What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Buds won't cure correctly. what to do now.

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
After the harvest the dried flowers went into jars but the buds are still way to dry. they have been in the jars for almost 2 weeks now. Been (burping/opening the jars once a day) like I read about years ago. what can i put in the jars to make the buds cure properly? my parents told me that back in the 70s they would put an orange or lemon peal in the jars long enough to moisten the buds up again so as to not get moldy buds.

So what would you do at this point?

thanks ICMAG.

Junk

After the harvest the dried flowers went into jars but the buds are still way to dry. they have been in the jars for almost 2 weeks now. Been (burping/opening the jars once a day) like I read about years ago. what can i put in the jars to make the buds cure properly? my parents told me that back in the 70s they would put an orange or lemon peal in the jars long enough to moisten the buds up again so as to not get moldy buds.

So what would you do at this point?

thanks ICMAG.

I'm not sure if you are looking for a free solution, but I have used these before and they work for your situation. You just have to make sure the jar is packed pretty loose and it will soften them up quickly.

https://www.amazon.com/Boveda-62-Percent-2-Way-Humidity-Control/dp/B00JV27MF4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1500654775&sr=8-1&keywords=b%2B62&th=1

Easy7

Veteran
How do you have 6k posts and not know this. Orange or lemon peels could cause mold. I prefer dense flowers very dry but not to turn to dust. Open flowers I like a bit more moist to burn a tad slower.

Try some citrus peels and don't go wild. Let the jars breath a period of time daily. Don't get too moist. After an over dry, some oils have evaporated and will not return. It's more of s rate of burn and not all turn to dust at this point.

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Throw a few fresh fan leaves in the jar instead of orange peels. Watch for mold. :tiphat:

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
if the terps are gone ,,they aint coming back,,,
i learned that the hard way,,,,,
sorry but i think you might me up against it,,
best of luck,,,s2

It takes moisture and oxygen for a plant to curries a jar. Too much moisture results in mildew, and if that ever happens DO NOT THROW IT AWAY! You can freeze it and make hash, look up on this thread about how to make the apparatus for using screens, ice, and the frozen buds. The mildew is removed when the bud changes form.

Why do you think the buds are too dry? I placed a commercial dehumidifier from EBAC under my plants and they sucked up gallons of water from the area (yes, some of this is from the regal atmosphere in the room). My point is I dint think you have them over dry, maybe just scared you messed up. You did good by burping the jars often. Can you supply some pictures for me to see, or explain in more detail what you are doing.

By the way, you don't get high from the trichosomes, I had a whole bag of them one time and threw them away. They are just indicators of what stage the plant devilment is, cloudy, amber, and clear all are different highs.

HqFarms

Don't jar flowers until the flower is dry but the stem is still wet and green. If the stem snaps/ breaks before you jar them, it's already too late.

Junk

Cool

Cool

After an over dry, some oils have evaporated and will not return. It's more of s rate of burn and not all turn to dust at this point.

So u r drying for the best smoke-ability for a specific strains flowers?

I gotta get my cure game on....

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
It takes moisture and oxygen for a plant to curries a jar. Too much moisture results in mildew, and if that ever happens DO NOT THROW IT AWAY! You can freeze it and make hash, look up on this thread about how to make the apparatus for using screens, ice, and the frozen buds. The mildew is removed when the bud changes form.

Why do you think the buds are too dry? I placed a commercial dehumidifier from EBAC under my plants and they sucked up gallons of water from the area (yes, some of this is from the regal atmosphere in the room). My point is I dint think you have them over dry, maybe just scared you messed up. You did good by burping the jars often. Can you supply some pictures for me to see, or explain in more detail what you are doing.

By the way, you don't get high from the trichosomes, I had a whole bag of them one time and threw them away. They are just indicators of what stage the plant devilment is, cloudy, amber, and clear all are different highs.

What exactly do you think hash is? Look at 99% heads dry sift from SkunkmanSam, Bubbleman, D420K, Cuban Grower, etc.

packerfan79

Veteran

I gotta call bullshiton the trichomes not getting you high.

pumpkinpie eyes

Veteran
How do you have 6k posts and not know this. Orange or lemon peels could cause mold. I prefer dense flowers very dry but not to turn to dust. Open flowers I like a bit more moist to burn a tad slower.

Try some citrus peels and don't go wild. Let the jars breath a period of time daily. Don't get too moist. After an over dry, some oils have evaporated and will not return. It's more of s rate of burn and not all turn to dust at this point.

Orange or lemon peels could cause mold. Zactly. Let your jars breathe like he said.

HQFarms - First time I even been called a troll too! As far as the trichosomoes getting you high, I guess you never had these separated and tried smoking them by themselves; it does not work! That is two big down falls, you suck at growing, and you can't tell who on this forum is helpful. If you don't believe someone who has experienced both these things then look it up here on this forum. Troll

ReikoX - hey what's going on? Hey man I been up like for the past two days and missed that, I did not mean to say trichs, I had a bag of hairs and smoked them there was no effect so I threw them away. The other guy calling either of us a troll does not make any sense at all. Read my smoke report I posted today, it says it all. Often people pic the very topic that they are doing so I guess he was thinking ? troll

I never thought about hash with all it's moisture as being pure mildew. I just did not want to loose all that smoke so I froze it and thought I would give it a try making those bubble buckets. I was pleased to scythe least and never made that same mistake again with not paying attention to my cure while in those jars.

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
First off this is the first time I experienced dryer buds so that's why I asked bout it.

So I ended up using the orange peel idea. just put one little half inch pieces in each jar and in less than 24 hours moist buds again. :) I been checking on them daily for mold and so far no mold and they don't feel over moist either. will switch out the peels for fresh ones soon so they don't get moldy. knock on wood. the smell of the bud is getting better each day. :)

that's it for now. Thanks for the great info.

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
The advice on putting a couple fan leaves in the jar is the route I go.

Trichomes are what hash is. They definitely get you high.

I have seen Chilly Willy on other forums, he is not a troll.

Let's be cool and stop the name slinging and focus on the OP's problem.

Good vibes