What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

hush's 3x3 tent - 400w SCROG - Northern Skunk

jump /injack

Veteran
Northern Skunk is such a winner I started thinking how it would be with a touch of Haze in it so got Mr. Nice's NLxHaze/Skunk on auction. You ever try it.

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
No but I bet that is lovely! A little haze in the mix always improves things. I need to get more haze genetics, now that you mention it. I miss my SSH.

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Yeah I'll take a picture of one of the jars I still have. I do love this strain. The buds cure into a strong grapefruit smell, which is highly pleasant. :D

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
No, it's Northern Skunk. All of mine went purple. It's probably the cold night temps in the grow room.

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
I never weighed the manicured buds but there wasn't that much leaf, so I'd say it was at least 12 ounces. Yeah I forgot to post pictures, didn't I? Sorry about that. I've got one jar left, of the best buds, so I'll post a pic tomorrow. The quality is awesome, and they cured into a pungent grapefruit aroma. The smell doesn't translate to flavor, unfortunately. They taste kind of bland, actually. But it smells very nice, even while burning.

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
This is the best pic I could get with my crappy indoor lighting:

TsfzO90.jpg

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
Kickin an old thread to life here, but it's a good one. :) hush, did you top or FIM these at all or did you let them grow as a single column and manipulate them around the screen? What size rockwool cubes are those?

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Kickin an old thread to life here, but it's a good one. :) hush, did you top or FIM these at all or did you let them grow as a single column and manipulate them around the screen? What size rockwool cubes are those?

Not topped. Just a single column sent around the screen. And I used 4 inch cubes. Those are my standard. I rarely ever use different ones. Every once in a while I'll do a tightly packed 12/12 from seed and I'll use 3 inch cubes but that's rare. I find 4 inch cubes to be the perfect option for 99% of my grows.

Thanks for bumping this thread! It's sincerely one of my favorites, of all the grows I ever did. This was the most uniform screen canopy I've ever had. :cool:

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
Not topped. Just a single column sent around the screen. And I used 4 inch cubes. Those are my standard. I rarely ever use different ones. Every once in a while I'll do a tightly packed 12/12 from seed and I'll use 3 inch cubes but that's rare. I find 4 inch cubes to be the perfect option for 99% of my grows.

Thanks for bumping this thread! It's sincerely one of my favorites, of all the grows I ever did. This was the most uniform screen canopy I've ever had. :cool:
Thank you! This is my favorite thread of your's. I'm an outdoors dude cause it just never has seemed realistic to grow indoors for my own meds, while producing the quantity I needed in a small space hidden from the landlord and other people. This thread always was in the back of my mind cause it showed it was totally possible with a small plant count too.

I recently placed an order with Mike J for 3 packs of Northern skunk. Hopefully at the end of the year I will be in a bigger place and will start my first indoor. I will definitely be modeling it after this grow in a 3x3. Thanks for the inspiration!

A few questions on hydro, since I've never done it... What PPM and EC was your reservoir for both veg and flower? How often did you do resevoir changes? What was the timing cycle for the ebb and flow? Thanks for your time and help!

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
I never checked on EC during this phase of my gardening because I was still using the KISS method. Basically, just 1 teaspoon of Maxibloom per gallon of water, all the way through. I rarely ever bumped up feeding during flowering, so it would have been just that. I changed the res every week and a half to two weeks. By that time it generally needed to be filled up anyway, so that was my cue, moreso than being on a regular schedule. Water level is low? Than drain the res, fill it up again, and add new nutes.

I don't remember the exact timing on the irrigation cycles but I've never been too experimental there. 3 to 4 cycles a day, during lights-on only, from 7 to 15 minutes at a time. When longer duration cycles are used, then only 3 cycles a day. When 5 to 7 minute cycles are used, an extra cycle can be thrown in the mix. I never really overthought it. I think 3 cycles a day at 7 minutes per is an ideal target for most situations. First flood at lights on, second at 4 hours after that, third 4 hours after that. That's during 12/12. During 18/6 it's still the same number of floods, but spaced out a little more.

There were various genetics I came across over the years that wanted an extra flood cycle each day but what I detailed above worked 99% of the time.

Latest posts

Latest posts