What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

bleached buds

pong

so im doin vertical bogglegum and sour bubble with cooltubes and the plants are able to come very close to the plant.

the closest areas of certain bogglegum buds seem to be bleached of their color.
but growing EXPLOSIVELY!!

if i make the buds further away for the last parts of the grow will the bleaching go away?

does a bleached bud sell?

what should i call it ..... super white bubblegum?

lol

2nd harvest for me sorry if this is a newb Q.

PuReKnOwLeDgE

Licensed Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
No the bleaching will not go away. You need to get them farther from your light. Do bleached buds sell? I don't know, if your producing for potiential income why do you allow your product to become bleached and degraded by the light? I would call it unethical bleached herb, from a grower who was to lazy to move his plants. Sorry to be so tough but damn if your doing it for profit at least do it well.

pong

this is what i am asking, will the bleached parts return to green if i move them... or will the bleached parts remain white.

i see no detriment to these buds other than lack of green. glands look fine and the growth is explosive.

how the hell is it unethicall, and who are you to judge.

so will the plants get green again of will i waste effort in moving them.

jeeze, i am begining to think you didnt even know an answer to my question but just had to pass your judgement.

damn ICMAGgers are so into the smell of their own farts.

try to be helpful next time.

thanks.

Dr Dog

Sharks have a week dedicated to me
Veteran
got any pictures?

Well plants are green for a reason...photosynthesis. So these white areas, will not generate any food for the plant, so it really makes no sense to have those area facing light anymore

The bleaching will not go away, think if it as a burn, you would have the scars forever.

M

mexilandrace

won't recover, no one will buy the burnt parts, enjoy them yourself.

pong

sweet thanks for the update dudes.

the bleaching is isolated to the sides of very few buds, so its not even a loss, just was wondering if it would turn green again.

thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanks dudes!!!
thaaanks.jpg

outdoe

this is what i am asking, will the bleached parts return to green if i move them... or will the bleached parts remain white.

i see no detriment to these buds other than lack of green. glands look fine and the growth is explosive.

how the hell is it unethicall, and who are you to judge.

so will the plants get green again of will i waste effort in moving them.

jeeze, i am begining to think you didnt even know an answer to my question but just had to pass your judgement.

damn ICMAGgers are so into the smell of their own farts.

try to be helpful next time.

thanks.

roflmao

SOTF420

Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Bre
ICMag Donor
Veteran
the bleached out white part most likely has no glands on it, thus no thc..saw some led grown bud like this recently whole half of a cola was bright white no frost

They are cooked. No recovery. Take the loss and learn. Im just harvesting and most buds are fine. But a few got bleached on the tips. Heres a pic of one of the worst and a normal bud also. I havent trimmed the bud yet. Its not so bad once you trim out the dry stuff. This is a sativa and they are sensative to light/heat because of thier lack of pigment. Kinda like a red headed person. My plants got bigger than planned and even though i snapped the tops over they kept growing. Good thing is i got lots of buds. I wouldnt sell the burnt ones. Im unlike many people, i sell or give most of my best smoke and keep the smaller stuff.

Rodney

Bleached bud reminds me of vanilla chocolate for some reason. I cut out the parts that turned white and raised the lights no more albino rhino. Never looked at em under the scope to check the trichs. Wasn't a lot of product and can't remember if it was worth anything or what I even did with it. Can't imagine it having regular trichs.

mdk ktm

what do you mean by bleached? The bud in the picture is just burnt to shit. One of the plants i have now has bleaching, the top of the biggest bud is pure white hairs and a couple white leaves. Its under an aircooled 400w and it stays at 79 degrees less than 6 inches from the light. All the other leaves are green, well they were green, but shes getting flushed and about ready for the chop. I might have a picture of it... to compare yours to

um pic 1 is from a few weeks ago
picture 2 is a picture from this morning when i flushed her again the bud is on the lower right side
picture three is a close up of the bud the tip of the bigger part.
The leaves are yellow because it is getting really close to harvest the indicas are dried and in jars already :smokeit:

Attachments

• DSC00453.jpg
    DSC00453.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 23
  • DSC00577.jpg
    DSC00577.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 22
  • DSC00586.jpg
    DSC00586.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 25

Cockney wolf

Hi guys..I'm using a platinum p300 led in a 60x60x140 tent. The light is 12/14 inch above the tips but I keep getting all the leaves going yellow In the last 3 week of flowering (auto plants) buds look fine, no bleaching on them and plenty of frost...can't raised the light any higher..are my plants screwed or OK do you Think?

DJXX

Veteran
with my experience i upped the food about 25% cause the plants use the food more efficiently with the leds and they are just hungry...many people defoliate to get rid of those fans anyhow and feeding the buds is better than feeding the leaves..the plants have just leeched the nutrients out of the yellowed leaves looking for food i think..i upped the food and added a lil more calmag and my yellowing pretty much stopped...until flush and you want the colors faded than..your light looks like a Lush Lighting LED...made in Hawaii too...yours has 3 watt high intensity LEDs just like Lush but a lil bit cheaper.....DJXX

aquavitae

posting my pic does not work :( my experience with flowers bleached by light: resin still present, smokes the same. could be different in other cases maybe dunno, but in our case no difference apart from the colour.

AV