What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

1200w sgs auto S.o.g grow

Sandnut

Update

Update

Day 34

Looking good, the only concern would be that the canopy isnt as even as i would like, some phenos are really HUGE, around 90-110, the tallest one is 125cm tall lol

i cut the rhizo at this stage, reduced vega to 3ml, upped to 12ml flores per 10L at 6.0 ph ~ depending on how fast they develop bud i'll feed them pk1314 but atm it looks like in 1.5 week

CLOSE UP
picture.php

LEFT
picture.php

RIGHT
picture.php

the 125;er
picture.php

mitch_connor

large member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
picture of health man!

White citrus, pink citrus and pink ogre can get large given ideal conditions.

Our last run, the average height was 90cm across those strains, and that was with a pot up at sex, and not a completely smooth run..

Perhaps next time, a mono crop would help with the canopy, although you will always have some variation from seed.
Either way, good work, lets hope they pile on the weight for you.

Cheers, mitch

Sandnut

Very nice setup Sandnut!! I've yet to dabble with autos but I could dig a sog like yours!! Keep it up!!

Thanks man! try them, you will be amazed.

picture of health man!

White citrus, pink citrus and pink ogre can get large given ideal conditions.

Our last run, the average height was 90cm across those strains, and that was with a pot up at sex, and not a completely smooth run..

Perhaps next time, a mono crop would help with the canopy, although you will always have some variation from seed.
Either way, good work, lets hope they pile on the weight for you.

Cheers, mitch

Thanks bro! Yeah i can definitely see that happening, i would like to see these grown out with sufficient space to truly bush out and pack weight . yes yes yes, talking about yield, i have a really good feeling about this run and its going so smooth, how much do you think is realistic to achieve per plant in this setup, 15, 20g ?

mitch_connor

large member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I would say more than that my friend, but best to not count your chickens before they hatch :)

We grew 25 pink ogre in 12 litre pots in a 4x4 under a 600w, it was all seeded, but had it been for yield, I think it would have averaged an oz per plant

Sandnut

no ofcourse not, but my goal is 600g total so i did some math so check the numbers, thats an avg of 18,7g, hope i reach that but we will see soon! :)

Sandnut

Right about time!!! oufff....... i was gone for 4 days and one of the ducts pulling the air from the cooltubes had fell off so the temps were high as fuck!! I have no idea for how long they had to be in the heat but luckely i got there in time to sort it out!!3 or 4 of them in particular were really showing signs of water deprivation or w/e you call it, I hope they will bounce back up again, I will update later tonight so you guys can see. PEACE!!

Sandnut

Update

Update

Day 38

^^ as i said earlier the plants were in really bad shape when i got back but they are now back on track already a couple of hours after being fed,, puhhh!!,, 15ML flores per 10L

Lesson learned; double check everything and make sure everything is foolproof!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Sandnut

Update

Update

Day 42

Looking good, they are thriving again. some of the bottom leaves have turned yellow but they arent getting any light and this tends to happen at this time regardless when they need more p,

so i raised ph to 6.7 so they can increase their P uptake and flushed them so we get rid of any salt build up before the big feedings start, i will probably hit them with pk1314,bloom and cal/mag next week,

i dont want to use the pk1314 too early but also not too late as it doesnt give the plants enough time to metabolise the potassium which tends to give a harsh feeling in the throat when smoked, its all about learning from previous mistakes, ive made loads of them haha

SEA OF GREEN!
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Should have hit that bad boy with pollen!! its 100% taller and wider than the average auto
picture.php

PEACE

mitch_connor

large member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
nice mate, looking super healthy despite the issues you had.
:)
lets see them pack on some weight for you. Peace mitch

shroomyshroom

Doing what we do because we are who we are
Veteran
they are looking great :) am planning on doing the same thing soon and was gonna ht up mitch and SGS for information when it came to doing an auto SOG, but you are nailing it and most of my questions have been answered :)

bring em home brother

shroomy

Sandnut

Day 46

Looking good.

thanks guys! Im loving it, this is so fun.. you all know what i mean so i dont need to explain any further lol.

