What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

My secrets of success with True AFs.

• Thread starter IceColdCrickets
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

dkmonk

Why do you say not to use superthrive until after sexing?

I thought superthrive (of course in small amounts) was meant for all stages of growth.

I

IceColdCrickets

Why do you say not to use superthrive until after sexing?

I thought superthrive (of course in small amounts) was meant for all stages of growth.

super thrive has been linked to more males showing if use before sexing!! It seems that it stresses the plant's sexual representation. I found this link a long time ago with my AF breeding project. It is unknown how it effects FEM seeds, as I have NO desire to find out, it is just best to use only after sexing/preflowering.

marijuana

My own creation, been working on it for a long time 5 yrs now,, look at my gallery. It is LR ,, backcross to NL#2. I was trying to make a more NL dominant plant and give it much more flavor and potency then the Original LR, it was my first project with AFs. Now almost done,, should have taken a much shorter time to produce but you know how things go with moving and what not. She is one sexy lady I will do a run of her soon, you know what ,, i will start it in a day or 2, you got me motivated.

I see someone has a strain called Poison Dwarf available,, it looks like they share common heritage,, it has nothing to do with mine, or at least i hope it doesn't... I gave out some seeds a long time ago, F1s and F2s back on HB.net... oh well whop knows. All i know is mine is good, i might share one day.

ICC.:joint:

that sounds ill, any specific NL strain? Those pics look nice, straight up Frosted. How is she turning out in terms of bringing out the NL phenotypes? There hasn't been NL around here in a long time, at least two years! I miss that spicy nug engulfed in long red hairs. you should do a write up on her and her next generation, would love to see how they turn out. :bandit:

Rose56

This thread should be made into a sticky. I wish I had know about superthrive a couple of weeks ago because I ended up with higher precentage of males this time around.

mdanzig

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I will be posting a thread later tonight shwing all of my transplant ideas that I currently use. Sorry I havent posted much lately, ofcourse with it being summer and all, Im a little less indoors. Anyways my Sour 60 grow is coming along nicely and soon Gypsy will be the only one to carry them. Cool thread, and Lowasis was very good, at least what I grew was.

DIRT DIGGLER

Lot's of good info,Great thread thanks ICC.

And thanks MD on the head's up, I'll keep some cash on hand in anticipation.

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Updated 1st post

Thanks for the update.

When you make these posts, could you reference what was updated in the first post?

Since it's getting longer and more detailed, it's getting harder to tell what's been updated when you do update it.

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Organic TEA: Using Fox Farm Peace Of Mind Fruit and Flower ( 5-8-4 ).
This is one of the easiest ways to make an organic based TEA, that is like giving your AF plants steriods. You will see incresed growth after the first 24 hours. I make this TEA again using the Fox Farm Peace Of Mind Fruit and Flower ( 5-8-4 ). This form of grow is considered in my eyes slightly HOT and is strain dependent, so adjust where needed. After one run you can dial it in to each specific strain you use. Feedings with this TEA are very easy and and go in 2 week intervals,, The First Feeding starts on day 7-10, 17-21(sexing), 28 (pre-mid flowering), 42 (flowering), 56 (Ripening), Flush, Harvest.

Just want to clarify something.

When you list day 7-10 and 17-21 you mean pick one day in those ranges and feed with the tea water on that day, don't you?

I hoping you don't mean we should feed them tea for 4 or 5 days straight do you?

I

IceColdCrickets

Just want to clarify something.

When you list day 7-10 and 17-21 you mean pick one day in those ranges and feed with the tea water on that day, don't you?

I hoping you don't mean we should feed them tea for 4 or 5 days straight do you?

Ya I will edit that to be more clear,, it is 1 time feeding. pick one day, the variation is there due to how your plants grow and the demands of each strain is different. If you think they are growing ok and dont need food wait until the last day on each feeding that way you have a nice spread between feedings... If your strain is a heavy feeder watch it and feed when you think it needs it.

How is yours going??? Really intrested in seing what you got... what is your setup ,, lights and such?

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
How is yours going??? Really intrested in seing what you got... what is your setup ,, lights and such?

Well I have a JEM going that isn't using your method, so I'll kinda have something to compare them too.

The ones I just started and will be running with your method, are alive. I'm still deciding how and where to run them, but for now they are under cfls.

I

IceColdCrickets

Hey blynx, how are your new JEMS going?

Also, going to update with new pics tonight, this is the first run with LR#2 under the flouors, they stretched a lot more then normal some ,plants had to be bent over to stay under the lights. Yield is only average,, LR#2 requires more light then the flouoros can provide for flowering, they love them in VEG!. Some plants are 25 inches tall, average is 19 inches. Very resinous now, and smells of sweet skunky weed, smell is about a 7 out of 10 in stinkiness, it does require oder control.

Look for the new pics on Post 1.

I will be doing another 400watt SOG with WhiteWizard and JEMS, for much better pics to put on this little thing. Show the real potencial of AFs, when grown correctly.

ICC.

Kuroth

Hi I had a quick question for ICC(IceColdCrickets)

I have never used but read in several places that Fox Farm Ocean Forest Potting normally has enough Nutes in it for about the first month but you say to start the peace of mind Tea at about week 2? Just want to make sure i understand as I am going to try and follow your plan..

Thanks!

I

IceColdCrickets

Hi I had a quick question for ICC(IceColdCrickets)

I have never used but read in several places that Fox Farm Ocean Forest Potting normally has enough Nutes in it for about the first month but you say to start the peace of mind Tea at about week 2? Just want to make sure i understand as I am going to try and follow your plan..

Thanks!

Yes, use the TEA after 2 weeks. There is a little bit of newts in the Ocean Forest soil mix but it doesnt meet all the requirements of cannabis after the first few weeks.

ICC.

Pot Pimp

Great info and advice here. I've used FF soils and they are awesome. I do hydro mostly but this is still great stuff to know.

I

IceColdCrickets

UPDATE read 1st post, added results and pictures of the LR#2. I also added some stuff about Mg and Ca demanding plants.

Like I said before these where done under only 4 x 40 watt flouros so in that aspect they are doing far better then normal, Expect a MUCH HIGHER yield from HID lights. read the update it explains.

ICC :smoke:

Kuroth

UPDATE read 1st post, added results and pictures of the LR#2. I also added some stuff about Mg and Ca demanding plants.

Like I said before these where done under only 4 x 40 watt flouros so in that aspect they are doing far better then normal, Expect a MUCH HIGHER yield from HID lights. read the update it explains.

ICC :smoke:

Thanks for your continued update of this great Info...

krazycure

I don't think you can taste the difference if you flush or not. Let the plants feast until chop. ;)

This has always been my thoughts as well. Unless you OVER-ferted at some point, a plant should taste fine properly dried and cured if you fed right up until harvest. That's always been my experience.

I

IceColdCrickets

If you have never had Organic grown and flushed buds,, its the best taste on Earth my friends, FAR different then Non Flushed weed.

Leviathan

beyound even taste we should all be doing a good flush as if im right the cancer from smoking epidemic didnt even arrive until tobacco started to get grown chemically as opposed to organically and when u smoke it the metals from the fertz get into your system and reek havoc on your health, i think cannabis is no differant in this aspect, give me some flavour or zero flavour but keep the harsh improperly flushed weed away but for once in a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.