What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Auto BlueBerry feminized under 400 HPS

Iron Lungs

well ive smoked a little tester! :D it was some lower branching and im def. impressed, i mean IMO i dont think it was fully dry but my brother was sweating smoking some!:puppydoge:smokeit: And damn the whole nug was seeds :bashhead: haha! My male really banged the shit out of this girl! ha, i know now to NEVER grow a male right beside a female with the fan going! Still some really good herb taste was nice and smoke wasnt harsh at all! And i still gotta let her flush and let the real harvest dry (the right way):canabis:

nealcook420

Man its great that you have seeds, my dad is afraid that I ain't gonna get a male out of the HBD. I really don't wanna have to buy more seeds so as soon as I do get a male im going to pollinate 5 or 6 plants, no choosing lower branches just straight puting a male in front of a fan.

nealcook420

I just saw this pic on another thread check this out, 4 1/2' tall Onyx!!!

Attachments

• poop fuzz
    poop fuzz
    81.1 KB · Views: 37

nealcook420

HOLY GOD :yoinks: That is a HUGE girl!!!
The guy that grew this beast estimates 5-6oz dry weight from this baby and I would say that he is right. I have 10x Mi5 reg, 7x HBD reg, 4x RRF reg & 4x Onyx reg. I hope I get at least 1 female out of the sets of 4, Its all about the seeds rite now. This grow, every seed that I planted was female so I just figured I would use these for smoke then after the room is empty I will throw 7-10 plants of the same strain in there. If I buy any more seeds I will buy Purple Jems and Sour60...
I have a 32" HBD but I hope that I get an Onyx that is at least 3' tall that would be great breading material, just imagine a tall Onyx(or HBD that is 3' tall) crossed with a bushy pheno RRF!

nealcook420

I finally got to go tend to my plants while the lights were off. They are looking great, I have been feeding them 2-4 cups daily because the strains I am growing feed heavily. I am flushing the auto BB till I harvest 5 days from now, I am going to dry for a week then put them into mason jars. The big Devil are looking great also.

uptosumpn

Veteran
I got 10 reg. ONYX BEANS for next round & I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT TO SAY!...........:ying:
I just saw this pic on another thread check this out, 4 1/2' tall Onyx!!!

See, now that's what i'm talking about....gettin the most out of your plants...everything you said bro is dead-on! and once again, I'm seeing diff. autos in hydro get stuuupid BIG<! this is def. the way to get the MOST out of ALL autos IMHO..... see if you can get him to tell you what size light & what size pot he used.....I really may have to "re-configure" my growing set-up, only thing is when starting many reg. seeds, we all know male/female ratio iz crazy on autos, so unless your just using FEM seeds, how can you separate boyz from girlz growing AUTOS hydroponically...<the roots....any idea's, sugg.?? SERIOUSLY!*
Yo, tell dat grower, BIG-UPS! for real! That Bitch is FABULOUS!!
The guy that grew this beast estimates 5-6oz dry weight from this baby and I would say that he is right. I have 10x Mi5 reg, 7x HBD reg, 4x RRF reg & 4x Onyx reg. I hope I get at least 1 female out of the sets of 4, Its all about the seeds rite now. This grow, every seed that I planted was female so I just figured I would use these for smoke then after the room is empty I will throw 7-10 plants of the same strain in there. If I buy any more seeds I will buy Purple Jems and Sour60...
I have a 32" HBD but I hope that I get an Onyx that is at least 3' tall that would be great breading material, just imagine a tall Onyx(or HBD that is 3' tall) crossed with a bushy pheno RRF!

nealcook420

The guys name is TX1982 is is a member of an unaffiliated forum(so I can only tell you to google it, sorry).
He/they used 3 400w MH for the first 2 weeks then 2 400w HPS for the rest of the grow.
I am going for the tallest highest yielding with a shortest life Auto flowering strain. So with help of friends I hope will have this goal accomplished by May-July 2011, Then it will take a little while to pick out the best pheno and stabilize it. I have 2 tall & dense pheno HBD and many more seeds and many more auto-strains along with some early regular strains that have potential to add great genetics.

nealcook420

i would suspect that you could cut the roots at the bottom of the pot and just leave the rest that are mixed with the other roots.

