What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

blue cheese 12/12 from seed oxypot style

dargo

we have this strain all the time in the uk as the original uk cheese and blue cheese is popular amongst growers and smokers this side of the pond
the blue cheese that we have on a regular basis always has the sweet smell of bluberry with the underlying smell of the dank cheese

i can post up some blue cheese bud shots of what we get over here if you like

Im in the midlands uk ;)

yea man post some photos, I got some photos in my old greenhouse thread from last year, I force flowered them mid summer, but it was a cross done by a friend of a friend. same cheese, not sure which blueberry

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
im in the midlands uk aswell ;)

03022010518.jpg

03022010515.jpg

03022010514.jpg

26122009352.jpg

26122009351.jpg

26122009350.jpg

26122009349.jpg

26122009347.jpg

peace

dargo

Looking good :D are u on uk420 aswell? do you do anything outdoors or is it just under lights?

hope you dont mind me posting a photo in your thread, closest on the right is blue cheese from last summers forced flowering in the greenhouse... she was a proper stinky bitch!

picture.php

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
day 37 from seed

just done a res change and there still on .6 ec and ph 5.8

i have to say that growing 12/12 from seed the plants are looking no different than growing autos in fact i might stick my neck out and say i might even get more yield from growing this way but wont know for sure untill i weigh them in

i took a couple of pics so people can monitor their progress

060620101333.jpg

060620101334.jpg

060620101335.jpg

060620101331.jpg

peace

dargo

i have to say that growing 12/12 from seed the plants are looking no different than growing autos in fact i might stick my neck out and say i might even get more yield from growing this way but wont know for sure untill i weigh them in

Also using almost half the electricity cost that most people are using for a indoor auto grow.

There looking nice, you didnt say anything on the smell? how they smelling?? also forgot ask, are you growing these from clone?

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
sorry dargo i forgot the smell is strong from the 2 plants stronger than the mi5 and onyx that i grew and its more of a musty dank smell but thats coming from the cheese strain in the plant

all my plants are grown from seed
i should be getting my new light tomoz and will be finishing these off under that to try and get a bigger yield

have you managed to produce an automatic cheese dargo?

dargo

I know 2 people that are working on it, hopefully we will see it before winter is here.

im working on a auto amnesia x blue cheese (i used a mi5 male to bring the auto trait over).

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
i also know 2 people working on it and from past responses i think the auto cheese will be containg the uk strain according to the source ;)

sounds like a nice strain your working on dargo ill look forward to seeing the progress fella ;)

peace

Iron Lungs

Im thinking about starting some FEM Super Lemon Haze, and a FEM Bubba Kush seeds i got for free on my last order! im wanting to upgrade my set-up! Those are the 5 G bucket's right??? what air pump size are you using? This thread is def. gonna inspire me to take that plung! :bow::toohot:

So you said this strain has a 8-10 Week flowering time! When do you start counting? Im guessing when they show hairs? Im baked right now so bare with me! ha :joint:

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
i dont know about gallons mate but its 20ltr buckets you can buy the bubblers as complete kits in the uk where you get the net basket, pebbles , air pump , and buckets for £20 which is a bargain

i think the make of the oxypot is a company called ikon

as for flowering time i was also miffed at this im not sure if its from the start of 12/12 or from the sign of sexing and i wont know for definate untill the grow is finished

also remember that im using cfl lights so if you use hid or hps your results will be alot better than what im acheiving right now

hope this helps

peace

killerweed31

Smile Vs Cry
Veteran
should be a serious bud man!!
i have opinion about the light green color of leaves, plant looks healthy and everything is ok bro,just i think if you increase dosage of nutes the leaves color coming much more green you no,also plant appreciate...butjust my opinion you have already great plant!!
i'll be tuned into this one for sure!!

dargo

i dont know about gallons mate but its 20ltr buckets you can buy the bubblers as complete kits in the uk where you get the net basket, pebbles , air pump , and buckets for £20 which is a bargain

Is that the one from GroWell?? I seen them in there and thought they was cheap, but I thought if growell sell them for £20 they got to be REALLY cheap to make. so didnt pick any up with the intention of making my own.

