What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Papua New Guinea

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
What did he say the herb was like? You can get great or just average plants from seeds from PNG, depending on the parents, both female and male. Grow them and see.....
If they are great and no male then transform the best female to male to pollinate all the females including the one transformed, keep all the females as clones until you decide which is best. I am not recommending that you make all female seeds, but you can save the best female, and save the PNG as pure PNG. And have more PNG seeds to find even better females with any luck.

-SamS

Azure

Update

Update

Took six clones from #3
picture.php

And here is #4
picture.php

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Azure, Much respect my friend. That PNG#3 is very symmetrical. The node separation distances are identical. All the leaf sets are so uniform in structure. What a beautiful plant. I'm keeping an eye on this one for sure. Thanks for the link. Peace

onavelzy

Veteran
Lots of red to purple in the younger leaves. They both look strong. Thanks for the update and the pics.

Azure

What did he say the herb was like? You can get great or just average plants from seeds from PNG, depending on the parents, both female and male. Grow them and see.....
If they are great and no male then transform the best female to male to pollinate all the females including the one transformed, keep all the females as clones until you decide which is best. I am not recommending that you make all female seeds, but you can save the best female, and save the PNG as pure PNG. And have more PNG seeds to find even better females with any luck.

-SamS

My Buddy said he got the PNG in the Goroka Highlands and that it had a really clear high. Everything is going well over here and in a few weeks we'll know what sexes we have.

Azure

The PNGs have been in flower cycle for a couple of weeks and still uncertain of sexes, but they are looking very healthy for sure.
I think #3 might be a male because it looks like male pollen sacs starting to form at the nodes but then they turn into regular leaf clusters. Time will tell.
Hopefully we get a mix of male and female PNGs.
I have some Ace Panama females that I can dust with if we get some PNG males

Here is PNG #3
picture.php

PNG #5
picture.php

gorilla ganja

Some great looking plants Azure. Love the structure of them.
I think you would be wise to dust the Panama that you have on hand.

Subbed for what looks to be a interesting grow.

Best of luck

Peace GG

Azure

What kind of flowering time are you anticipating?

Good question. If I had to guess the flowering time, I'd say a minimum of seventeen weeks since the flowering cycle started.

Will you be doing a open pollination or preservation pollination with this unique PNG Azure?

I have clones of both #3 and #5, so I'll open pollinate a few of the #3 females and have plenty of seeds.

onavelzy

Veteran

Wow, that changed quickly. It's great you got both sexes. Breeding, strain preservation, phenoype selection, all possible for you now. Looking great Azure. My current Malawi run is my first Sativa grow so I have next to no frame of reference. Looking at how quickly those leads have filled in, do you think they will go as long as 16-17 weeks?