What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

John Lennon's Birthday

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
..... Lennon made his mark on the world. Many people are looking back on history and seeing people in a different light. Lennon had some serious flaws. Lennon was not a hero. He was a great musician though. So he was an icon.

.... Lennon was 'everyman' at the time, one of 'us', mixed-up and confused, just searching for answers .... but he made us think!

:laughing: ...... and let's be honest, a lot of his transgressions can easily be blamed on yoko and 'the bad stuff' under her evil influence!:tiphat:

Hermanthegerman

Know your rights
Veteran
So many Memorys about Lennon and the Beatles, is it worth a thread?

One funny thing about a 12 year old german Boy, but more McCartney or Julian.

My 12th Birthday, mom and grandma in the kitchen, little Herman without own record Player, in the Living room. Had become for birthday the blue double Album and didn´t understand why they called a song "Hey Jude"? That means in german "Hey jew". I think I needed years to understand. :biggrin:

Hermanthegerman

Know your rights
Veteran
And we shouldn´t forget that he was a long time a drunk and/or drug adict. Not so good for a family father also. On this Picture he was stoned to the bone I am sure. :)

picture.php

B

Bird~friend

'ELLO HERman. Rather. . . Heaven HiGH! :jump: (y'all look up Dont you! (-:) .
What ever you desire :yes: (mrrr NASA :D ... Deep Space, "PROBING" .. ill talk about this Ltr lol. ...NoW TimothY! NowW... :-D i will just say " what if/WHEN Hubble - Hubble nO2 pics up Sight "of a Flag" "oH Say Can UC - " n " SuCKerSSs(!)

. Gotta save this & stop,

but yes ----------- )-: pft the words to that song are IncorrecT, Simply DONT Imagine such Things. REGARDLESS of (the sad) Song Arrangement. Norr Sadness of "loved ones" an Scenarios etc. ..........That be if they are Demmining[!] (spell checker looks inaccurate too. DE- MEANING.(Simple eyh ^ :-D .Too your Interpratation of Course :tiphat:) <--- the "arrangements" "messed up" here too! Is The arrow now Void! lol.? ARROW UP i mean. (ooWHhh was Poiting to the D of Demm') .We-like-games-precious!!!!

You know God Talks to us through us. [Like-Company,ALSO.] BreWW! "... Some of these Sayings are very good y'know"

Just saying. . .Often say what ppl are thinking/Have thought of. Lol (I suppose.

---
BIG Yea tho Beatles The Beatles often gave an endearing Sound /FEELING :-D

we all live in a yellow submarine,and i wanna hold your hand were cool.They were the first "me" remembers
(...LucYiNthe.SkYwith DiAMonds :-D )

When Iye Get that SomEThin ...

BTW (lol)
https://youtu.be/gi3Xt3Yjk14

Ladys: https://youtu.be/papuvlVeZg8
https://youtu.be/d73tiBBzvFM
https://youtu.be/Bcf5kzBCdy4

https://youtu.be/v0NSeysrDYw

:Thx for the Rep Chaps.
(Remember to Click the "x" link - 45° direction from Yoda's ear isI' ? (FIRST) . If listening to links , just saying.
"Play banjo here" Dust kicker! :-D. (Ltr..)

Lol.

Links are being Edited.
. Etc.
TanIto (-; .

Last edited:
T

Teddybrae

Say you want a Revolution? Then get it on right away.

Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans.

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful boy ...

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
Does anybody else have that one relative who comes home to see the family once a year who decides that love and happiness are bullshit and proceed to shit on anybody's peace and goodwill?

Sometimes this place feels like home.

I wonder what the fuck is wrong with people like that... but I don't have to wonder what's wrong with society.

It's the 'fuck your feelings' crowd, what do you expect?

Hermanthegerman

Know your rights
Veteran
That was a surprising moment in the movie YESTERDAY, as Lennon opened the door!

In the Moment i am Hearing a lot of BEATLES Music. The first time as a kid, i was hearing mostly the BEATLES before i was old enough or got a little bit more Money for LPs of other Bands.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
First song I ever remember was my Mum singing to me - 'She Loves You (yeah-yeah-yeah)'

- then she bought the 45 and a Beatles Album - and played that all day on a record player - so I guess that I was indoctrinated in Beatles music from an early age - but don't feel any the worse for it - lol

Great Tunes!

Hermanthegerman

Know your rights
Veteran
Hello Gipsy, well, i was so Young, i didn´t speak one word english! As you wrote about "She loves You", i remember that i understand "kee lauk you". And as i get the Blue Double Album to my 10th or 11th Birthday, i wondered, why the Beatles sing about Jews (Hey Jude).:biggrin: But over the years i learned a lot of english from the Beatles.:)

Well said, i was indoctrinated by the Beatles also a lot.

Latest posts

Latest posts