What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

1200w sgs auto S.o.g grow

Sandnut

update

update

Day 16

Many updates i know ....but i just had to give you guys a sneak peak! maybe i should water less and more frequently? Because it seems like everytime i water them they shoot off!!

One of them shows a soft defiency, probably because i had to water without ph- once, hopefully she will be fine as i got a bottle on its way!!

picture.php

picture.php

Sandnut

update

update

Day 18

Thanks everybody for the kind words.

It's looking good. 32 really healthy plants. And Im about to feed them so i snapped a couple pics, i'll be back in 3/4 days with some pics of the progress!

I just hope the couple of ones that are a day or two behind wont be shaded out by bigger ones too much, plenty of light so we should be good.,

Most of them have showed sex by now but some are yet to shoot out pistills.

picture.php

picture.php

Darious

Those ladies are seriously taking off. I think your concerns might be valid about the overgrowth with just how quickly they are coming every 2 days. When you come back a shuffle, and some leaf tucking will probably be able to take care of it all, unless they stretch on you.

And by then they should all be starting to puff out with pistols. In fact I think I see some in the last picture there.

Sandnut

Update

Update

Day 21

STEP INTO THE JUNGLE.....................

picture.php

^^ yup my concerns were valid, the smallest 2 in particular are really behind, they are in sight of the lights but theyre just not as fast as the rest, i would lable these as "normal" autos lol:yay:

I've been doing some leaf tucking to encourage the lower branches to shoot up, its seems to be working altho im still concidering cutting the lowest branch off on most off them, whatcha think mitch??

I'll water them tomorrow so the soil can dry out abit, they seem to put on most growth once they are fed again when this happens..

they look pretty happy

picture.php

LEAF TUCKING

picture.php

picture.php

mitch_connor

large member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
nice work man!
The leaf tucking will help the mid level branches become more prominent,

For sure remove the 1st set, possibly the 2nd too depending on the way they are growing.

It will help with airflow and to reduce the level of popcorn buds.

Keep hitting us with updates though, really nice work :)

SmokeyTheBear

Pot Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Very nice. Take the two runts and throw them outside. That's what I do with all my slow growers. They stay so small that most people don't think twice about them being mj.

Sandnut

Very nice. Take the two runts and throw them outside. That's what I do with all my slow growers. They stay so small that most people don't think twice about them being mj.

Thanks bro! good idea. I would have done that but they are not really runts, they were just chilling kinda... but they are coming along nicely now:tiphat:

Sandnut

Update

Update

Day 23

Looking gooood, thanks again everybody for the kind words

The girls are doing their thing.. I have moved them around a little bit,
the bigger ones were put next to the sides so the smaller ones can catch up, so we can end up with a somewhat of an even canopy

1st & 2nd lower branches were removed on many of them but some have remained untouched because its just a real pain to get in there atm.

I'll snap some shots with the lights off next time i know!! hehe...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

SmokeyTheBear

Pot Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You ever consider cutting off the lower branches when the plants are small? I cut off the the branches that grow out of the single leaf. I've seen better results in the long run with this.

I can see them on your plant in the last picture. They turn out to be long and skinny. Never yield a bud worth your time and they take away precious nutrients that can go towards better parts of the plant.

Sandnut

You ever consider cutting off the lower branches when the plants are small? I cut off the the branches that grow out of the single leaf. I've seen better results in the long run with this.

I can see them on your plant in the last picture. They turn out to be long and skinny. Never yield a bud worth your time and they take away precious nutrients that can go towards better parts of the plant.

i've already done 1st & 2nd on some but well im definitely pro for it + doing it earlier would give full benefit(also i didn't know how these would grow out exactly), my only concern is if the stress might stunt them? I also give them some nutes kinda already so they kick off, and i also shuffle them around to keep canopy even, wouldn't that be a cocktail for getting herms? and these are all fems, but if you have tried it, it must work. At what age are you talking about ?

SmokeyTheBear

Pot Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
When they first show sex. I cut them off then and they keep on growing. Never seen any signs of stressing.

Sandnut

Update

Update

Day 27

Don't worry im not going anywhere.....

It's looking good, infact almost PERFECT.

im still feeding veg nutes, seems like this is where most ppl go wrong and switch to bloom nutes way to early especially on autos

we want more overall growth, and they are eating pretty much N still so were Not stressing her into budding and finishing earlier, more time to pack weight & more end product~ hopefully!

take care

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Sandnut

Update

Update

Day 30

looking good, i upped the feedings to 12ml vega, 10ml rhizo
and 10ml flores per*

some heavy sativa leaning phenos coming through, i think its the pink citrus right?

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

TAKE CARE

Darious

Seriously looking good :)

I think I need to pick up some rhizo, I've been really impressed with the logs of people running it so far compared to my tents.