What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

NORWEGIANS DIESEL RYDER GROW ! !

Muddy

I'm basically an old school 35mm photographer and no place I can trust to develop pics of MJ plants. I do have a cheap digital but it sucks ass.

Got two nice ones going that I'm going to pollinate today. One of the tall bushy ones for outdoor grows and one of the ones with main cola and 4 side branches for indoors.

Also trying a little experiment. Snipped off most of the lower small buds to see if I can force more growth to the upper buds. They only end up being popcorn buds anyway as they are shaded by the upper leaves.

Only problem I've ever had with them has been spider mites.

Muddy; nice to see pics,so i can compare.. i f you have the opportunity.
No mold no herm - good stuff!

:wave:

norwegian

Good luck with your project my friend, lets hope you get rid of the ball problem. Ive grown DR´s @ 60 north before and had trouble with mold, almost all plants got affected but the could have been due to the fact that they were planted late and didnt finish until september...

Keep up the good work ,they look very vigorous!

Hi Seedling!
Looks like the hermie tendency is gone now.
Just curious; do you remember if they had a LOT of mold?
Still smokeable? :dance013:

G

Guest129216

Really nice log. I have 8 dr seeds myself that I'm gonna grow outside in south Norway. was planning on starting them in a month, but after reading this I'm gonna start them tonight!

Good luck with the grow. I have this one subscribed.

norwegian

Really nice log. I have 8 dr seeds myself that I'm gonna grow outside in south Norway. was planning on starting them in a month, but after reading this I'm gonna start them tonight!

Good luck with the grow. I have this one subscribed.

Thanks a bunch man!
Yeah, nice strain,strong stuff.
Are you planning to grow them inside a month first?
They will be soo ready for June !

Seedling

Hey mate.

The mold problem wasent very bad if you can say that about mold... Some were really bad and I never take a chance with mold so they were made in to Bubble. Had some with just mold on the lower branches so i just the affected buds for bubble and the rest was smoked as it was.

norwegian

Just came back from my grow,and what did my eyes behold?

Holy shait, need some expert help here, my one and only male
is showing hairs again - not only a single one this time but at least
a dozen !
( Quite shure it is caused by stress(Light-stress),maby it matters in a positive way?

So, it cannot be used for breeding,i guess ?!
This is disastrous for me, hate ordering seeds - and no seed from my yummy phenos.
Whish i had kept ALL the males… :look at this:

G

Guest129216

Are you planning to grow them inside a month first?
They will be soo ready for June !

Inside for 3 weeks or something. My inside growspace is on an uninsolated loft, so they grow really slow there. 3-4 degrees at night and 13-15 degrees at day now. I have started about 50 other plants there.

This is disastrous for me, hate ordering seeds

Can't help you with the breeding part, but I hate ordering seeds too.
I promised myself that I will never order seeds again after becoming a nerve wreck after last order. It went fine though.
Hopefully I will be able to make seeds this year, and if I do....... sharing is caring......

I'm gonna see Jon Blund now.......zzzzzzzzz

later.

norwegian

Hia BOM!
Yeah,ordering seeds is a no no for me,given i
got family AND plants goin on.. Bad combo.
I am also growing in an uninsulated loft - but i´m using
the heat from my 400W …

Hey people!
Nobody knows about this hermie male problem?!
Ahrrgh - whish some dude tells me it´s
perfectly ok. using it for breedig!

love?

Hey people!
Nobody knows about this hermie male problem?!
Ahrrgh - whish some dude tells me it´s
perfectly ok. using it for breedig!
Don't use it for breeding, the hermie genes will be passed on if you do. Doesn't matter if it was caused by stress; good plants don't herm from a bit of stress and you only want to breed with good plants.

norwegian

I see what you mean.. but i´m clinging
to this "hope" that the herm-tendency
is NOT in it´s genetic makeup (Because it was
introduced by stress)
Oh well,just my theory thanks for input anyway dude!

(Looks exactly like your "hermieriffic" in your album…
ugly motherfucker!!) :laughing:

love?

I can understand getting attached to a plant but dude if it's that bad... don't use it !

Hehe ok maybe I've pushed my views on you more than enough now. All the best whether or not you decide to make some seeds with the hermie.

G

Guest129216

Hey man

I have no experience with breeding myself, but this is what "hempkat" wrote in his thread:

Well in that first pick I can clearly see female flowers but I also see what does look like a male flower but none of the pictures are real clear so I'm not 100% sure. If that is a male flower growing there near female flowers then what you have there is a hermie or a plant with both male and female flowers. Hermies are generally thought of as undesirable as their trait to turn hermie is passed on to the seeds. On the good side though, any seed produced from a hermie should be feminized since no true male genetics were involved.

Hermies generally happen as a plant's expression to stress, given the apparent history of the plant in question it's not all that surprising that the plant went hermie. As far as running an indoor garden, if you got other plants going that are definately females then you should get rid of any hermies as soon as you've identified them, unless you're deliberately trying to make feminized seeds. If it's all you got you can continue to grow it out if you want the smoke but depending on you much goes male it might not yield much worth smoking.

If pollination from hermie happens by accident, then... shit haps and nothing to do about it, but breeding with hermie and knowing it, sounds not good idea. You don't want have seeds, that sure are female, but have random count of balls during their lifecycle. My last grow was with hermie seeds and it was stressing to check all plants daily to remove balls manually. After I removed balls, then there was no problems.

norwegian

Ok people, i give up this breeding. :dunno:
I will buy some "stitch" or Mdanzig stuff in June,then.
Or both,i guess it will be Sour 60 and Onyx or Mi5…
Some crosses with Sour60&Onyx could be very interesting!

My goal is, as many other guys from above 55North , to breed that
Huge early mold ressistant heavy-yielding stinky Auto MONSTER!
( And never never ever have to buy seeds again....sigh )

Thanks for the input all of you,

ARCTICSUN ; Thanks for stoppin by… Quote:
"cool thread bro, ill be watching"

Make shure you´ll be watching tonite - pics update! "The late Friday show"
:dance013::dance013::dance013::dance013::dance013::dance013:

Latest posts

Latest posts