What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Organic Feeding Program for Auto-Flowering Plants

SGS

In The Garden
Veteran
Hey guys, see so many people looking for info on feeding programs for soil based Auto-Flowering grows and they always have a hard time getting a simple answer. Here is a very simple and easy way to get the accelerated growth you are looking for with the added bonus of being Organic resulting in excellent tastes and quality in your smoke. This method has been used for a long time with superior results with soil based AF grows. It can be used in the smallest garden to the largest. Hopefully it will help people get rid of the confusion about Organic Ferts and get them going.

Auto-Flowering Organic Feeding Program, AF-OFP.

Word of Warning, this process uses FISH EMULSION! It is kinda smelly but nothing bad, kinda sweet pungent smell, but it only lasts 24hrs or so after each feeding then goes away. If you can handle it your plants will love you for it!!!

The process is very simple, it can be used with any well drained soil or soil-less (peat-coco) mixes, here are the base lines for feeding and its schedule, along with a few different examples of what media to use.

MaxiCrop Liquid Fish-

This is your main nitrogen N ingredient, it also contains a lot of micro nutrients and other good stuff. It is a fast release fertilizer and is perfect to be used in a feeding program with cannabis as they are hungry plant fast growing plants.

Earth Juice Bloom-

OR
Roots Organics Bloom-
This is your main Phosphorus P and Potassium K ingredient, used to grow healthy large flowers, only use this during early onset of bloom til harvest

Earth Juice Catalyst
OR
Roots Organics Trinity-

This additive encourages compact branching, stimulates optimal bud sites, and triggers early yields. Conditions soils for better nutrient availability. This is very helpful in keeping your root zone healthy allowing plants to uptake nutrients easier which increases growth rates.

Super Thrive-

This little bottle contains an amazing amount if good stuff that plants love, vitamins, hormones etc... using it increases overall health which increases growth allowing the plants to reach their full potential.

Optional Bloom Boosters*

Roots Organics HP or HPK

This can be used to boost flower production... ONLY USE IF YOUR PLANTS CAN HANDLE IT!!! They are hot in terms of nutrients and can burn your plants if not careful. Test on 1 plant before adding to the rest to be sure it doesn't burn them.

Auto-Flowering Feeding Chart

This chart explains when to start feeding and when to stop and at what values. Mix nutrients according to feeding chart for every 1 US Gallon of water. MIX WELL. It is recommending to aerate the solution with an air stone for 2 or more hours before application and during application. Also stir again right before application. Alternate between Watering and Feeding - if you water, then feed the next time, then water, then feed, and so on. AF-OFP uses a lot of water, as it is imperative to water Or feed each plant enough to soak the soil completely and get a good amount of run off. Use some common sense and don't try to drowned them
wink.png
Don't let this RUN OFF sit around!!! It is Organic and will ROT !!! It is recommended to use a drain table or similar to water and feed your plants, dispose of run off immediately!

picture.php

This chart is intended as a general guideline for an average 9 Week Auto-Flowering strain, just shorten or extend it as required by the length of time your Auto-Flowering strain requires. These values will cover most needs, tho every variety is different and may require a bit of fine tuning. Feel free to experiment with the values with your varieties to maximize growth.

Growing Media-
A lot of people claim they don't need to feed while the plants are just starting out and in seedling stage... in most cases your plants will benefit from this feeding program if you follow it completely. You are supposed to run your plants with a perfect balance of food, a balance between an abundant amount and almost to much, not on the brink of starvation! Just because your soil has some food in it and the young plants don't show signs of stress, it doesn't mean they couldn't be doing better with just a little fast release food to maximize growth. The key is to know your soil and whats in it.

Here are some example of commercial soil mixes and their requirements with the Auto-Flowering Organic Feeding Program, AF-OFP.

Fox Farm Ocean Forest Organic Potting Mix-

This stuff is some of the best potting soil ever! Perfect right out of the bag, no need to add anything to it, it has a little bit of food in it but most of it is slow release and won't help your young plants very much in the beginning. Recommend start the AF-OFP on schedule, First feeding at day 3-4 from sprouting

Happy Frog Potting Soil-

This stuff is a bit cheaper then FFOF but made by the same company, it doesn't contain as much food and some of the other stuff FFOF does. It can be a little heavy at times, recommend mixing 3-4 gallons of perlite per 2cu ft bag of Happy Frog. Start AF-OFP on schedule, First Feeding at day 3-4 from sprouting.

