiance.i hate reading these busted threads and sitting back and thinking if i do one more grow i might just get ratted on.badmf thanks for the kind words.........

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
If its making you jittery, them maybe buying for a couple of months if you really must while you chill out and maybe move house if possible. Tell the people who do know that you have had to quit as you were getting paranoid....and then never let them know any different when you do start up again. As you say, this is taking the enjoyment from it..and if you are feeling nervous and suspicious, odds are you will be acting nervous and suspicious. You need to think rationally for a moment...about exactly who knows, and how to deal with them, if you have to give them concrete boots, so be it, ...lol, that was a joke, just making sure ur paying attention, haha. Like I say, let the people who know tink that you have quit, no, let them see that yo have quit((if you do decide to put things on hold for a while!)). Maybe the people you know who grow that you mentioned would let you get some of there shit.
hope you figure it out dude.

G

as far as i know , if you are ratted out , the cops dont need a search warrant , an immediate investigation is started , this is how thing's work in Canada & Europe

peace

relic2779

The first 10 rules of growing weed, even before you buy your first light, is: Never, ever, under any circumstances, tell anyone.

Yet people do and they get busted. Then while they're sitting in jail, they finally, FINALLY understand this rule completely. No matter how much of a "friend" someone is, even if it's your own brother, if faced with the possibility of you or them going to jail, it's gonna be YOU. This isn't a hollywood movie.

But just them telling the cops you grow will not yeild a police warrant. it *may* lead to a couple month investigation to get the warrant. But then again, has this person seen your grow? Because the cops will ask. And if the person says no, but a friend told me about it, they won't take it seriously. Better to be safe then sorry, however.

G

all i can say is i *HOPE* the cops have better things to do than go around sniffing out little closet grows. how about "starting an investigation" about how corporate scumbags are raping us all blind...

Bigmone357

Loose lips sink ships.Good luck on the outcome mass hope u don't get raided but u were smart for choppin' that's the price u pay when u show your grow just don't grow for awhile act like u stopped smokin' & the whole 9 yards let it blow over let him come over again so in his mind the room is empty or full of stored stuff, guest room ,etc....Goo' Luck mass

G

nope no Jail

nope no Jail

Texas Kid said:
Chop everything, bag it, clean, and start over in a few months.

If you don't know then you really need to chop and clean.

I have had to do it a few times and it's a good exersise for sure, plus it gives you and your old lady, girlfriend, a chance to figure out what you will do in a real bust.

Not worth jail

Tex
Nope Not worth jail time in in Texas! Bag it start over later :confused:

Latest posts

Latest posts