What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Lucas VS. Advanced Nutrients

MileHighGuy

Veteran
man, I dont know what this talk about dosage confusion is...its 4ml/l for the base nutes, 2 ml/l for additives...whats so hard? I mean obviously you have to be smart and start at half strength, this goes for any nute line. I mean they all wanna sell nutes right? to me, this is the easiest dosage in the game. not to mention I never have to PH adjust my shit w the AN. ill admit 5 years ago it sucked, but cmon guys, the ones bashin AN, do u realize they revamped thier shit, all the dosages are the same. I do admit there are ALOT of parts, and some are pricey...but I have yet to use better shit. sorry if this sounds dumb, I didnt read thru this thread yet, I just saw the meme above haha.

Revamp or not. I'm not buying it. For those that want to, that's fine.

Once the trust is broken with me, I'm out for good.

By the way, it's not just advanced, the more I learn the more I'd like to completely eliminate the bottles.

I will trying out subcools Super Soil Recipe and I'd like to find a way to eventually create a supersoil from locally sourced materials that will take me to harvest with just water.

I enjoy this hobby of mine very much, and it consumes much of my day.

If I felt that Advanced would do better for me, I'd spend the money and the time to make it work, but I am Positive that it won't.

Right now, none of the best growers I personally know are using Advanced, and many of those growers are not members of any forums.

If I start seeing Advanced Nutrients users producing the best buds and particularly better buds than what I'm currently producing, I'll eat shit and switch.

Until then, I'll tell any of my friends that ask to go with something better.

Good water, AACT and any organic nutrient that you like. Molasses and some love.

Oh, and as far as the PH adjusting goes... I could care less, When using a solid Compost tea and organic nutes, I never ever check ph and will never need to, the living soil or coco changes the PH as needed.

Aardwolf

I use AN, a lot of stuff has changed,, carbo-load is a useful product still, as are the grandma eggys . I also find the organic b to be beneficial to a brew! I add a product called maxicrop its a seaweed extract works like a charm, its also soil association approved. I add super vit from hesi, (hesi grows great ganja.. the hesi is hard to come by) I do not over do things My voodoo lasts a year or more I use it mixed with piranha also. All these additives when mixed well they froth up real nice!! Grows the best ganja I can grow,, Easy peezy. I use a few brewers buckets to get the stuff going in with bigs ass air-stones..

iamgrowerman

"If I start seeing Advanced Nutrients users producing the best buds and particularly better buds than what I'm currently producing, I'll eat shit and switch."

http://datsach.com/81/international...ents-to-grow-prize-winning-medical-marijuana/

People have been winning competitions using Advanced Nutrients for years. It's funny how some people will insist that AN doesn't have any wins when it just isn't true. They just don't seem to brag about it is all.

B

BrnCow

If I felt that Advanced would do better for me, I'd spend the money and the time to make it work, but I am Positive that it won't.

Right now, none of the best growers I personally know are using Advanced, and many of those growers are not members of any forums.

If I start seeing Advanced Nutrients users producing the best buds and particularly better buds than what I'm currently producing, I'll eat shit and switch.

The best growers in Denver with the top shelf products use Advanced....

G

Guest 18340

The best growers in Florida with top shelf products use Maxibloom...
J/K, I couldn't resist that:D

purple_man

Veteran
please fambz! enough of the AN talk... it's just another fert company, by the way an overpriced one with a great marketing department... how goes the saying, all roads lead to rome or sopn...

blessss
ps.: i nearly bitch slapped a representative of AN during a hemp expo 2 years ago (for trying to explain me some nutritional aspects of mj, which would make a science fiction writer blush, regarding "thesis" and "creativity" ...), but hey, to each their own :)

Lucas and The Force

Lucas and The Force

Dont F wit Luke!

picture.php

picture.php

G

greenmatter

The best growers in Denver with the top shelf products use Advanced....

if you were willing to start that out with "some of the ........." i could agree with you.

the way it's written now ......... no way!

i don't think AN is garbage, but it is a good bit overpriced and extremely overhyped IMHO.

for the price difference AN should eclipse Lucas and it DOES NOT .....IME anyway

MileHighGuy

Veteran
if you were willing to start that out with "some of the ........." i could agree with you.

the way it's written now ......... no way!

i don't think AN is garbage, but it is a good bit overpriced and extremely overhyped IMHO.

for the price difference AN should eclipse Lucas and it DOES NOT .....IME anyway

This is a great post.

I think maybe some of the AN supporters are under the impression that we think AN will not work or is complete shit.

I've grown with AN and it was an excellent batch after I dialed it in. But I have grown better with straight organics and with Lucas depending on the conditions and the strains.

That being said, Most of us who paid the piper and bought the hype were curious.... expecting a significant difference.

