What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

MDZ Blue Streak/Sour 60 and the Chamber of secrets

H

hisser

UPDATE:

High all this is day 1 after inserting the seeds into the pots.
It's been around 40 hours and no signs of sprouts yet, but I'll start worrying after 4-7 days (estimated time without pre-cracking), honestly I'm not sure how fast blue streak should sprout in such a place, Temperature is ranging from 23C to 28C (73F to 82F) and 50% to 65% humidity throughout the whole day.

I'm spraying the medium around 4-5 times a day to keep it moist.

Note: The automatic alternate power source worked like a charm!

Note 2: I forgot to tell you that you most probably should remove the beeping speaker from the UPS PCB for more stealth, its a circular black thing with a small hole on top, simply unsolder it, here's how it looks like:

motherboardupsspeaker.gif

Feeding schedule and dosage:

Medium is Coco Coir + 30%-40% perlite.

pH of water: about 5.9 to 6.0

First & Second Week Dosage:
Plain water at 6.0 pH

Third week:
0.5 Tsp per gallon of Miracle-Gro Tomato Food + a drop of superthrive with every feeding
Half a tsp per Gallon of Carob molasses + a drop of superthrive thru foliar feeding

Note: only In case pre-flowers appear, I'll start giving superthrive
Note 2: I'll pick up the strongest female and spray it with colloidal silver for 14 days in order to produce feminized pollen.

Fourth Week thru 9th-10th:
0.5 tsp/gallon per day of Miracle-Gro Bloom booster, included: 30% of Miracle-Gro Tomato Food.
a drop of superthrive per galon/4liters every day
Half a tsp per Gallon of Carob molasses + superthrive thru foliar feeding

Note
: I'll raise the dosage gradually throughout the days.

last Week:
Flushing time! I'm planning to do this for 7 days, Since miracle-gro is famous with its bad taste and fireworks... and I have sensitive lungs, Also I'll be flushing every week from the start too and see how well that goes, I'm planning to use molasses to flush too. if you think I should flush more or less please inform me.

Cheers!

Last edited:
H

hisser

First sprout, After 3 days only without pre-cracking, look how beautiful it is 8D

dsc07421.jpg

waiting for the remaining 3

H

hisser

UPDATE:

All seeds germinated and turned into seedlings successfully in about 3 days, without pre-soaking/pre-cracking! Great stuff mdanzig!

some pics of the new born babies:

H

hisser

CFL upgrade

CFL upgrade

I replaced the spiral CFL's with tulip shaped ones 125W each with 6400K day light, total now is 355W, flower shaped CFL included, do you think they would be good too for flowering? Do 2700K lamps really give better results for flowering? I'm planning to make a mix of both types after 3rd week or so.

H

hisser

UPDATE:

Greets, A week has passed, and I faced a couple of problems, the fan was damn noisy I had to make a ghetto muffler, second problem I faced is what I think is sulfur deficiency, leaves were getting yellow from the bottom to the tips, growth was a bit stunned too, Since my water and miracle-gro tomato food does not contain sulfur, I started adding a tsp of epsom salt per gallon 2 days ago, things are getting a bit better I guess, anyways, here are some pictures of how they look after 7 days of life:

If anyone knows what the problem is, then please advice.

Cheers.

Seedling

UPDATE:

Greets, A week has passed, and I faced a couple of problems, the fan was damn noisy I had to make a ghetto muffler, second problem I faced is what I think is sulfur deficiency, leaves were getting yellow from the bottom to the tips, growth was a bit stunned too, Since my water and miracle-gro tomato food does not contain sulfur, I started adding a tsp of epsom salt per gallon 2 days ago, things are getting a bit better I guess, anyways, here are some pictures of how they look after 7 days of life:

If anyone knows what the problem is, then please advice.

Cheers.

Hmmmm, could easily be sulfur def, I my self had that problem with my last grow, epsom salts solved it. The only thing that I find weird is that it shouldn't be a problem when the plant are that young. How close are your lights to the plants?, could maybe be light bleach?? Try to rise the lights and see if it helps. Its only a thought but might be worth a try mate.

Good luck with everything.

//S

H

hisser

Hmmmm, could easily be sulfur def, I my self had that problem with my last grow, epsom salts solved it. The only thing that I find weird is that it shouldn't be a problem when the plant are that young. How close are your lights to the plants?, could maybe be light bleach?? Try to rise the lights and see if it helps. Its only a thought but might be worth a try mate.

Good luck with everything.

//S

hey buddy, the CFL's are 4" (10cm) away from the plants, I think it's neither the lights nor sulfur, I made a mistake and started feeding them nutes too early, I'm going to feed them with plain water from now on until the cotyledons start dying, I hope they will survive :flu::frown: live and learn!

Cheers.

Flying Goat

Slowly but surely, Hisser. Each seed contains enough nutrient to see the sprout through its first 2 weeks or so of growth.

I suspect magnesium deficiency, also easily solved by Epsom salts. Wonderful stuff.

