What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

C.L.S. Mistakes, Failures and Malfunctions...

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
CLS systems require a bit of knowledge, experience and balls. With the pressures, material and solvents we use many things CAN and DO go wrong. We are constantly upgrading and learning new techniques....

This thread is to show, document and learn from. NOT to argue, talk shit or anything like that nature. One system is not better then another, and would appreciate the respect...

And now...

krunchbubble

Veteran
See this? Can you tell what happened here? See the copper threads in the threads of the bolt? Thats what left of a nut that sheared completely off the bolt!

Sounded like a gun shot, and lucky didnt hit any part of my body. Nut hit a wall and shot 12 ft behind me...

vostok

Veteran
Dear krunchbubble, at 70000 plus posts, you know you are on a cannabis forum,
...so how does this fit in ..?
....LOL

krunchbubble

Veteran
Dear krunchbubble, at 70000 plus posts, you know you are on a cannabis forum,
...so how does this fit in ..?
....LOL

DEAR VOSTOK. THIS DEALS WITH LOW LEVEL MOLECULAR HYDROCARBON RECOVERY FOR A CLOSED LOOP SYSTEM. I MAKE HASH OIL, THATS WHY ITS ON THIS FORUM

furrywall11

I wasn't there when it happened but I walked in and my buddies face was ashen, the wall was covered with green sludge and, there was a 3 foot wide hole in the ceiling. The grooves in the bolt had worn down from repeated use and the top of the column exploded off. Never again...There's a simple fix:

Do use these: http://www.glaciertanks.com/TriClamp_Product_304_316-High_Pressure_Clamps_TC.html

Don't use these anywhere: http://www.glaciertanks.com/TriClamp_Product_304_316-TriClamp_Clamps_SS.html

Last edited:

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
Damn. How long until CLS accidents become the norm?

Accidents, malfunctions, and operator error is the norm with a lot of human endeavors.

CLS is way safer than open blasting, but nothing is 100% perfect. Even so, CLS problems don't lead to explosions.

:joint:

pusbag

minor mistakes

minor mistakes

Wow clamp failure would not have guessed but does make sense wow ! Mine have luckily been all minor like a pump failure, or forgetting to close main valve & flood collection chamber for 30 seconds costs you 45 minutes or so, maybe hooking up a hose to the wrong spot etc.

Permacultuure

Veteran
I still dont understand how that nut went flying? We use sockets when tightening the nuts, so the nut wouldnt be flying anywhere. What tool were you using?