What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Medicinal Effects of Strains

Dankz

Holly molly you updated a thread was a year ago, Actually 3 months afterwards but yeah Insomia? hmm I would have to say KUSH baby lol. Kush is a heavy indica and helps many people in California not just the kids (that brag like its the best in the world ) But it certainly does help the older patients for a Night time smoke. I read your posts about getting medical marijunna? Didnt know it was for insomia let me re-check but really dude Going to a club your going to probley try 100 strains within a month, When you see 19 strains your not just going to get that 1 kush, Your going for the banna, the strawberry cough, Orange Crush, Trainwreck, G13 , Asortments, Sometime club's carry local breeder strains.

XxJ03YxX

lol well I figured it was the best place to post :) But yea very true. The thing is, if I don't get in the club, I wanna no what kind of strain I should ask my guys for. But yea, I no if I get in, im gonna be buying al ot of different strains. Probably a shitload of grams that are different strains. But thanks Dankz. I appreciate the help. Ill keep my eye out for some kush.

Look for pure indicas or crosses that are mostly indica. Grand Daddy Purple, Purple Urkle, gods gift, and ak-47 are my favorite night time meds. And they all taste and smell excellent. Most sativas arn't so great for sleeping, just to let you know.

Dankz

AK-47 is a mix of Sativa/Indica. But yeah Joy a little advise, I dont think your regual doctor would be down for mmj(Most arent). Go to Medicann or Norml.com they'll definatley help you.

XxJ03YxX

Ok, yea ill probably be going to Medicann, I have one near me. I just bought a 1/4 of some Super Silver Haze, its sativa. Which wasn't what I wanted, but o well, gotta get what you can get when your not in a MMJ club...

markscastle

Hey XxJO3YxX thoughs ssh look like the green pheno of Haze Bros. I sent off some of there old school beans to see if some of the experts in Spain could get em to grow being as old as that. I hope to get some of the purple pheno to come out in them cause I just like the colour better,but I`ll be astatic with anything that grows after 37 years in storage.I`ll have to post a med report here for them as CW is been down and out.Peace

XxJ03YxX

Yea good luck. The ssh (super silver haze) is a nice strain. It gives a great body high, and a pretty decent head high. Definitly a pain relieving strain. OR so I have noticed. Not the GREATEST sleeping strain, but it helps some. Not a bad batch of bud if I do say so myself..

Baba Kush

i agree with the afgoo recommendation for a more sedative, evening smoke... my favorite nighttime smokes lately have been lavender, ogkush (of course), blue dream & the all-star organic romulan cross that came from the BPG last week.

A few nights ago I had a few tokes of some recently aquired and very potent Juicy Fruit. I have IBS which is fairly under control now with eating properly and exercising. I wanted to use cannabis to keep a low stress level and just relax at night. Using Juicy Fruit was to say the least not a very pleasant experience. Maybe it was something I had eaten prior to taking it but about an hour to having smoked it I had stomach cramps. I thought the stomach cramps even if they were from the food would be subsided by the cannabis but I totally felt them full on and to make things worse I was feeling a little out of it i.e a bit nauseated with very slow reaction time. It was anything but relaxing. Im wondering could this be the strain or does cannabis interaction with some individuals bodies just not agree?

Stargazer

Meditating,
I hear what you're saying regarding juicy fruit. I recently grew a batch of juicy fruit, organically, flushed them for the last two weeks or so. Out of 11 females, not one had a pleasing effect. Made me feel how you described. I was sorely disappointed with the end result.
However, on a more positive note, I can definitely recommend citral from nirvana. I think it fits the bill with regards to a tasty relaxing evening smoke.

SG.

frame

any one here about marijuana preventing alzhimers and is it realy true caus my brother in laws dad has just got it and hes in a bit of a bad way

SCF

Bong Smoking News Hound
Veteran
Grand daddy purple- I got this from a club in Bakersfield called Natural Remedies. It taste very similar to purple kush. But not as potent. Very flavorful and aromatic. Great for little munchies and good sleep. not good for migraines, or bad headaches. Maybe in some headache cases, but i doubt it. 9/10 taste, smell, bud structure and high. unless you had a migraine lol.

Banana - New strain i found. I think I'm in love with it. i get BAD migraines. my head pounds. and this stuff seems to help it. amazing enough. i think its a indica dominate hybrid. Smells like bananas. Crazy... crystals and fox tails to show maturity was perfect. 9/10 for the herb all the way around.

przcvctm

SCF- Magus' Warlock I think, is supposed to have a pheno that smells like bananas. I wonder if that's the strain that works so well for you. Thanks for the info. you provide.