I'm here lurking & watching. Wishing you luck for a fantastic grow!

Cheers.

H

hisser

Slowly but surely, Hisser. Each seed contains enough nutrient to see the sprout through its first 2 weeks or so of growth.

I suspect magnesium deficiency, also easily solved by Epsom salts. Wonderful stuff.

I'm here lurking & watching. Wishing you luck for a fantastic grow!

Cheers.

Thanks! yea Epsom salt is great cheap stuff, rich in sulfur, magnesium and oxygen.

Welcome aboard Flying Goat!

H

hisser

Hi, 3 out of 4 plants recovered from the nute burn, tomorow I'll take close-up hi-res pictures (they'll be 2 weeks old).

I updated the chamber and added 2 120mm DC fans on each side to make the babies more happy.

The three containers on top of the pots contain water + perlite to keep humidity bearable.

Cheers!

H

hisser

Oh boy! here comes the week 2 update!

Plant #1:
dsc07493l.jpg

dsc07492s.jpg

dsc07491u.jpg

Plant #2:
dsc07495.jpg

dsc07494a.jpg

Plant #3:
dsc07498u.jpg

dsc07497.jpg

dsc07496g.jpg

Plant #4:
dsc07501kg.jpg

dsc07500.jpg

dsc07499.jpg

dsc07498u.jpg

Apart from the nute burn aftermath, is the growth too stunned? I mean do they look okay for 2 weeks old?

Over and out.

H

hisser

WEEK 3

WEEK 3

WEEK 3 UPDATE:

hi4u all, here comes the third week in the chamber of secrets.

First of all the group hug pic:

dsc07540.jpg

PLANT #1:

dsc07543l.jpg

dsc07516m.jpg

dsc07519e.jpg

dsc07517.jpg

dsc07521e.jpg

PLANT #2:

dsc07542.jpg

dsc07510nw.jpg

dsc07514p.jpg

dsc07513b.jpg

dsc07512v.jpg

PLANT #3:

dsc07545n.jpg

dsc07533n.jpg

dsc07532.jpg

dsc07530.jpg

PLANT #4:

dsc07544t.jpg

dsc07524.jpg

dsc07528d.jpg

dsc07526l.jpg

dsc07525k.jpg

That's about it, I guess I can only see just plant #3 with pre-flowers, still not sure if it's a female or a male, gonna wait a couple of days to make sure. Clearly the nute burn is a bad thing, I'll never do it again :hide:, growth got stunned from what I'm looking at :watchplant: or all of them might be the micro-pheno type (master low?) if that's the case, do you think I should do the seed run on these? or keep it for different pheno-types (in another grow later on)? :dunno: I have to decide this week since I don't have much time left, seeds need 40 days to mature from what I know, unless there's something different with Auto flowers on this subject? comments will be greatly appreciated!

Cheers.

C

ChynaRyder

Looks like you are on the right track now...I would not be worried about these being dwarf phenos or anything that would preclude breeding with...actually, if you dont beat them up anymore they may do quite well. :smokeit: You will be surprised at the explosion of growth after sexing. Encourage and feed that growth, but with great control.

Keep doing what you have been doing for the last week or so, and you are gonna have a nice little stash of great bud. Good luck.

darksoul2001ro

Hello hisser, hello growers & tokers.
First of all i like to tell you how much i apreciate the every week photos of the beautifull herb. I have a couple of questions if i may.
What growing soils is this "Coco + perlite" what it contains exactly, and how much nutrient with water do you feed your plants, how much 8-8-8 it contains. What does those white pots contain?
I just received 10 MDZ Blue Streak, and i want to grow them to get big bud, and i was thinking 24/7 with 200W HPS. What do you think about that. Thanks & keep up the good grow!

Flying Goat

Progress looks great, Hisser... Keep us informed (especially the pix).

BTW, I'm "stealing" your cabinet design to build one for my daughter-inlaw...

H

hisser

@ChynaRyder

I certainly hope I am :D what i've been doing simply is not feeding anything except water, with a bit of epsom salt thru foliar feeding, except for #2 who lost its cotydelons I've been giving it micro doses, hopefully growth will explode especially that i'm gonna use SuperThrive after plants show sex.

@darksoul2001ro

"coco + perlite" means coco choir + 20-30% of perlite, that is the white stuff, it prevents water loss and makes the soil more fluffy, there's no nutrients at all in this soil-less mix, you have to deliver everything thru water, how much I use is only 1/4 of the recommended dosage of miracle-gro since I learned blue streak is a bit sensitive to nutes. HPS are great if used correctly, same goes for everything! you should spend some time on the forums and read some guides and tutorials, there's tons of them about EVERYTHING, best of luck!

@Flying Goat

I'm glad ur gonna use the design! if u need any help or more pics please tell me

Bighill

could have just been the soil stayed wet too long... I had that issue with a couple non auto's when i moved to 2gal grow bags. They sat wet for far too long.

Looking good now though.
BH.

Latest posts

Latest posts