What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A World On A String

T

THE PABLOS

Progressive Perpetual Pathways.....growing the canna plants as annuals....no clones.....breed via partial pollinations as I go....down the generation lines and through outcrosses. Wide open at all times.

Todays harvest....includes a couple of true F1s.....Afghan Haze...a pheno definitely under the influence of the Afghani with it's quick finish X of 63daze....you will also note some Haze influence in structure.

Crown of buds...Original Haze X Skunk #1.....very Hazy...fluffy.....yet I pulled her at day 79.....very well flushed and starting to bitch with a few nanner clusters.

Trained stalk.....heavily trained in veg and in flower....zip tied to a large tomato cage....kept at about 3' from coco surface to the crown top.

Being released from bondage... cut up....into a grocery bag

All the plants I'm showing here caught some rouge pollen....the last bunch of plants I've harvested all had a dozen or so beans....these will be the same....couple seed pods on the OH

This is a nice Porpoise Head= Casey Jones x HM x BB X Cindy Jones (Casey Jones X H3ad's C99BX) harvested at day 71. I really like this cross and this pheno. I've smoked an earlier harvested pheno....very nice sativa head. I have another pheno coming up on flush.....that one is very Casey and just blasting....I'll post her up later.

This is pretty much every week....always different....some crash some raise the bar. I live and select off gut instinct....I randomly murder plants all the time....for no reason at all. That's how I do it....no rules...the only goals....seeing what hasn't been seen....follow the rabbit....never go back.

I'll post all the chaos and show you my path as I go.

My Albums are open....feel free to look.

bloyd

Veteran
I always enjoy seeing what becomes of your madness the Pablos. Love the crazy training on the oh x sk. Do let us know how she smokes. Was this your red sap girl?

pearlemae

May your race always be in your favor
Veteran
Awesome pictures, crazy what you did with the stalk. I'll be watching for whats next.

T

THE PABLOS

Bloyd....yes that is the Red Sapper....I'm in love with that one....my mountain running weed she was grown to be. I don't think I will find hay in that one. The dust she was hit with (by accident) was either Elephant Head (Ace's Congo X Cindy Jones) inter sex dust (as 3 of 4 phenos were prone)....or my Prune Juice (Querkle X Grape Krush) male...he released a cluster before I exiled him. I'll probably try a few beans out....if she turns into what I think she is....just to find something similar to her again.

Setting this up....Sam's OH x Sk1 X TH x Sk1.....here they are....male Thai on the left....the female OH topped and being trained like the Red Sapper.....I'll pollinate her heavily....and the rest of the dust spread liberally around my studio....if all works out....should be done by Nov.

More males....1 CBF's Strawberry Hill
2 Highlighter's Golden Tiger X A11

Appropriate females are in the flower room....2 of each.....nice ones. Same thing incrosses and outcrosses....I'll catalog the genetics in several different recombos and down the lines. I believe outcrosses are essential for infusions....to stand up against bottle necks. I've never been interested in creating a line or staying inside an IBL too long. For one it is boring and for two....doesn't seem progressive.....though I understand and respect that discipline...it is not for me.

Some new germs...2nd 1/2 of my Afghan Haze breeder's pac. I'll say it here again....I'll grow anything the boys from Mr. Nice release....great breeding...reliable foundation genetics....I'll try to get the incross done and spread some dust around...if I get the plants. The F1 AH are very interesting....I feel the F2 are where it's at....in just about anything....THE GENERATION to get to work.

I will be giving certain breeders their due respect and kudos when I see fit.....there are many who have helped me through their work. No one gets here by themselves...all ego aside. If you see certain breeders constantly in my madness....it is telling of my respect for them...that I continue to use their genetics. I will not intend it as any spam.

T

THE PABLOS

Shit forgot the picture...

Shit forgot the picture...

Here's the Strawberry Hill and GT X A11 males...in exile

More Haze hybrids and a batch of various indica hybrids on the immediate harvest horizon....I've been smoking me some Hazeolope and some Sweet Milk (H3ad's Gumblebum X LUI)......very nice stuff. I have another Hazeolope flushing hard....and Sweet Milks in veg to incross....and outcross to Highlighter's Honey White BX1. Bunch of different shit.

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:D

Finally! Now I don't have to go thru mad scrambles thru various forums to keep track of what you're up to!
Consider me here, :lurk: and as soon as I post, I'll be subscribed.

