What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Jet47, Onyx, RRF and Santa 90w LED grow.

Seedling

Hello there, thought it was about time to start a new grow..

I have some strains in my seed collection that i havnt tried and i thought i would give them a go. The point of this grow is:

1, To beat my old record of getting 1.2g/w
2, To Do a couple of crosses of the biggest Autos i get
3, Save pollen for my next grow. (Will be a HfH grow and i will pollinate the Danish genes with a big auto to get some seeds for next spring.)

My set up is the same as i have been using before:
90w Bright Lux LED
Soil, perlite, eggshell mix to grow in
Hensi Bloom and Phosphor Plus will be used as nutes

It will all be grown in my microcab and i will LST the plants to maximize the yield and to get them to fit in my limited space.

I put 3 beens of each strain in paper towels and they all sprouted and were planted on the 1/11. All are looking good except one RRF that got stuck in its seed shell and died (i though) but it has now bounced back but is way behind the others.

So i have 12 happy little once in the cab, i can only fit about 6 so we will see what happens, depending on how many girls i get i will decide on what size pots to use.

Will take a couple of pic for you later so you can see the set up. Feel free to join in the fun, ask questions or just let me know what im doing wrong or what you think. Hope you will like it!gl

20/4

Marijuana Enthusiast
Veteran
I cant wait to see this grow, last time you did a grow it was wonderful seedling... Goodluck, how much do your plants typically yield with that 90 watt led?:tiphat:

Seedling

Thank you for stopping by with the nice words! Hopefully this grow will be good to, ill do my best to please :p

Its hard to tell how much my plants yeild because it depends on how many girls i end up with. If i get fewer girls i get bigger pots to fit in the cab and they end up yielding about the same in total as if i have more ladies in smaller containers. I think i got 1.5 oz from a couple of plants in 1 gal containers and that is the most. Whatever I go for I usually end up with something around or a bit less then 4 oz from one grow and im very happy with that.

Will update with some pix soon.

arqbrunonogueir

great, i'll be watching your grow, trying to learn something.

i grow santa's here ( had 2, and have 2 more now). the only thing i have to say is that they where not nute sensitive at all!! but i went organic all the way.

i wish you the best off all, and peace.

ps* sorry for my english, but im from brasil, hehe.

Seedling

Thanks for the replys:
I will update in a couple of days when i start seeing sex. There are a couple that are showing and I just hope i dont get to many males. First indicators arnt great but we will see. As long as i get at least one girl of each strain im happy.

Im checked into this one! I want to see how your onyx does indoors under led because it was one of my best performing auto's outdoors last year.

Seedling

Just a quick update here. I have started to see some men in the grow cab... So far i have 1 Onyx, 1 Jet, 1 RRF and 2 Santa males. There are som great males in there so im very happy with that, tall and Bushy. Perfect as i want pollen from big plants to pollinate girls in my next grow with and make seeds for next outdoor season.

I have to say the one im most surprised about is the Santas, two of them just stinks, never had small none flowering plants smell this much before! Have high hopes for the Onyx as well, one that hasn't showed sex is massive for being this young:D Just hoping that i have seen all the males now and that i get some girls in there. Fingers crossed.

Hopefully i will see some girls soon, photos will be posted once i have them confirmed.

arqbrunonogueir

yes, they stink! in a good way! hehe, when she started to stink i realize why (in english) they call skunk, a skunk!!

wish you the best of all

Seedling

So things are starting to take of now. Found a couple of males today and also some femals!!
So far i have binned two males and found one male keeper that i will be using for pollen, its a Jet 47 that is a lot bigger then the rest of the plants and also very very branchy, i also have one Santa male that is looking super that i may use. Looks like the males wont dropp pollen in an other couple of days so im keeping them under the good light for an other 2 days as after that they will go under a single cfl...

The two females i found are looking super, one Jet47 that is very big and has good branching and one Santa with the same attributes. All i need now is an Onyx and a RRF gil and im set to go. Will get some potting soil tmrw so i can repot in to good containers. My Camera is charging so pictures will be posted this weekend.

Have a good one all of you.

Seedling

Ok here is a small picture update this is 13 days from germ. So far I have two keeper males and 2 comfirmed Females. One of the Onyx that has not sexed is probably i girl as well, as the other two has shown sex (males) a few days ago. Fingers crossed that this one really is a lady because its the biggest plant of them all. There are also two unconfirmed RRF plants and im hoping that at least one turns in to a girl. I also have one mystery plant. Found it in one of the big pots were i planted the Onyxs, put two seeds in each pot and when i had a look there were one extra plant in one of the pots. It doesent look like any of the others, a lot paler. Will save it for a week or so, if it autos i will keep it if not it goes in the bin.

Group shot.
picture.php

Will update again when i have repotted in to final pots and have all of the plants sexed.
Until then, take care.

Reckoner

I remember those beautiful purple mazars you showed us... I bet this grow is gonna be interesting aswell :)

Btw, I'm trying to get infos about leds before I decide to buy some or not. What can you say about the released heat ? I've read everywhere there's not much with leds, but what are they like compared to CFL's ? CFLs aren't supposed to deliver much heat but in my mini-cab, ... well, they do ! So I'm wondering if leds wouldn't be better, and safer.

Anyway, good luck :tiphat:

Seedling

I remember those beautiful purple mazars you showed us... I bet this grow is gonna be interesting aswell :)

Btw, I'm trying to get infos about leds before I decide to buy some or not. What can you say about the released heat ? I've read everywhere there's not much with leds, but what are they like compared to CFL's ? CFLs aren't supposed to deliver much heat but in my mini-cab, ... well, they do ! So I'm wondering if leds wouldn't be better, and safer.

Anyway, good luck :tiphat:

Thank you, ill try to make it a good grow and post some nice pictures for you all.

When it comes to LEDs they release a lot less heat then a comparable CFL set up. I have 90w LED and get about 120g of very good bud in a grow with that set up and all i have is a good computer fan connected to my filter and that is enough to get rid of the heat and keep the cab at a good consistent temp. I have used CFLs before and in my opinion the bud my LED produce is a lot better and I feel its safer as there is not much heat.
Hope it helps a little bit.
/S

I ordered some onyx females and I can't wait, I've heard nothing but really good things about it, and it looks wonderful hear as well...

Seedling

Hello.

Just wanted to add that the big Onyx plant showed to be a girl to day so Im very happy with that one. Also repoted the three girls in to their final pots and started the LST on the Onyx and Jet as they are big already and i will have to work hard to make them fit in my cab. The Onyx and Jet are in close to 2 gal pots and the Santa is in a 1 gal pot if i get more girls they will go in to 1 gal pots and if i dont i will upgrade the Santa to a 2 gal pot through raised transplanting.

Have to say that im a bit worried about the smell, the Santa is a real stinker and the Onyx and Jet are not far behind, they already smell as much as my Mazars did in full bloom.. Have a small can carbon filter and some ONA if things go to crazy.
//S

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
if you think the smell is bad now then wait till they hit full force, id strap yaself in mate and get ready for stinksville :)

Reckoner

Thank you, ill try to make it a good grow and post some nice pictures for you all.

When it comes to LEDs they release a lot less heat then a comparable CFL set up. I have 90w LED and get about 120g of very good bud in a grow with that set up and all i have is a good computer fan connected to my filter and that is enough to get rid of the heat and keep the cab at a good consistent temp. I have used CFLs before and in my opinion the bud my LED produce is a lot better and I feel its safer as there is not much heat.
Hope it helps a little bit.
/S

Yep it does :) I think I'm gonna get a little led system and remove some cfls away.
Looks like you're gonna have some dank-stinky plants mate :D