What's new

Anyone here grow their own cucumbers for pickling?

xtsho

I grow cucumbers and can pickles every summer. I also can green beans, tomato sauce, strawberry, and blueberry jam. Sometimes beets both pickled and not if they don't all get eaten right away.

I'm not on a large scale like some of these farmers but I grow enough for my lady and I. I am short on available room to grow so I grow cucumbers vertically.

720cucumber2.jpg

cucumber92.jpg

cucumbersaa.jpg

canning2b.jpg

Im'One

I plant the marketmore plants, or just a pickling variety. Absolutely not the straight eights.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
I grow cucumbers and can pickles every summer. I also can green beans, tomato sauce, strawberry, and blueberry jam. Sometimes beets both pickled and not if they don't all get eaten right away.

I'm not on a large scale like some of these farmers but I grow enough for my lady and I. I am short on available room to grow so I grow cucumbers vertically.

View Image
View Image
View Image
View Image
Awesome garden dude!

I use the Chicago and Boston varieties and grow them vertically on 16 foot long by 4 foot tall hog panels. Here is the pickle recipe the misses and I make for family and friends:

https://traditionalcookingschool.co...hioned-crunchy-fermented-garlic-dill-pickles/

How you're in shit for giving us the recipe. lol

Latest posts

Latest posts