Flying Goat

I'm a dirt pharmer, never been brave enuf for a hydro set-up... With my health probs, prolly never be able to maintain one properly...

But I'm a huge AF fan... Seems to me if you were to do a run of an AF strain, collecting the males as well as seeding the females... you could produce a huge amount of pure seed in no time...

Then, for successive runs, you could just cut off the males & replant with another seed, hoping it will be female? If you want to pollinate, you have pollen in the fridge...

Seems my males are almost finished when the ladies finally decide to give it up (plant life imitates human life, I guess)... So I usually save my pollen in advance so it's ready & plentiful when I want to do a certain lady...

Awesome setups, guys... Are those Rubbermaid tubs? I know fuck-all about hydro - I grow in my own goat berry & soil mix...

Cheers.

nealcook420

I'm a dirt pharmer, never been brave enuf for a hydro set-up... With my health probs, prolly never be able to maintain one properly...

But I'm a huge AF fan... Seems to me if you were to do a run of an AF strain, collecting the males as well as seeding the females... you could produce a huge amount of pure seed in no time...

Then, for successive runs, you could just cut off the males & replant with another seed, hoping it will be female? If you want to pollinate, you have pollen in the fridge...

Seems my males are almost finished when the ladies finally decide to give it up (plant life imitates human life, I guess)... So I usually save my pollen in advance so it's ready & plentiful when I want to do a certain lady...

Awesome setups, guys... Are those Rubbermaid tubs? I know fuck-all about hydro - I grow in my own goat berry & soil mix...

Cheers.

Hey Flying Goat... I'm still into soil also but I am slowly being swayed toward hydro, well DWC style hydro. I've tried Ebb & Flow but It is way to much work. I can tell you this though: If you take a 10-18g Rubbermaid tub and go to your local pet shop and get an 12" airstone and a 40-100gph pump, the only time you will need to do any work with this would be every 2-3 weeks just clean it lightly, fill it back up and snap the lid on. DWC is almost as simple as soil growing, just add the right nutrients and fill it up! lol
I let the males grow freely with the others if they are the same strain or even if i have diff. strains that I want to cross with. The onlt time I kill a male is if it shows hermi traits or if I'm growing for cash or for myself and family.

uptosumpn

Veteran
Ok, i am seriously considering building a couple of these for my tent... 56"w x 56"d x 78.75"h... it all sounds good, BUT, this is jus a lil difficult as far as breeding goes, because i will have different strains.......?<gotta figure it out...! anywayz, my next grow was gonna consist of 3 or 4 diff. strains of autos....[10 onyx, 10 HBD, 10 Ak47 & 10 "tester"<will reveal when it's started]...they were to start out in 1 gal bags till sex, then transplant to 2gal or 3gal bags under 600....Man, i'm trying to get the MOST out of these autos, and 2 things are a FACT with autos...More Light or Hydro makes em' Bigger! So, what is a good size tub & net pots to get when tryin to start that many seeds<<to get a good female to male ratio...my target number is 12-16 girls..<trying to get a 1lb dry per harvest using DWC...

Hey brother I'm still into soil also but I am slowly being swayed toward hydro, well DWC style hydro. I've tried Ebb & Flow but It is way to much work. I can tell you this though: If you take a 10-18g Rubbermaid tub and go to your local pet shop and get an 12" airstone and a 40-100gph pump, the only time you will need to do any work with this would be every 2-3 weeks just clean it lightly, fill it back up and snap the lid on. DWC is almost as simple as soil growing, just add the right nutrients and fill it up! lol
I let the males grow freely with the others if they are the same strain or even if i have diff. strains that I want to cross with. The onlt time I kill a male is if it shows hermi traits or if I'm growing for cash or for myself and family.

fieldgrower

`i must say this gives me more hope, i purchased a 5 pack of dutch passion auto blueberry. i heard alot of bad things about there fem auto flowering beans, mutants, unpoppable beans, that sort of thing, i germed all 5, 4 popped, the other hasent come up yet, they seem alright thow, i also heard about alot of hermies. i hope this is just rumor, because that auto blueberry looks tasty. cant wait to put these girls in there permanent homes :) cant wait to see how the final product looks brotha