Please link this thread in your sig as well. ;)

Love seeing you tear down that OH x Sk1, seeing the skeletal remains
to all that bondage was way cool! :good:

Really looking forward to the upcoming stuff and the alternate routes you take. Exciting stuff breaking away from clones, I salute you. :tiphat:
This thread's been along time coming, so happy it's here! :woohoo:

(nice one on the Neil cop)

Reactions: ost
T

THE PABLOS

..."it's just a game you see me play...only real in the way that I feel from day to day...."

When my shit goes south....I listen to the Tonight album and I realize that there is great soul in this world. I fucking weep...it's that good. Neil Young is a great man.

I've been wanting to let loose....going for it....I'm going to push my abilities. I'll let the words of that Canadian man lead me in. I knew you'd be on it HL.

Ulysses

Pablos,

My continuing kudos... You are working hard man! I love the Afghan Haze f2 idea- pure classic. Hope you'll follow up with a brief smoke report when you have the time...

You are rocking so many strains, I can hardly keep up!

Lookin' good as usual, too.

DrPoison

POISON GENETICS.
ICMag Donor
Where does he find the time? :dunno:
So many strains running at once and now another interesting thread filled w/ chaos and pollen flying everywhere! :greenstars:
Will be watching your journey through the unknown PABLOS.?.?.
Keep up the good work my friend!:friends:

I am patiently awaiting the end of this outdoor season. I am also working on a few new hybrids and should have some seeds ready for the Bay this October. Current females include Black Rose - both CherryAK and PurpleShivaSkunk phenos (Heath), my A11LHC99 x ELEbx1/ChemDbx2 and PoisonSourSavers (SourBubblebx3 x LifeSaverf2), SLH (GHS), ChronicsRevengeII x Apollo11, CCI (Cash Cropper Indica) gifted by native grower on my last trip to Mexico), and a few SourD/Skunk Myst3ry phenos. Currently selecting males from lot of LieuHanh (NevillesHaze x Vietnamese), CaseyJones f2, SSSDH x G13Haze, F13, O.Haze x Skunk1, and BlazingCindy. Should make for some interesting hybrids.
So many seeds...so little time!

DrPoison :laughing:

Reactions: ost
T

THE PABLOS

On the Beach now.....we still did the best we could lol..

On the Beach now.....we still did the best we could lol..

Ulysses..."Father" of all my threads....the man that let me post in his thread. Always good to have you drop in my friend. Makes me feel good. thanks dude.

Dr. P.......yes it is a complicated and time consuming way of travel....I'll admit there are some serious pit falls. I've found you have to have faith and let the plants spin the records. Other than learning to let go...and do that.....it's just basic indoor gardening....sailing the ship but knowing you truly are not in control. I can relax a lot more in this style....then I ever did taking clones and growing the same things over and over and over....

That seed lot you have....nice ones....I'll put some Poison outcrosses in here.....I have several you have yet to see...or me for that matter. I crossed into my "Deliah" ChemDD momma....that will be ripping. Thanks for dropping in....happy hunting.

....and though your confidence may be shattered....it doesn't matter

Show you a mistake.....that is going work out for me....(it is essential to have blind faith)...a Purple Bastard Haze F2 that I had upcanned/tee pee(d) and put into flower...I sexed it as a female....but it's a male. I only had one other male (in flower and I don't like it).....now I have one I like....I take my little blessings...fucking-A-skippy. He'll be going into exile soon. The females are stellar.....I have a good feeling about this generation of Bastards. Fine smoke btw....not a whole lot of folks run them that I know of.

Let's take a look at another Porpoise Head....she was showing a few little nanners....so I pulled her out to go over her with tweezers. Nothing to freak on.....I'm hard on my plants....and eventually I'll go into some detailed abuses. I work with many sensitive plants....I would never apologize for that however.

You can really see the Casey Jones influence in the flowers.....the aroma....I can smell that Highland Mex....across the board the HM has showed up in aroma....3/3 different phenos. She has a ways to go....but a blow up fatty...very sticky...stronger branches like the HM. Pretty happy.

I'll be working another batch of Porpoise Head sometime in the next few months....incross and keep working to a conceptual indoor Mexican. I'm not far off from my vision....I could live in these F1s but I still feel there will be better plants.

Veg room:
South Zone Skunk F2 (The Pure X ChemDD)
I-HOP F1 (this version is CBF's SCreme-n-Dawg X BS 2.2)
Joy Division F1 (Killer Chemdog X Cindy Jones)
Killer Chemdog F2s (my own F2s...3 females...2 males)
Wonder Diesel F2s (only had 1 female 1 male to make the f2s...this will be 1st run of F2s)
Honey White BX1 (see the HW thread)
Odessa F1 (Casey Jones X Cindy Jones)
Sweet Milk F1 (Gumblebum X LUI)
....and various other things that are on the long road...back burner

I'll have another germ sess this week...I decided to grow out some F2 Kali Mist X ChemDKush (H3ad seeds)
F1 Kali Mist x ChemDKush X Grape Krush (my creation)....I'll call the cross "Humming Bird"

You will see a lot of H3ad and Rez genetics in my own projects. I recognize both those guys as having "The Eye".....and knowing how to put that to use. I've never ever been unhappy with anything I've grown out from either one. Kudos all the day long. I value some of their genetics more than $.

Lean Green

Operating Outside the Law
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sheesh, pablos you do so much stuff!!! Like HL said, it'll make my life a little easier being able to check out your stuff in one place. I don't post much but I'm around bro.

One seed making fool to another, of all the seed lines you've played with, which one or two would you recommend I buy to play with?:respect:

T

THE PABLOS

What up Lean? Great to see you man.

Very basic....very general....there are many ways to of course...but some quick ways into fine plants....these all work well:

Casey Jones....in 2 F1 pacs....found many phenos...all good...some top shelf....easy to work with....outcrosses well...carries herself with confidence.

ChemDD....in 2 F1 pacs grew out many perpetually over 2 yrs...."Deliah" creamed her way to the top. Smoked Chem 4 and Chem D.....I'd take Deliah over either. Can't tell if she is she is a good breeder yet...haven't found her in outcrosses...she is tricky...but I know she is there. ChemDD covers Chems and Diesels....some phenos were weak...but there were many good ones...and Deliah.

Killer Chemdog....quick...yields pheno dependent....get to see all the parents....I'm into F2 going F3....found the F2s better than the F1s....outcrosses well...from both sides.

Blue Satellite 2.2: I like this one....but I've only found a couple phenos....so I outcrossed....looking now at two of those crosses...It's my fav BB at the moment...the BBS phenos are easy to find and choice....Also like it with the OG Kush....that gives you a 3rd pheno...about how it really stacks up. OG Kush X BS 2.2 gives that bonus pheno. I out crossed that one to BMS and made Muscle Shoals.....and I made the next generations of both straight 2.2 and the OG2.2. Working that BS2.2 around the garden....fun one. I don't think the Satellites get enough attention personally...everybody seems hung up on Sweet Tooth...good replicas are not too hard to find in the 2.2s is my view. I don't get hung up....ride the transition.

Those are just the ones I know will score for me pretty much every time.....but I'll be moving them all around genetically....and keep track of when I really start to lose the mothers and things become something into themselves. That's what I want to do....push them along through stranger introduction.

A jar full of Haze...that's where I'm at...presently.....or maybe several jars actually...lol

T

THE PABLOS

Light Skimming...Skimming off the top cream

Light Skimming...Skimming off the top cream

Uncooled....glass removed 600HPS on a mover on a rail....I run 3 of these rail/light set ups....blasting lumens at close range. Pretty rudimentary accommodations....the pix demonstrate this tactic over the mixed canopies of fresh blooming Joy Division and some flushing Afghan Haze.

This is a tough way to grow...don't advise doing it...I'm height restricted...covering space with but a few lights was the theory....it works...but I'll rebuild differently....and add more blue spectrum in the future. I'm a master with air circulation...a key factor in blasting lumens close up....a partially sunny....breezy... high altitude mountain meadow is the conceptual environment...with a swamp cooler adding moisture to dry air....promising a storm front...it seems to help the illusion.

A passing light sequence over an untopped Strange Days (LUI X mix pollen blend of Grape Krush/ Blue Satellite 2.2). This plant handles the heat exchange like a champ.....you can see the light is just inches off her top....flushing at 49 daze flower.......see the LUI showing through lol.....I'm speculating this subject has the BS 2.2 pops...hard to say though...with the structure being absolutely dominated by the mom.

Karoline Krutch (AbusiveKushHaze x Sour Bubble X Grape Krush)....mom plant came from beans made by Krizznapp....this plant and her sissy are the only two plants of this cross...I had only 4 beans. Both sisters look like the mother...almost perfect replicas. This sister is topped and partially pollinated with Prune Juice. Flushing at day 56....pure candy like her momma....where's the Krush?

Hazeolope at day 64....flushing....very sativa structure and nature...I've been flushing her for a while....looking forward to this one.

The girdled stalks of the Hazeolope and Karoline Krutch. When a plant enters flush...in my mind...harvest has begun....I strip them down low....until I hit woody/pithy material.....feed them water until they stop drinking or begin to bitch. It's part of my harvest ritual. Another thing I feel is important....is to get them out from under direct HPS light....I pull them to the edge of the rails for their last week...and leave them in shadows....slowly drained of life....comforted....then harvested....flushes last between 1-3wks...plant dependent.

T

THE PABLOS

Dry shots on a BDS plank

Dry shots on a BDS plank

Manicured Afghan Haze

Manicured Porpoise Head

Manicured OH X SK1

Group shot

I'll be bringing in 3 more Afghan Hazes soon enough....those 3 phenos are the more Hazy looking plants....but not structured like this Original I've been showing. To me that is Haze structure....yet I must also say that I recognize a "Dutched" structure as Haze too. Those structures that are found in most Haze hybrids I've grown....including the Afghan Hazes. Don't misunderstand....I love growing the "Dutched" Hazes....and yield wise , bag appeal, etc....they are better indoor plants.

The difference in structures are very obvious to me ....as every OH X SK1 I've grown....and most I've seen....look like this one I just harvested. A real consistent structure....that to me....represents land race sativa....and Haze flowers. I'm not sure why the Skunk doesn't set up more....but he must bring down the flower Xs. This plant is airy and it takes care not to dry her too quick in my low RHs. There are ample amounts of small headed glands.....and she gave up few dozen seeds....with more still in her. On the scale....she would be laughable....but the smoke is straight '70s in the best of ways. I smoked some barely dry thumb crushers.....I'm way stoked....waiting for the cure to take before I sample anymore...but it will be my every day smoke until the jar goes empty.

bloyd

Veteran
loving everything in one place! Enjoy the jars of haze. How about an index in the first post so we can keep all of your different crosses straight?

bigherb

Veteran
all beautiful pics live and dried

im posted for a smoke report

i know patients are needed on the haze run's but id suggest taking both a haze a few weeks longer unless of course that is your preference

1luvbigherb

T

THE PABLOS

...A challenge in running the progressive perpetual discipline....and it is one of the bigger challenges....is that you have only one run with any given plant. Factor in the chaos and let what you think you know....go. I have no ambition to reason with anything...yet I am a student of my own observations.

The above Afghan Haze plants are the 2 "Cage Sisters" at day 64....I will push them until they become a hazard to the overall health of the garden...or quit....whichever comes 1st....I'm in no hurry. These plants are examples of what I consider "Dutched" Haze bud structure....just how I picture them. I have no problem with this structure at all....in fact I tend to look for this trait in Haze hybrids.

I harvested another AH the other day...I'll get some dry shots up....she was manicured yesterday. Similar to the above plants...good yielder....pretty flowers. So 2 of 4 Afghan Hazes have come in....and both those were a wk or so ahead of the 2 Cage Sisters.

Maybe it's environmental but it seems even heavy sativa hybrids are blazing through the flower studio....and I'm all about that. Last winter with a different environment.....it was just the opposite....plants were going on forever and showing off strange expressions....it was quite the experiment...but I suffered in yield...and forever flowering plants.

I'm running it warm and more humid this summer....and digging on the reactions....I love fast paced plants...particularly fast paced sativa dominants. Joy Division is quickly becoming my favorite cross....you will keep noticing how impressed I am by the offspring of the Cindy Jones male. Let me mention Joy Division again. Wow. I see a lot of plants....but she has me smitten. Like total performance oriented plants. I may have found my personal groove....or at least one of them. No hang ups....I live within a harem..and love many. ....Out here we is stoned....immaculate.

The male Thai Haze X Skunk #1 was put into flower....after I cross to the Original Haze X Skunk#1....and some other things....I'm officially done messing with those sort raw materials. I love them....but I also know my set up is not designed to grow them out properly. I like what Ponde is doing with his vertical....and think that is the way. I myself don't have the overhead space....so my answer is to find some nice males out of "Haze Cross" and progress it into other directions....believing there are unlimited directions to precede forth with. I could name you at least 10 off the top of my head...in what I have going now. I will be connecting some dots to be sure.

