What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Nilsson's garden: Hawaiian snow Hawaiiana Thai chi destroyer + broadleaf black congo

Red October

The destroyers are growing a bit big so I'm starting to install a scrog type system for them, figured I'd do the supports taller incase I need to do multi support structures because of the wind.

Attachments

• IMG_20210116_183044.jpg
    IMG_20210116_183044.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_20210116_183243.jpg
    IMG_20210116_183243.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 23

Red October

Sorry for the lack of images on the group busy flowering but they haven't been too impressive, the purple Thai plants are smelling heavily like brewed coffee which is nice and the one destroyer plant I put into flowering is looking great, I'm more used to this type of structure and stretch than the more indica influenced plants, crystal coverage is beautiful for this early on in flower.

Attachments

• IMG_20210116_182759.jpg
    IMG_20210116_182759.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_20210116_182812.jpg
    IMG_20210116_182812.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 23

Red October

Training day starts tomorrow, now I need to actually learn how to scrog properly, worried how much the destroyers are going to stretch.... :bigeye: glad I managed to get the chicken wire on without any major decapitations.

Attachments

• IMG_20210119_190331.jpg
    IMG_20210119_190331.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_20210119_190345.jpg
    IMG_20210119_190345.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_20210119_192618.jpg
    IMG_20210119_192618.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 21

Red October

My field of dreams, plants have responded very well to the scrogging. Still have plenty of time before the equinox, might have to do some serious trimming.

Attachments

• IMG_20210129_154054.jpg
    IMG_20210129_154054.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 21

Red October

Having a hard time keeping things under control, a bit worried that the plants are going to start flowering sooner than I think as they move towards the solstice. Two of them are pushing out a lot of preflowers and I don't want to start removing the growth tips as I don't want any additional outward expansion.

Needles to say I'm probably heading for monumental f@#k up here but I will definitely have enough to last me many a moon unless they all die of some disease..... So many possibilities, so many ways to screw it up.

Attachments

• IMG_20210206_184610.jpg
    IMG_20210206_184610.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_20210206_184600.jpg
    IMG_20210206_184600.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 20

Red October

Kitty love!! He's gonna make short work of the shade cloth with his claws, at least it's cheap and reasonably easy to replace.

Two of the destroyers have started changing over to a flowering structure, don't know what to make of it as it's not even mid February yet. I hope they are going to be a good smoke..... I really do.

Attachments

• IMG_20210209_065531.jpg
    IMG_20210209_065531.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_20210209_065537.jpg
    IMG_20210209_065537.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 20

romanoweed

i have a suspicion: the walls shadows do introduce some early flowers, wich will then stagnate, and it will finish normal timed.

I had a plant doing that when standing pretty in shady spot under trees, thats why i think thats the case

Red October

i have a suspicion: the walls shadows do introduce some early flowers, wich will then stagnate, and it will finish normal timed.

I had a plant doing that when standing pretty in shady spot under trees, thats why i think thats the case
I was wondering the same if the structures around my house would play a factor in the amount of lumens the plant receives in the morning and the evening. They are starting to stretch a lot and I'm in two minds if I should cut them back a bit now as my vertical space is limited, really worried how much they will stretch as the one destroyer I just finished off in a pot did still triple in size even though it was topped.

romanoweed

well my plant then grew a just a tiny bit shorter than the others from same strain, it any, otherwise was unchanged.

But IF the walls have a CERTAIN HEIGHT and really block light COMPLEETLY (not like a tree with some rays shining trough) like on my other Spot (only recieved 4 hours midday sun) , then plants can stretch a bit more, grow thowards height, not square. You loose a bit yeald then.. And they will naturally be forced thowads height.

Red October

well my plant then grew a just a tiny bit shorter than the others from same strain, it any, otherwise was unchanged.

But IF the walls have a CERTAIN HEIGHT and really block light COMPLEETLY (not like a tree with some rays shining trough) like on my other Spot (only recieved 4 hours midday sun) , then plants can stretch a bit more, grow thowards height, not square. You loose a bit yeald then.. And they will naturally be forced thowads height.
I'm quite lucky and the area gets good direct light throughout most of the day, I can also bend them if they get too tall I suppose but if the winds don't let up next month it's going to be very difficult protecting them if the get too long.

UnoHuddson

Guys, you have a wonderful garden! I see that you take care of your plants and they are in nice condition. I wish I could have the same garden in my backyard. Unfortunately, where I live right now we cannot grow weed, except for those who got a medical license for consumption. I wish I could grow my own plants in my garden like I used to do it back in time. I recently bought a nice outdoor lounge set on www.gardenfurniture.co.uk Everything looks nice and cozy. But only now I realized what is missing in my garden. It would be so nice to lie down on a couch outdoors and smoke a joint.

Red October

Guys, you have a wonderful garden! I see that you take care of your plants and they are in nice condition. I wish I could have the same garden in my backyard. Unfortunately, where I live right now we cannot grow weed, except for those who got a medical license for consumption. I wish I could grow my own plants in my garden like I used to do it back in time. I recently bought a nice outdoor lounge set on www.gardenfurniture.co.uk Everything looks nice and cozy. But only now I realized what is missing in my garden. It would be so nice to lie down on a couch outdoors and smoke a joint.
thanks huddson, this is my first real go at outdoors and I'm loving it so far, it's a bit tedious carrying the plants in and outdoors everyday, but it's allowed me to go through multiple strains flowered under good sunlight, now my growtent is just basically a dark chamber for them and I can grow out some Indica varieties under the 600watt hps during winter months in the tent. I too am very happy for the legal change here, otherwise my better half would never allow this madness!! :D I'm going to have way more than I need but I need to find the effects I'm looking for and so far I have not been lucky... :petting:

Red October

Cape Town has so much to offer when the weather is good, this section of beach has become a solid favorite cause the views and there's loads of rock pools for my kid to play in.

Attachments

• IMG_20210220_154923.jpg
    IMG_20210220_154923.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_20210220_155736.jpg
    IMG_20210220_155736.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 19

MallardDuck

I loved Cape Town, I stayed in the Malay quarter when I was there... so colourful. The general quality of food was some of the best as well. Probably the best seafood meal of my life was at a restaurant on the beach near Cape Town called Die Strandloper. It was about a 10 course meal cooked on open fires on the beach. So many different fish, and seafood it made my head spin. You had to pace yourself because every dish was so good you just wanted to keep eating. I would wander off between courses to sit on the beach and smoke joints and watch the waves roll in. It was magical. I hope it is still open.

Red October

looking good will be good to see them in full bloom
protected by GUARD CAT lol
lol he has taken to sleeping in the dapple light under the plants during the day too!! the bloom is about to start and the plants seem to be doing their power up stretches.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
started the first round of seeds that looked the most promising, I hope they are nice and nld from the start.

high hopes here too. that would be some nice score! if they are nld. definitively more interesting than jack47 or buddha haze LOL

Red October

high hopes here too. that would be some nice score! if they are nld. definitively more interesting than jack47 or buddha haze LOL

Man I pretty much done with trying out these "sativa" dominant varieties, at best there is 30-40% sativa in them and their effects are so similar, I did the same thing over a decade ago thinking I'll find something worthwhile in these types of lines and I've always been disappointed, will be focusing more on the direction of what I need. Picked up a pack of scavenger's daughter and I'm pretty excited to see if there's something good in there, grow logs are non existent