What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Should i be worried?

SpritLuder

400w magnetic ballast, hot to the touch 80c maybe and looked like this today.

Attachments

• icmag.jpg
    icmag.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 112

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
You have a problem there...
Something is causing it to overheat...Could be as simple as a fixable short.
Could be non-repairable..

STOP using it now...
If you have an electrical or electronic background, open it up and see if you can find a simple fix...

If not, have an experienced electrician check it out before you try using it again....

Last thing you wanna do is start an electrical fire...:tiphat:

LmSmokey

Yeah you should be happy you don't have a fire on your hands. Don't use that.

Also if showing to an electrician, fix the exposed copper first or they'll give you a smack in the mouth.

SpritLuder

That's not normal.

You have a problem there...
Something is causing it to overheat...Could be as simple as a fixable short.
Could be non-repairable..

STOP using it now...
If you have an electrical or electronic background, open it up and see if you can find a simple fix...

If not, have an experienced electrician check it out before you try using it again....

Last thing you wanna do is start an electrical fire...:tiphat:

Yeah, I unplugged it the second I saw that.
The problem is I only have some weakass LED to replace it with and all my flower is in the first day of week 3 pollinated. So I need like at least 1 more week pref 2-3.
And no way the growshop can send a replacement that fast.

Yeah you should be happy you don't have a fire on your hands. Don't use that.

Also if showing to an electrician, fix the exposed copper first or they'll give you a smack in the mouth.
LOL yeah, the problem is in my contry its worse to grow weed then to rape someone.:angrymod: So I'm pretty much on my own here.

Going to give it a look to see if there is a obvious fix. Else the growshop will get a angry letter from me LOL.

Thanks for the help guys!!

LmSmokey

Yeah, I unplugged it the second I saw that.
The problem is I only have some weakass LED to replace it with and all my flower is in the first day of week 3 pollinated. So I need like at least 1 more week pref 2-3.
And no way the growshop can send a replacement that fast.

LOL yeah, the problem is in my contry its worse to grow weed then to rape someone.:angrymod: So I'm pretty much on my own here.

Going to give it a look to see if there is a obvious fix. Else the growshop will get a angry letter from me LOL.

Thanks for the help guys!!
Quickest solution if probably going to local hardware and picking up some T5 lights.

Also you might want to invest in one of these for anxiety reduction https://www.amazon.co.uk/AFO-Extinguisher-Automatic-suppression-Self-activation/dp/B078NW8DBS/

It's basically a fire extinguisher but instead of it being sprayed out there's explosive in it that goes of if flame touches it, and then it explodes shooting it's load everywhere ;) I like them because they literally only goes of if there's actual flame. https://vimeo.com/260216869

SpritLuder

Quickest solution if probably going to local hardware and picking up some T5 lights.

Also you might want to invest in one of these for anxiety reduction https://www.amazon.co.uk/AFO-Extinguisher-Automatic-suppression-Self-activation/dp/B078NW8DBS/

It's basically a fire extinguisher but instead of it being sprayed out there's explosive in it that goes of if flame touches it, and then it explodes shooting it's load everywhere ;) I like them because they literally only goes of if there's actual flame. https://vimeo.com/260216869

Yeah, going to see whats available nearby me. Hopefully I can find me some T5 lights.

I think I need some kind of "fail safe" in the future, because this made me a little uncomfortable.
That fire-ball thingie is dope! Might just get me one of them!

LmSmokey

Yeah, going to see whats available nearby me. Hopefully I can find me some T5 lights.

I think I need some kind of "fail safe" in the future, because this made me a little uncomfortable.
That fire-ball thingie is dope! Might just get me one of them!
Yeah, those are a clones of the real product so it's cheaper too, but it's literally exactly the same product. It doesn't hurt to have one lying in your tent/room, it's a cheap thing you just toss in and then you never have to care about it for 5 years.

Here's a vid where they test both the original and clone and they do the same thing, it's just a styrofoam ball full of powder with an explosive in the middle and a fuse covering the outside of the ball.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCRJSJPYy2A

There's normal extinguisher with temperature releases you can hang too, but I don't want an accident where I bump a lamp or something against it and it decides to go off.