What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Best time to foliar

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
When I looked into that, I found what my plants drank in an hour with the lights on, lasted about 2.5 hours at night

Your a thinking man. I will let you think :)

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
There is about half a gram of nutrient salt in a liter of ec0.7 spray. A couple of grams of gloopy wetting agent, and usually some amount of seaweed stodge when I spray.

When that drys off, it leaves marks. I'm not sure why you havn't seen this. If you run tap water over a clean glass and allow it to dry it leaves spots. With nothing added at all.

Its the leftoves that couldnt penetrate the leaf, This should help explain (from the pdf I linked a few posts back):

picture.php

So plants DO NOT transpire at night? Or just transpire less at night?

I edited my previous post for clarity, f-e got it my bad :joint: haha.
This is a discussion on this subject from a recent thread about sealed rooms that came up right before this thread:

2/26 at 5:09pm
After lights off plants continue transpiring, even when not running co2. Its good to have an exhaust fan/dehumidifier to mitigate the issue. Stomata are mostly closed at night so co2 isnt really needed in abundance.

2-27 6:47pm
CO2 is indeed functionless at lights out, but I think the drop in temperature of lights off is what generally causes RH to spike, rather than the plants spitting it out.

https://www.lenntech.com/calculators/humidity/relative-humidity.htm

28*C at 50% RH is 12.04g of water / kg of air.
lights go out, and temp drops to 20.
20*C at 82% RH is 11.99g of water/kg of air.

2-27 7:42
Makes sense, it was something DunHav`nFun said that stuck with me over the years. Could be a combination of both since indoors plants are at their max rate of transpiration when the lights turn off abruptly.

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
I know my usual food is fully chelated, but I'm not sure how. I better stick with formulex. I usually do, but if I run out I don't think twice about using my usual food. Formulex just does everything. Though a full grow on it indoor, limits yield compared to a proper regime. It's a bit more veggie.. but I use a systemic fungicide that decays into P-K anyway. Plus it's in a field.. it's just for fun. I will get the Formulex back in :) Nice one.

I don't foliar indoors. Just in the field. Where a few liters goes a long way.

I think my main food is chelated with a metal. Slapped wrist for me.

I keep having a random thought I'm pushing away. polysorbate. Or tween80 as it's called under my sink. Used in the production of (here comes a spelling mistake) silverthiosulfate

Walk away lol

Latest posts

Latest posts