Roots Organics Original Potting Mix-

Another great product, can be a little heavy, recommend mixing 1.5 gallons of perlite per 1.5cu ft bag. Start AF-OFP on schedule, First Feeding at Day 3-4 from sprouting.

Feel free to use the AF-OFP in other media products, research and find the best Organic Mix to use for best results.
If you can't find it then make your own mix,
A simple Home Made Potting Mix Recipe.
4 Parts Peat Moss
2 Parts Perlite
1 1/2 Part Course Ripe Compost
1/4-1/2 Part Worm Castings
Add enough water to make soil mix moist, NOT WET!!!
Check pH and add Lime accordingly, to reach a pH of 6 to 6.5
Let sit 10 days before use turning every 2-3 days.
This mix can be a little hot at times, Start AF-OFP on schedule, First Feeding at Day 3-4 from sprout but test it on 1 plant, if burning occurs within 12-24 hours wait 1-2 weeks before beginning AF-OFP.

Thats about it,, please feel free to post your questions.

Peace SGS

Last edited:

Krull

Soul Feeder
Veteran
Bottled products shouldn't be considered truly 'organic' IMHO
Other than that, useful tips (i cant see the chart though).

Peace

=K

skullznroses

that aint nothing but 10 cent lovin
Veteran
can't see chart either! Im sure this is going to help set a lot of people straight, been needed SGS

SGS

In The Garden
Veteran
Bottled products shouldn't be considered truly 'organic' IMHO
Other than that, useful tips (i cant see the chart though).

Peace

=K

Really dont see how that is possible,, those products are produced from purely organic materials, just concentrated and stabilized with chlorine so they don't ROT in the bottle.

Im checking why you cant see the chart?? I see it ,, humm let me see. How bout now??

SGS

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Substitute super thrive with Thrive Alive B1, the green label...and you'd be even more organic...

dank.Frank

Krull

Soul Feeder
Veteran
Really dont see how that is possible,, those products are produced from purely organic materials, just concentrated and stabilized with chlorine so they don't ROT in the bottle.

There is always some controversity on many bottled products advertised as organic and not being truly.
Also i think there is very little bacterial activity left in bottles to avoid troubles and explosions so they're probably milder than the real stuff.
I dont care to discuss single brands but i feel safer and way cheaper to use dry organic ferts (like worm & bat shit) and making your own teas / top dressing / soil mixes.
Just my opinion, really.

Im checking why you cant see the chart?? I see it ,, humm let me see. How bout now??

Its ok now :yes:

Peace

=K

uptosumpn

Veteran
Substitute super thrive with Thrive Alive B1, the green label...and you'd be even more organic...

dank.Frank
great info there bro.....as I was discussing with a friend if superthrive was organic or not....guess you have second that....jus made me win $100!!:bump:

C

cyber echo

I don't think Thrive Alive has the triacontanol that Superthrive has.
Thanks for sharing the info sgs !

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Organic was the key to my post...

I use alfalfa meal for that purpose, personally. I found B1 to build very quickly and is only needed in minimal amounts, this makes me view Super Thrive as a product, more of a vitamin supplement. To really get PGR effects of triacontanol full time with out the unnecessary, go for alfalfa based/derived products. Just my opinion.

dank.Frank

Scyntra

google subcool's super soil... use about 1/3 to 1/2 in bottom of 2 gal. pot > water > dank...no need for any thing but water...

guigo2k

Hi, I also created a chart, but my approach is a little different...

I prefer to grow in coco with organic nutrients and I usually grow Lowryder #2 or Blue Himalaya.

I use General Organics GO Box, with help of Advanced Nutrients SensiZym (keeps coco in good shape and break down debris promoting better nutrient absorption), Bud Candy (helps with aroma and resin production) and Nirvana (helps maximize yield and quality).

I feed according to the chart below 3x per week (monday, wednesday and friday). You can feed up to 5x a week during the bloom period, and just unchlorinated water on remaining days (boiling will remove the chlorine). To make it simple, I created this chart, based on the original GO's chart, but with some improvements (PDF version attached).

I hope it helps,
Cheers :)

99266d1340768360-nutrients-feeding-guide-autoflowering-cannabis-organic-autoflower-feed-chart.jpg

Attachments

• Organic Autoflower Feed Chart.pdf
    969.5 KB · Views: 64