I felt Like the emperor in the emperors new clothes trying to see the difference.... Overall, the growers with the strains and talent to win a cannabis competition could use ANY nutrient line out there and make it work.

For the rookie out there who thinks he can buy an excellent grow right out the bottle... and an even bigger badder and better yield with a more expensive bottle.... I think you would be better advised to Keep it simple.

Peace :wave:

G

greenmatter

This is a great post.

I think maybe some of the AN supporters are under the impression that we think AN will not work or is complete shit.

I've grown with AN and it was an excellent batch after I dialed it in. But I have grown better with straight organics and with Lucas depending on the conditions and the strains.

That being said, Most of us who paid the piper and bought the hype were curious.... expecting a significant difference.

I felt Like the emperor in the emperors new clothes trying to see the difference.... Overall, the growers with the strains and talent to win a cannabis competition could use ANY nutrient line out there and make it work.

For the rookie out there who thinks he can buy an excellent grow right out the bottle... and an even bigger badder and better yield with a more expensive bottle.... I think you would be better advised to Keep it simple.

Peace :wave:

:yeahthats:yeahthats:yeahthats:yeahthats

anybody can over complicate things ....... and it is even easier when the guy SELLING you stuff is whispering in your ear

IME ....... and this applies to more than growing. the guy SELLING me stuff did not have my best interest in mind and was more than happy to sell me stuff i did not need almost 100% of the time.

B

BrnCow

I'm sure that skills is the main big difference. Knowing when to do what, how to set up and run, when to cut, and how to trim, dry and cure makes all the difference...genetics do make up a part in it also. Like has been said before, any complete nutes will likely do after it is dialed in....and it needs to be flushed also. At least, in my opinion at this time..nutes make it harsh to me and flushed seems to be cleaner and smoother to smoke.

G

greenmatter

I'm sure that skills is the main big difference. Knowing when to do what, how to set up and run, when to cut, and how to trim, dry and cure makes all the difference...genetics do make up a part in it also. Like has been said before, any complete nutes will likely do after it is dialed in....and it needs to be flushed also. At least, in my opinion at this time..nutes make it harsh to me and flushed seems to be cleaner and smoother to smoke.

i agree 100% .......... i can read all i want, redesign my room, change nutes, get clones, buy seeds, whatever ..... but at the end of the day i need to be a better gardener.

you can't bottle knowledge ............ but you can go to the well at IC and drink your fill as often as you want. for free:jump:

MIway

Veteran

just got a bit of the jungle juice... ran outta pink & thought i'd see what the jj was about... it was/is cheaper, mixed about the same for ppm's, had to add x3 as much pH up, had a tough time adjusting the pH drops as the micro in the jj seems to have a harder purple dye... i'm buying my old pink right now... ;-)

Buddler

Veteran
It would be more camparable if you went and bought G,H micro and bloom . Then bought A ,N micro and bloom figure it out on the nute calc then do a side by side G,H, vers A,N lucas formula that would totally comparable price wise and all.. Considering the lucas formula can be made out of any ferts or close to it.:) B

Grobot2010

@Buddler... as long as the final analysis includes product yield and quality this is a great comparison to make since it is a test of what this particular premium priced nutrient line gives you in terms of product quantity and quality/dollar spent versus the same for an economy nutrient option.

The AN vs GH micro and bloom comparison that you are suggesting is just a comparison of who's ingredients for the lucas formula are "better".

Here we are seeing the comparison of two different formulas that have two very different price points that we assume reflect in some way the quality and variety of the ingredients and the research investment involved in developing the formulations.

I'm looking forward to the results!

bonni79

I have found in another forum an " how to" guide from advanced nutrients about feeding with their products. It is an answer to an email .First they treat the case of cultivation in soil, but the discussion becomes general. Hope this helps....

I contacted Advanced Nutrients to ask:

I am growing in Fox Farm Ocean Soil and have used AN iguana Bloom with varied results.

I am looking for a simple formula that I can use to BLOOM Medical Cannabis.

Here is their reply:

The 100% Organic medium bloom feeding schedule is a good place to start.

Advanced Nutrients' Nutrient Calculator - Analyze Soil Chemistry and Plant Nutrient Levels for Your Hydroponic or Indoor Garden.

Add to the reservoir the products that you have that are listed above, if you are using products that are not listed above apply at the rate suggested on the bottle.

In soil adjust the final pH of the solution to 6.3.

The amounts suggested to use are the amounts to feed for the whole week, if you want to feed more than once per week, divide the amount for the whole week by the number of feedings that you want to give your plants, give the plant just plain pH adjusted water when not feeding nutrients. (Ideally the pots are dry every 2 - 3 days)

I am including a general guide to feeding below.

Feeding Guideline

Don’t start feeding nutrients to rooting clones or seedlings such as the 2 part Sensi A & B (Grow) until they develop 3 or 4 sets of new/true leaves.

