What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Anyone here grow their own cucumbers for pickling?

xtsho

I grow cucumbers and can pickles every summer. I also can green beans, tomato sauce, strawberry, and blueberry jam. Sometimes beets both pickled and not if they don't all get eaten right away.

I'm not on a large scale like some of these farmers but I grow enough for my lady and I. I am short on available room to grow so I grow cucumbers vertically.

720cucumber2.jpg

cucumber92.jpg

cucumbersaa.jpg

canning2b.jpg

Im'One

I plant the marketmore plants, or just a pickling variety. Absolutely not the straight eights.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
I grow cucumbers and can pickles every summer. I also can green beans, tomato sauce, strawberry, and blueberry jam. Sometimes beets both pickled and not if they don't all get eaten right away.

I'm not on a large scale like some of these farmers but I grow enough for my lady and I. I am short on available room to grow so I grow cucumbers vertically.

View Image
View Image
View Image
View Image
Awesome garden dude!

I use the Chicago and Boston varieties and grow them vertically on 16 foot long by 4 foot tall hog panels. Here is the pickle recipe the misses and I make for family and friends:

https://traditionalcookingschool.co...hioned-crunchy-fermented-garlic-dill-pickles/

How you're in shit for giving us the recipe. lol