Scrogerman

Veteran
Well In Skotty man,
Youve not only picked the best form of Hydro in DWC but your rocking the Time span with your tecnique, your on the right road to success here man & i think you'll yield double if not triple with standard seed as apposed to Auto's so well done mate, i like your style-drive bro! House full of midlanders too lol, im on the border but its not far from your manor i bet. Brum's only 50 minutes from me if that. One thing i picked up on though bro was the amount of Rockwool your using, well man it aint nessasary & can cause more problems than its worth. I always use the little un's and then straight into the Hydroton pebbles, then its all about water levels untill you have ample roots and water levels are set to around 1" below the bottom of the pot. the trouble with RW is is needs flushing through every fortnight, Minimum-Weekly Is better, the less RW you use the less need for flushing, I plan on doing away with it completely on my next DWC run, RW produces an unwanted salt build up & loads of it aint good, it aint nessasary & can cause probs, especially if it aint flushed through regulary, you'll see this toward the end of the grow possibly. Just thought id mention it bro! I like to do 2 plants in a 70ltr Res- Tote/Rubbermaid style, running a Kam-Air 40(Now70 same internal parts), that runs 40 litres air per minute(at 2m), 6 airstones hung inside the tub with 20lb test fishing line doubled up. It Rocks it bro, in 12 weeks i hit 14-16 oz with 1 x 400w HPS(Growlux), thats with a couple to 3 week veg & Scroged, i wreckon with the right strain i could do it in 10 week, completed, 14-16oz offa 2 plants in 10 weeks is about what im aiming for. Be interesting to see what your returns are with 12/12 straight from seedm, Good Luck Man! Oh & whats the white medium your using there, is it the new light stuff i see knocking about that dont need washing? Nice Work Buddy!
Peace & Respect.......Scroger! ;)

Scrogerman

Veteran
Yeah them Oxypot deals are good, only thing is the pump that comes with them aint soo clever, its a Hydor init skotty? i see youve bought another dual outlet, their ok for the money(15-£20) but they dont last so long and pretty noisy for what they are. I see the New 4-way pump From Advanced is v-cool, its half the output of what im used to at 20ltrs per minute but ive gotta have one, there only around 50-£60, but shipping cost bump up the overall costs a bit, but they are bomb and look to have a little vibration plate on their underside, Built for DWC, I gotta have one & i recommend that anyone wanting to get into DWC get a Good Pump to start off with or the noise from a cheapo may put you off for life!

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
cheers for the feed back guys the light green leaves is all to do with the canna nutes ive come to realise this when i add the pk 13/14 later in my grow you watch my plant turn a nice dark green in colour ;)

every single grow i have done with canna has always done this to my plants..

you say about upping the feed well if you grow in hydro and up the feed when the plants dont want it then its game over ive mastered to use my ec meter and the plants will always tell you when they want more never try to dictate to the plants in hydro just my tip for begginers ;)

as stated before im growing under cfl and this is totally different to hps or hid where the plants will always grow bigger and yield more

i have a new light on order and it was delivered today but the person who was taking the order didnt have no money to pay my vat so i gotta wait till tomoz now

also the point about adding extra airstones to the res is a good idea as the more oxygen the better.
ive seen people use h2o2 and get serious gunk in their res from using it plus it doesnt mix well with some nutes on the market
i dont grow on a massive scale and only grow for personal use but beleive me i could grow some monsters using dwc but i like the quick turn around and different varietys in smoke ;)

as for the buckets you can get complete kits off the bay of e for next to nothing ;)

here is a pic of my flo x wreck grown with dwc using only a red 250 watt cfl from seed remeber my tent is 120 wide so i think 2 of these plants would fill my space quite nice

290420101064.jpg

010520101107.jpg

290420101063.jpg

010520101108.jpg

peace

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
i also seen some 1 mention just using small rockwool cubes and yeah it is possible but i like my plants to have more stability in the grow and dont wanna open my tent to find its fell over ;)

and you never have to worry about algae either this pics are from a 2 1/2 month grow and not 1 sign of mould as you can see the trunk has smashed through the smaller cube again just my opinion ;)

010520101117.jpg

010520101116.jpg

peace

Scrogerman

Veteran
You dont need to use the Big Cubes at all skotty, ive always just used the little uns and hydroton but i do understand about more stability. & your grows are real good dude! Laters! Oh ever thought about a ScrOG?

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
nah mate scrogging with autos aint worth it due to the fact of the quick turn around my main goal is to have a constant harvest every 4 - 5 weeks and im looking out for the best strains to grow so far im looking at

sour 60s
onyx
mi5
big devil
hbd
lr2

if i can get 2oz from each plant and grow 8 at a time 4 in flower and 4 in veg then i could harvest around 8oz+ every 4-5 weeks and the beauty of autos is i can veg and flower in the same tent.

but on another point if i can get good yields doing 12/12 from seed which is why i am doing this run then i might just stick with this method and do regular strains as appose to autos and get bigger yields in the same amount of time as growing autos and use less electric ;)

peace

Latest posts

Latest posts