What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Myco/Mychorrhizae Products: What Do YOU Swear By And Why?

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
This stuff I've been using called Mikrobs has been keeping my plants good and green. You just mix in water every 7-10 days. I'm in the process of flowering out some plants and getting a little more info on how it helps flowering and overall growth. I feel its worth a try, especially since my veg stuff is nice and green. The clones have loved it once I gave them a light dose there growing great!!!!

I'm in the USA, I'm not sure I guess Amazon would ship to UK?? I'm not sure on that, Mikrobs is worth trying, I'm doing more testing with it and will have flowering info. They recommended 4-6 weeks adding Mikrobs in flowering depending on strain. So I'm trying it, and love the Veg stage, but I'm getting ready to flower a bunch I've gave Mikrobs

Grapefruitroop

I feel like the most important thing is the expiration date and the way the product has been handled during transport and storage...
Failure in the last one (veeeeery common) makes completely meaningless any statement on the back of the product as far as number of propagules...

The dep of agriculture in Oregon busted many myco e bacteria incoulums claiming much more numbers and strains than what really were in em...Orca was one of those

Since i realized that if i cant do companion planting ill get the most fresh and local possible brand with a nice date of production....
OR...

Bad asss link right there!!!:peacock:
Lost somewhere i had a recipe that tells to plant in the same soil pot any legumes with any cereals and....booom....one they sprout and they grow for few weeks, the soil is full of healthy propagules of AM...
Eradicate the plants, shake the soil and thats it.
That seems the best way to get around the marketing problems:tiphat:

Last edited:

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"Makes my plants greener"

Amazing I see nitrogen on the ingredient list right below dead microbes and filler material.

Nearly every inocculant product has it.

chilliwilli

Waterboy
420giveaway
Use this for several years and like it. The girls need significant less water. When using it in early veg i noticed less root mass visible but when u think about it the plant only grows whats needed.
On a fresh clone a pinch is enough, when use before switch to bloom i give a tablespoon on 7-10 liter.

picture.php

Thats the mix. More than u need for ganja but i grow a lot of companion and mulch plants and hope some mycos are good for them.

picture.php

Wouldn't a product like the mentioned in the last post "Mykorrhiza soluble" make compost teas superfluous? As far as I understood, with the compost teas its all about the microorganisme. In such a product you have exactly the ones that are interesting for you...

Am I wrong?

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
As far as I'm aware, mychorrizae are the fungi which provide the networks for bringing in needed water and elements. Compost teas add needed elements and a great many other things to the soil. Most are transported through the mycelial networks. :)

chilliwilli

Waterboy
420giveaway
U are right. Think its ~2/3 spores and the rest is humic acids and seaweed extract. Makes a real black solution with a lot of find dust on the bottom of bucket without stirring.
But one time is enough imo and u can stretch one pack quite long when u use just a pinch on clones.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran

Amazing I see nitrogen on the ingredient list right below dead microbes and filler material.

Yes they'll green up and stay healthy looking. I've used several different products over the years. Like I said I'm using Mikrobs at the time. There very good at what they do. About once every 7-10 days and you'll notice results within a watering or 2!!!!

You and I, we have opposite styles, I'm gonna try this mycorrhizae out for myself at some point, all these people say it helps with rapid root development, they have noticeable differences, many people have said that not just one, by you saying its ineffective because you haven't seen any scientific research you're pretty much calling most of the people on this thread a fool.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
I've been using Wallace Organic Wonder and it's very good. A simple clay litter base (small particles) and nothing but rizophagus intraradices. Wonderfully economical as well. ;)