I'll be switching location after this grow is done so in the meantime im planning for the next one, making a DIY earo setup, kind of like the earoflo's you can buy on the market, I saw an aero grow with pinkbud or fruitsalad somewhere on this forum, i saw some real potencial..so that will be fun for sure..

I want to chop these when they are abit "over ripe", its the best high Imo. If possible, maybe 77-80 days if the condicions allow me to. Am i better off harvesting the top buds First and letting the popcorn pack on weight for a week and to a 2nd harvest or just let everything run to 77-80days watcha think?

anyway

I Fed them a tub of water then 2tubs of feeding 15ml flores, 2ml pk1314 per 10L & everything at 6.7ph~, ill increase the pk slowly, its too easy to burn them with it so id rather take it slow, and yeah forget giving them anything near the official dosing especially on AF's....yup so lets hope they pack on some weight the coming weeks!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

PEACE

shroomyshroom

Doing what we do because we are who we are
Veteran
What ever you are doing bro KEEP ON DOING IT ;) this has turned into my all time fave sog on the net :) have saved all your grow info and pics and will be attempting to replicate it very soon... ll be using 1000 watters and CO2 though :) gonna be interesting

loving the pink in your buds so far... what are the smells like atm ?

Sandnut

Wow thanks bro im happy if can help anyone as much as everyone here have helped me! Sounds cool, I would like to start using Co2 aswell soon so Im definitely gonna follow that one. hit me up when its up and running!

and about what I do, I think its the extended N during flowering, i think maybe people dont understand its importance even though plants are in flower and thus they start to get yellow too early on = photosyntesis not working at optimal levels. N makes them vigorous and all leafs (solarpanels) are green and at 100% capacity, Nitrogen combines with other elements such as Carbon, Hydrogen and Oxygen etc. to form ‘Amino Acids’. Amino acids form protoplasm, which facilitates “cell division” and consequently the potential for plant growth and development, Amino acids are considered the ‘building blocks’ of protein and all plant enzymes are made up of protein. Enzymes are considered catalysts for all chemical conversions within a plant, therefore the successful functioning of the plants ‘digestive system’ , hormone synthesis and general function, nitrogen is also a building block for chlorophyll and necessary for photosynthesis . just dont burn them obviously and they will do the rest for you!

and a tip to you from my experience with this sog sofar, prune them even more than I did, maybe even 3-4th set, you might think its too much just as i thought but when they go into flower they really do cover the whole space regardless, and that makes for more quality-a buds/ less popcorn AND way less energy used by the plant going into budding, i can see the yield increasing easely by 5% if this would have been done right, just make sure to cut progressively to avoid shock:)

I've found out its all about doing the little things that add +% of yield, like co2, good airflow, pruning, lights at optimum range and ect ect.. that really makes it add up to big numbers in the end.

Sandnut

And about the smells, I haven't felt much yet but then again carbon fan is running at max speed, when you get closer they smell spicy/skunky/minty but this will develop over time im sure.

I haven't taken a closer look at everyone but i think i spotted atleast 3-4 plants with mostly purple/pink calyxes, the majority is green.

Sandnut

Update

Update

Day 50

Looking good & getting closer..

I have to say I didn't make it easy for myself tho, with all these different strains and phenos its getting harder and harder to adjust the feedings to satisfy everyone of them.

Some are looking more hungry than others, some are on the verge of a nute burn while others seem to want more.. and I've spotted some rusty spots on some leafs, looks like cal/mag def but something its telling me that it could be root-aphids, i hope not.

I'll see how things develop and i will feed accordingly, i'd rather flush than keep on feeding them if thats the case - to maintain overall health.

Fed them at 6.5ph, first a tub of plain water to soak the medium and then x2 tubs of 9ml flores and 4ml pk1314 per 10L

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Big momma is coming along, slower than the rest as its obviously a sativa dominant pheno
picture.php

picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts