What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mail-order MJ still dangerous?

dddaver

Veteran
Not that I would do it anyway. I grow my own. But I was curious. Given all the states that have gone rec now, and Canada going legal in an another month (from today actually. Congrats!). I was wondering if it's still as dangerous to order MJ in the mail. Might be cool to test those strains you might wanna grow out.

Mr. Greengenes

Re-incarnated Senior Member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've never ordered flower online either, but I frequent reddit subs on cannabis. Almost the opposite of ICMag, reddit seems to have more consumers than growers and industry players. In the past year or so, I've heard quite a few references to online flower purchases. It is definitely picking up, and fast. I don't know whether I'd deem it 'safe' or not, but at some point you'd at least be flying under the radar.

Hashishh

It's how I've bought my bud since 2010. Here in Canada they're unable to search domestic mail without a warrant, which is difficult to get in the first place. And as long as you're not purchasing more than personal amounts it's quite safe.

dddaver

Veteran
Yeah, I've seen it in Canada. But I was wondering in US. Maybe within legal states like Colo., Cali., or Maine? Certainly not Florida.

packerfan79

Veteran
I know people who mail weed, wax, edibles, and clones all over the country. It's a person to person thing not online ordering.

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I carry small amounts for personal use through all the time. TSA is looking for bombs, not drugs.

I've brought back more than personal amounts. :biggrin:

In my carry on no less. People think I'm nuts. But I've never even been looked at twice.

Not pounds of flower mind you. But quite a bit of concentrate has come back with me on more than one occasion.

One of the advantages of flying a lot for work. I noticed things quite a while ago and took advantage.

First guy you run into at security looks at your DL and logs in your boarding pass. Next TSA agents you see don't know who you are or where you're going. You could be flying from southern CA to northern CA, or CO, or WA, or OR, or anywhere else where it is legal. And that's the last time anyone looks into your carry on stuff unless you show someone after the security checkpoint. As long as you're not carrying weapons or bombs, they don't give 2 shits if you're carrying several thousand dollars worth of concentrate, or flower, or pen carts, or edibles, or whatever.

Now you'd more than likely end up in federal pound me in the ass prison if you tried that with H or Ecstasy or Coke. But Cannabis? Shiieett. Only Jeff Sessions and his ilk care one whit about it. And they aren't searching luggage at LAX.

oti$

I know w plenty of peeps who receive mail with no issues. From what I'm told, usually it's a postal worker snagging packages if one doesn't make it through. I've also been told that they just sieze packages similar to how customs does it and you'll receive an empty box with a sticker saying the package contained contraband and was confiscated. I don't think they go too far into an investigation unless it's a huge shipment. This is all second hand info from a family member who buys from the dark net regularly.

Hashishh

I know w plenty of peeps who receive mail with no issues. From what I'm told, usually it's a postal worker snagging packages if one doesn't make it through. I've also been told that they just sieze packages similar to how customs does it and you'll receive an empty box with a sticker saying the package contained contraband and was confiscated. I don't think they go too far into an investigation unless it's a huge shipment. This is all second hand info from a family member who buys from the dark net regularly.

That's how customs work in the US? Shit here they seize it and send you a letter saying if you want to claim it and dispute it you call them at x number.

Does US postage actually look for drugs?

shithawk420

Veteran
People do it all the time but it's still a federal offense.ive done it but I don't encourage other people to do it unless you understand the consequences.we are talking a whole new ball game when you ship it.

Hort1

Are you guys saying your own government can just randomly open your mail any time they want
? Crazy violation of basic human rights in my view

Brother Nature

I don't think they're saying that, but with 'probable cause' cops con do anything, in most countries. It's good we're not in the Philippines, they can simple murder you on suspicion

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That's how customs work in the US? Shit here they seize it and send you a letter saying if you want to claim it and dispute it you call them at x number.

Does US postage actually look for drugs?

Not without a warrant!

A few cops got busted opening mail in Portland Oregon a couple years ago and that put the hiatus on illegal mail searches.

Klompen

I've always wanted to order some things off of the Dark Web, but getting contraband shipped to my address(especially in my name) freaks me out.

St. Phatty

I've brought back more than personal amounts. :biggrin:

In my carry on no less. People think I'm nuts. But I've never even been looked at twice.

Not pounds of flower mind you. But quite a bit of concentrate has come back with me on more than one occasion.

One of the advantages of flying a lot for work. I noticed things quite a while ago and took advantage.

Once I wore a ski parka and carried 5 oz. on a Southwest Airlines flight.

Decades ago.

"Hey who's that fat man that smells like a skunk ?"

More than anything, it was fun.

dddaver

Veteran
I don't even know how to access the dark web. Silk road was easy. I don't think I'd order anything but I imagine it's fun to look at.

Badfishy1

I've always wanted to order some things off of the Dark Web, but getting contraband shipped to my address(especially in my name) freaks me out.

Just remember most exit nodes are gov operated now.... think Silk Road... however, what is the likeliness of them fucking with small orders? I don’t know that. Guess it all comes down to are you a gambling man?

shithawk420

Veteran

You should see the mystery boxes on YouTube.they get all kinds of wierd shit.i wouldn't trust the dark web.dont know if they are fake but it's entertaining.
Like a box of chocolates you never know what your gonna get! Lol