What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Potassium Silicate application rate

G

Hi growers.

I have Potassium Silicate
Analysis w/v
Total potassium K as silicate 15.3%
Silicon Si 17.3%
SG 1.4
pH 11.3-12.3

At what rate would you add this to your nutrient solution in mls/liter?
Im in coco.

Thank you

G

Hi troutman. Thanks for the reply

Its not a 'cannabis industry' product so it doesn't really have those instructions. That information is for foliar feeds.
I used to use it at 7.5ml/10L I think but I can't remember, I think I got that off scaling it to dyno grow Silica instructions, as this particular silicate is more concentrated then others, about 3X.
The other thing is I don't think you can overdose plants with silicate so it doesnt have to be too exact.

W

Whoscottgreen

i read a thread on here somewhere that stated 60ppm of silica. with your concentration thats 3.5ml per 10 litre. its a strong alkaline so you'll need to watch your pH. humic acid is a good chelator for K Si. good foliar product as well.