Until they develop 3 or 4 sets of new (clones)/true (seedlings) leaves feed them only water. You can foliar spray them with Jumpstart, use application rate suggested on the bottle or 1/4 strength B-52 (1 mL/liter) until then. You can also add 1/4 strength applications of Piranha, Tarantula and Voodoo Juice, to the water that you will use in the root zone.

Clones seedlings need high levels of moisture in the medium
(80% -85% is good 100% is too much)

The also like a warmer environment in the root zone 70 F – 80 F.

Entering the Vegetative stage, Use the Rooted Clones / Seedlings schedule in the nutrient calculator for the first two weeks of feeding)

Week 1

At 3 or 4 sets of new leaves mix nutrient solution at 300 ppm

Week 2

Mix nutrient solution at 600 ppm

Switch to Vegetative Stage feeding schedule if you are going to vegetate the plants longer than two weeks, the calculator goes up to another 8 weeks (you don’t need to veg the whole 8 weeks).

Week 3 is Week 1 on the vegetative chart

Mix nutrient solution at 600 - 900 ppm depending on size

Week 4

Mix nutrient solution at 900 -1200 ppm depending on size

Follow chart for additional weeks as required

When entering the Bloom Stage follow the medium feeding strength. (If growing indoors the bloom stage starts when the lights are switched to twelve hours of darkness and twelve hour of light).

Week 1- mix nutrient solution including supplements at 1000 ppm

Week 2 - mix nutrient solution including supplements at 1200 ppm

Week 3- mix nutrient solution including supplements at 1400 ppm

Week 4- mix nutrient solution including supplements at 1600 ppm

Week 5- mix nutrient solution including supplements at 1400 ppm

Week 6- mix nutrient solution including supplements at 1200 ppm

Week 7- Flush

The nutrient calculator is set for a 7 week strain; it can be customized for plants that require more than 7 weeks to complete their flower stage. Just click add a week.

The amounts suggested in the nutrient calculator are the total nutrient to feed the plant for a whole week, not the amount to give them per feeding.

If you want to give your plants nutrient solution more than once per week, divide the amount (total ppm) for the week by the number of feedings that you want to give them to calculate the ppm per feeding. A light cycle of plain ph adjusted water prior to commencing a new week’s feeding schedule will help prevent lock out conditions.

Plants may increase their over all size up to 2/3, during the bloom stage, for this reason the feeding schedules in the calculator increases the strength of the nutrient solution every week, reaching the highest concentration on the fourth week of bloom.

If plant needs longer than 6 weeks of feeding (7 week strain, the 7Th week is a flush week), repeat week 4 for each extra week.

Always reduce the amount that you feed your plants during the last two weeks of feeding.

Overfeeding

If the very tip of the leaves gets yellow it is an early sign of overfeeding. Reduce the solution strength slightly (100 – 150 ppm), if not increase slightly.

Deficiencies

If the margins or any other part of the leaves yellows off it is a possible sign of deficiencies. Check pH in medium and reservoir, if the pH is off from the ideal levels look out conditions may develop. At first symptom of a deficiency apply rule # 1 (When in doubt flush them out).
If growing in a medium that takes some time to dry up, allow the medium to dry and feeding them plain pH adjusted water when they are ready. If growing in a re circulating system, find a way to give them only pH adjusted water for the length of a light cycle, a second reservoir just for water may be a simple solution, then it is just a matter of moving the pump over, maintain the regular water pump cycle during the flush.

pH conditions in medium

In Soil/Soiless (Soil or Soiless mixtures that may also contain peat moss but not Coco Coir) adjust the pH to 6.3

In Hydro (It includes products such as Rockwool, Hydroton Rock, and Lava Rock) adjust to 5.6

In Coco Coir adjust the ph to 5.8 – 6.0. You may want to supplement with SensiCal when growing in coco with a base nutrient that in not specific to growing in coco

Root damage

Another possibility is damage in the root zone, check for the possibility of root rot, or insect larvae as potential causes for root deterioration, brown, mushy, smelly roots are a good indicator of root damage. Hydrogen peroxide is an efficient way to destroy root rot causing bacteria.

Mixing instructions

If using the base nutrient stand alone, mix nutrients according to instructions on the bottle.

If also using supplements follow feeding schedule in the nutrient calculator.

Advanced Nutrients' Nutrient Calculator - Analyze Soil Chemistry and Plant Nutrient Levels for Your Hydroponic or Indoor Garden.

Measurements:

1 gallon = 4 liters (quarts)

1 tsp (teaspoon) = 5 mL
1/2 tsp (teaspoon) = 2.5 mL
1/4 tsp (teaspoon) = 1.25 mL

1 tbsp (tablespoon) = 3 tsp (teaspoon) = 15 mL

Latest posts

Latest posts