What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

FZ

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
On this date, 27 years ago, we lost one of the greatest musical composers and one of the finest rock guitarists who ever lived..

Frank Zappa

He was only 52 years old...

Love his music or hate it, the man was a musical genius.
He had a very wry sense of humor and his satirical songs were written to poke fun at anything and everything..
Nothing was too sacred for Frank to poke fun at..

If you were never lucky enough to see him in concert, you don't know what you missed...
The man could wail on the electric guitar...He would absolutely shred it...In my opinion, he was was of the top 10 best rock guitarists ever..

I saw FZ in concert 3 times in the early to mid 70's..
Including the performance with Flo and Eddie, which was recorded 4 days later at the Fillmore East in N.Y. and released as an album, "The Mothers, Fillmore East June 1971".

Here's to you Frank... Your music lives on, in very many living rooms around the world...

picture.php

picture.php

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
Anyone check out the newest Zappa doc by Alex Winter? It's on my list to view this month. Really looking forward to it.

Really glad to have found Zappa fans on this forum. Any other forum I've ever participated in didn't really get it. Or even in the real world. At my young age, being a Zappa fan is a lonely walk.

SelectaZooly

Zoot allures, one of my all time favourite albums.

‘Pump up the gas every nihihihight’

I was around 16 when I discovered it. Not many people were in to that kind of music. But not many people were in to grindcore either, one of my other loved genres. Check Carcass’ ‘Symphonies of sickness’ album.

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
He was a little over the top for me:bump:I agree as to his talents on the guitar

Gry

Frank was a true joy.
That he died at the age of 52 from prostate cancer seems more than tragic.

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
I saw every tour from 77 on, the most fun I've ever had was playing with Dweezil's band several times.