More males into flower....I-Hop = ClearBarbedFunk's Screme-n-Dawg X Blue Satellite 2.2 This is going to be a good one I'm thinking...have a couple nice girls to be incrossed. There was a few batches of these beans made last winter....I used several females....one crossed to Grape Krush....one crossed to HighendF2....and a couple crossed to Blue Satellite 2.2......these will be the 1st plants I've grown out from the I-Hop Projects. Over the top Strawberry or over the top Blueberry....with that Chem undertone....that's the vision. I would like extreme potentcy and extreme berry flavors. In my mind I see this cross as needing to go into the F2 straight away.

I'll not try and post everything....just what is immediately relevant...I don't want to paint exact pictures for the most part. I can't imagine anyone being that interested in the details or my thought process. I try to keep my albums updated...figure if you guys are way interested in any of my crosses you could page through there. As I work with plants....I will do my best to fill in the blanks...I actually keep it in notebooks...my head....and graffiti around the studio....most all my plans are dreamed/put together while I run trails in the mountains.

My style of distance training has everything to do with my progressive perpetual pathways....to be alone....no safety nets...responsible for yourself and your choices....to be friends with pain....to be open to chaos....to live without fear...to embrace and welcome change. Never quit....never say die. Stay righteous.

Faye Dunaway F1 (AKA Deliah's Sin)= Chem DD X Cindy Jones....I have a batch opening their fresh wings above coco. Yes I'm now into my 5th test cross with the Cindy Jones male. Message. Message.

chef

Gene Mangler
Veteran
Damn, busy man :)

I've been chuckin a little ChemD lately too, ChemD/Heri tho.
Hit a AH/MH & my Limon, for a peek at a Indica version.
Have X18 as backup ;)

Gonna kill my perpetual until Fall too. Need a vacation :D

Lookin good my man :tiphat:

T

THE PABLOS

Chef...interesting stuff you have...always a fan. I'm trying to work my way into a break too. I must take advantage of the amount of time I have to grow. It is the definition for labor of love. Eventually I'll need to walk away for a while....and be able to travel again. I definitely get weary some days.

And with that...

Introduction to Prune Juice....very very rare as there were only a few beans....and only two plants.

Prune Juice is a Purple Urkle pheno Querkle X Grape Krush (blended 1 male a crinkle leaf...1 male straight)

The Querkle beans were made by ICer WhiskeyTango420 before he had problems. They were an accidental light leak....so a few different pheno plants selfed...and I did in fact get all girls.

Most the QX1s(what he sold them as) plants leaned to the Space Queen and had inter sex issues. I named my keeper Prudence....she was much better in all ways.....and stable. 1 of 2 PU leaners....but much more unique and totally grapey in flavor. She is well documented in my albums and in my QX1 thread on here.

Prudence turned into one of my better momma plants.....and I outcrossed her at least twice. Besides the Prune Juice cross....I know for sure I hit her with TFlux Highland (Flo x ChemDD X Highland Mex x Blueberry) pollen...something that I think will result in special plants.

So a look at the only female Prune Juice at day 38 partially pollinated by the most purple seedling I ever had. Turned into an awesome male...thankfully able to use him for the F2 incross....and outcrossed both Karoline Krutch and Joy Division. A few pictures of him are in my albums...I totally fell into two fine plants to continue on with.

Seeded for the F2....one branch only.

Prune Juice is part of my work into Grape flavored indicas...I have many different plans outlined for this cross...into Strange Days (LUI X blended GK and BS2.2 pollen) for starters....this female smells strongly of grape stank...very funky....and I like to see the flower structure she is exhibiting...when I'm selecting toward the indica side of Blueberry....so I'm thinking the parent plants hooked into each other nicely. The buds seem structured like berries...just waiting to ripen and be plucked into your bucket..thrown into a pie. Stanky berries...

I always trip out when peeps worry about working with selfed plants...my experience with them has resulted in some killer finds....and I've used them many X in my own projects with excellent results. Just a matter of finding the Shiners like in anything else....select out the shit. Worth it when they come to you. Well worth it.

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I always trip out when peeps worry about working with selfed plants..
Right on! My 1st Honey White bx that had hermie issues gave me a few F13 X HW beans that I consider jewels. The two I grew out were girls w/ no issues, the way I like em!

Funny, been having to drink prune juice lately...:chin:

Latest posts

Latest posts