What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Do You Get CHS Symptoms from Neem/Aza? Which do you get, Diarreah or Constipation??

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
One of the symptoms listed for Cannabinoid Hyperemesis Syndrome is diarrhea. My CHS "symptoms" are entirely from neem/azadirachtin contamination. I have experienced no diarrhea with aza poisoning, only a slowing of digestion and constipation. My digestive system literally slows to a crawl and ends up with burps which smell like farts. Yeah, really pleasant when your digestive system backs up.

Do CHS sufferers only have diarrhea and not constipation? Is it possible to determine whether you have CHS or AZA issues from this alone? It's rather difficult for many people to locate cannabis they 'know' is clean from aza.

Cvh

Supermod
:lurk:
Interesting thread D.C. I hope there will atleast be some responses from CHS sufferers.

Cheers.

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
I thought I had neem symptoms. I was hot and sweaty, and so sticky my arms and legs were stuck to me, and I was struggling to breathe. I had rolled over in my sheets and mummified myself.

Sunshineinabag

I can think of about five to ten diff things I'm exposed to on a weekly basis I'd attribute any symptoms to other than need oil brah......but I'm a Fucken whackado

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
:lurk:
Interesting thread D.C. I hope there will atleast be some responses from CHS sufferers.

Cheers.
Definitely be helpful. There's still so much ignorance, angst and hatred surrounding the subject. After all these years it's still a treat to hear from those with actual experience. I'm STILL running in to people monthly who've had it for years and not known the cause.

When the aza contamination is very light, it can take a few days for the digestive grumbling to begin. The first sign in these instances is a slowdown in digestion. My diet is very regular and I'm very educated on how I'm affected by it, so I easily notice changes others would not.

Note: I'm not talking about the death smelling squirts you get after being backed up for a week. Enemas are a life-support system in those situations. I'm talking about going from normal bms directly to diarrhea.

The effect on your life is extremely dramatic, so I'd like to spare as many from the experience as possible.

Who's a confirmed CHS sufferer from THC only? Do you get diarrhea every time?

Gry

As one who deals with nausea on a regular basis, I wish him the very best.

He is compassionate in his efforts to help others who deal with difficult issues.

Lyfespan

as i stated in the instagram post by alice moon about this crap, these people all suffer from something else, and until a comprehensive study with more than 2000 people, this is all just thoughts, there isnt even any theories about CHS. theres lots of speculation and nothing more than lazy accusations

Lyfespan

there's and underlying factor in all these people saying they have CHS and till the variables are explored this will be nothing more than drama. the funny lil studies done are nothing more than anecdotal so far, even what doctors are telling people is wrong. NO EMPIRICAL DATA

Cvh

Supermod
I'm interested what comes out of D.C. his research.

Cannabis is been used for thousands of years with no recorded CHS symptoms in history.

If you would ask an Indian Sadhu or a Jamaican Rastafari if he recognize this illness or heard about it in his old Cannabis culture then he would not even know what you are talking about.

CHS is a modern day Western illness.

CHS was first noted and documented by the medical world only a short while after Neem (Aza type) products were started beign used by Cannabis growers in the USA.

I'm from Europe and I'm close to the Dutch Scene. Here in my Cannabis scene I think we have not even one single (beside the rare few ones maybe) documented CHS diagnosis nor do I recognise this illness around me.

Fact is Neem isn't a popular amendment here in the scene in my part of the world.
Only some growers use this product here because they read online that this is a product used by the great Cannabis growers in the American Emerald Triangle.
It's even quite difficult for me to get it here in my part in the EU. There aren't even many suppliers here in Europe.

@D.C, I forgot...,but what was the precise year when CHS was first documented in the USA? Was it around 2004?
And when was the year Neem/Aza was started beign used by Cannabis growers in the USA? (Also my apologies if my post is offtopic).

ozzieAI

Veteran
the first case of CHS was 2004 in South Australia (just so happened I grew up there)

using the Australian Public Chemical Registration Information System Search
https://portal.apvma.gov.au/pubcris...AR_pubcrisportlet_javax.portlet.action=search

the earliest record of neem/aza approval was also 2004

So riddle me this how does a product that only got approved for use in 2004 cause the first known cases of CHS in 2004????

FYI
In the US going by the EPA website: https://www.epa.gov/ingredients-used-pesticide-products/biopesticide-active-ingredients

Azadirachtin was approved in 1989
Clarified hydrophobic extract of neem oil in 1996
Neem Oil in 2006

Cvh

Supermod
^ So in 2004 in Australia the first CHS case was documented and in that exact same year the Australian government had given also approval for safe agriculture use of Neem/Aza.

Keep also in mind that it's possible that (non-licensed/illegal) Cannabis growers in Australia were maybe already using Neem/Aza a short time before there was approval given by the Australian government.

ozzieAI, do you happen to know any other things that changed around the year 2004 in the Australian Cannabis community? Ie. certain chemicals or other poisons beign used for growing or new (chemical) Cannabis extraction techniques started beign used?

ozzieAI

Veteran
^ So in 2004 the first CHS case was documented and in the same year the Australian government had given also approval for Neem/Aza for safe use in agriculture.
Keep also in mind that it's possible that (non-licensed/illegal) Cannabis growers in Australia were maybe already using Neem/Aza a short time before there was approval given by the Australian government.

other than a few commercial licenses, all growers in Aust are non-licensed/illegal...

i started using neem in 2008 or so and it was very hard to find then, there was only one supplier at the time i could find...now there are many....

Cvh

Supermod
^Any idea if there is something else that changed around 2004 in Australia?
Ie. certain chemicals or other poisons beign used for growing or new (chemical) Cannabis extraction techniques started beign used?

ozzieAI

Veteran
^Any idea if there is something else that changed around 2004 in Australia?
Ie. certain chemicals or other poisons beign used for growing or new (chemical) Cannabis extraction techniques started beign used?

i have been growing since the mid 1980's, i was the first person i know to start using neem and even now most growers i know don't use it. nothing comes to mind other than people getting into indoor/hydro growing rather than outdoor soil grown crops...