What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Chanting Growers Group (2013-∞)

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nam myoho renge kyo

Happy Birthday to our brother "T"

Hope you and the family are all doing great!!
Happy Holidays to you all and love from

The Babba's

Nam myoho renge kyo

Like the Roar of the Lion !!!

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
Though the teaching I am now propagating seems limited, it is extremely profound. That is because it goes deeper than the teaching expounded by T’ien-t’ai, Dengyō, and others. It is the three important matters1 in the “Life Span” chapter of the essential teaching. Practicing only the seven characters of Nam-myoho-renge-kyo seems limited, but since they are the master of all the Buddhas of the three existences, the teacher of all the bodhisattvas in the ten directions, and the guide that enables all living beings to attain the Buddha way, it is profound.
The sutra states, “The wisdom of the Buddhas is infinitely profound and immeasurable.”2 It refers to “the Buddhas” here in the sense of all Buddhas throughout the ten directions in the three existences, from the Thus Come One Mahāvairochana of the True Word school and Amida of the Pure Land school to the Buddhas and bodhisattvas of all schools and all sutras, all Buddhas of the past, future, and present, and the present Thus Come One Shakyamuni. And the sutra speaks of the wisdom of all those Buddhas.
What is meant by this “wisdom”? It is the entity of the true aspect of p.318all phenomena, and of the ten factors of life that lead all beings to Buddhahood. What then is that entity? It is Nam-myoho-renge-kyo. A commentary states that the profound principle of the true aspect is the originally inherent Myoho-renge-kyo.3 We learn that that true aspect of all phenomena is also the two Buddhas Shakyamuni and Many Treasures [seated together in the treasure tower]. “All phenomena” corresponds to Many Treasures, and “the true aspect” corresponds to Shakyamuni. These are also the two elements of reality and wisdom. Many Treasures is reality; Shakyamuni is wisdom. It is the enlightenment that reality and wisdom are two, and yet they are not two.
These are teachings of prime importance. These are also what is called “earthly desires are enlightenment,” and “the sufferings of birth and death are nirvana.” Chanting Nam-myoho-renge-kyo during the physical union of man and woman is indeed what is called “earthly desires are enlightenment,” and “the sufferings of birth and death are nirvana.” “The sufferings of birth and death are nirvana” exists only in realizing that the entity of life throughout its cycle of birth and death is neither born nor destroyed. The Universal Worthy Sutra states, “Without either cutting off earthly desires or separating themselves from the five desires, they can purify all their senses and wipe away all their offenses.” Great Concentration and Insight says, “The ignorance and dust of desires are enlightenment, and the sufferings of birth and death are nirvana.” The “Life Span” chapter of the Lotus Sutra says, “At all times I think to myself: How can I cause living beings to gain entry into the unsurpassed way and quickly acquire the body of a Buddha?” The “Expedient Means” chapter says, “The characteristics of the world are constantly abiding.” Surely such statements refer to these principles. Thus what is called the entity is none other than Nam-myoho-renge-kyo.

-----> https://www.nichirenlibrary.org/en/wnd-1/Content/35

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi Everyone! Happy New Year and thanks for the birthday wishes Bud! Weird, you are a Brother From Another Mother and you continue to amaze me! Never give up and never give in! We are all shining Buddha's!

Thanks for hoping for me to drop in. Gohonzon (my mind while chanting Daimoku to the Object of Devotion) told me to check in and reconnect. You guys know what I have been doing each week for these years I have been gone. That activity to spread the Law is also now reaching people around the globe.

It is so unbelievable! THE REWARDS IN MY LIFE ARE BEYOND MY COMPREHENSION! TRULY THIS GREAT CLUSTER OF BLESSINGS HAS COME TO ME UNSOUGHT! And everyone here are in large part, "responsible/cannot be separated from/caused me to become". whom it is that is living in my body and living the wonderful life that has already been bestowed upon me.

I can never repay my debt of gratitude to you all and I bow in deepest and most sincere obeisance! The wife says "hi!" and the six kids are gorgeous and good humans. My mom passed away this past August with all of us around her bed-side. We will Vacation in Northern Ca. next year and we should all plan on getting together for a reunion!

Thomas

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thank you G-Man! I am so glad everyone seems to be well! We will be back in London again this year as well. Both of us can't wait to see you! How are your kids? So glad you have been safe for a long time now and you should please know that we think of you and speak of you more then you know. Expect a call soon to see how things are. ALL OUR BEST TO ALL OF YOU!

T

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Weird, I bow in humble obeisance to your correct expression of faith! I was checking out these last ten pages and saw your compassionate exchange and I was honored to see how much you clearly and correctly understand. You are a wonderful teacher and everyone here is so lucky to have you share and share and share. I know your efforts do not go unnoticed by the Universe. Nam-myoho-renge-kyo to you Buddha Brother!

Thomas

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
And Chris and Easy, and SoCal, and Tricky Tricky and Forrest and BOG. I do chant for all of you with a deep desire for your protection and prosperity. Stay safe and stay well. Forrest, challenge the Gohonzon in your life to emerge and show the actual proof of the improvement of your condition. You can do it. You can make it better. Like Easy and all of us Brothers and Sisters we all pray for you health to improve. Let's just continue to strive to show actual proof.

T

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
January 1st-6th, 2019
-- Words of the Week --
Each and every one of us
is a Boddhisattva of the Earth.
We are the wise who demonstrate
the Buddhist principle
“faith equals daily life.”
We are the heroes who prove
“Buddhism manifests itself in society.”
We are the sun dedicating ourselves to
“kosen-rufu promoting peace.”
Let’s boldly play out
dramas of victory with these
inseparable realities!

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
“Now when Nichiren chants Nam-myoho-renge-kyo, he is enabling all living beings to attain Buddhahood in the ten thousand years of the Latter Day of the Law.” (OTT page 41)

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
“Nichiren Daishonin, the Buddha of the Latter Day of the Law, states: ‘The wonderful means of truly putting an end to the physical and spiritual obstacles of all living beings is none other than Nam-myoho-renge-kyo’ (WND-1, 842). When we align our lives with the Mystic Law, there is absolutely no difficulty or obstacles that we cannot overcome. With this great conviction, let’s continue to chant, challenge ourselves and press forwards victoriously.”

SGI President Ikeda’s New Year’s Message for 2019, released Jan. 1st, 2019

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
All of my kids look to be well - although I am still unable to be with them - but that could all change over the next few days, when we will get the good, or indeed bad news concerning the wifes settlement visa application result - so on tenterhooks and probably need to chant or pray -

<bangs a gong while trying to dance like a Sioux indian>

*look me up - if you are in town

Thank you G-Man! I am so glad everyone seems to be well! We will be back in London again this year as well. Both of us can't wait to see you! How are your kids? So glad you have been safe for a long time now and you should please know that we think of you and speak of you more then you know. Expect a call soon to see how things are. ALL OUR BEST TO ALL OF YOU!

T

Latest posts

Latest posts