What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Pakistan Chitral Kush

kamyo

Veteran
I've made a handful of reproductions over the past few years - usually at least once a year I'll grow some out and make seeds. I've selected mostly toward color, especially with last year's seeds. Might be getting a little bit bottlenecked, so I'm currently running some seeds from a couple of years ago to see if I can liven things up.

Gave some of the '23 seeds to a friend to try out. He's growing them outdoors here in Guam and they're doing just fine. A little supplemental light in veg since we're pretty close to the equator. He's pollinated a bunch of stuff with a really nice male. I snagged a couple branches to dust some stuff here at home (DC, PanamaDC, Malawi x PCK, Chem 4 x ChemDbx2 x PCK).

Here's my favorite boy and girl from his garden
PXL_20240305_231819365.MP.jpg
PXL_20240305_233752520.MP.jpg

kamyo

Veteran
I've also been meaning to ask - @dubi do you know where Charlie got the PCK? I was trying to look back on their forum for information, but I don't really recall where it was sourced from.

Green Zenit

I take olive oil directly with a tablespoon. It is homemade and organically grown so you can drink it pretty much. It also works well topically.

If I remember correctly last summer I used 70g of bud (no trim) for 1L of olive oil. Last month I made butter and used 30g of bud (no trim) for 375g of butter. I ended up with 250g of infused butter because some of it gets lost in the water.

How much weed you use for edibles is not that important, because everytime you make a batch of oil or butter or whatever, there needs to be a period of testing. Just because each time it's gonna come out very different. So in the case of oil I will have half a tablespoon to try it out, and if I didn't get very high I will try the next day with a full tablespoon. Rinse and repeat until I find my preferred dose. I make a mental note of how much oil is a nice relaxing time, and how much is a "fun"dose. With the butter, once I find my dose I will make portions and vacuum seal them.
View attachment 18800025

Always a success on barbecue day :ROFLMAO:
Damn! Looks amazing! Have done it with butter in “baño maria” dont know the translation in english 😅. Could you tell me how you infuse it to the olive oil? Have a nice organic one and want to make some for a couple old friends with parkinson, really think it will help them. After a few years they agreed to try this wonderful plant. Thanks 🙏🏼!

revegeta666

Pues también al baño maría compañero 😃

I use a big cooking pot full of boiling water, and a smaller one inside it where I put the olive oil and the weed. I use a cheap cooking thermometer to make sure the oil doesn't boil. I try to keep it at 95-96°C and move it around every 5-10 min, for a total of around 3 hours. Then pour the oil through a cheese cloth.

zaprjaques

I use a big cooking pot full of boiling water, and a smaller one inside it where I put the olive oil and the weed. I use a cheap cooking thermometer to make sure the oil doesn't boil. I try to keep it at 95-96°C and move it around every 5-10 min, for a total of around 3 hours. Then pour the oil through a cheese cloth.
please tell me the truth, are you sometimes tempted to throw in a couple cloves of garlic too?

Green Zenit

Well I would give you a 10/10, but they are 3 different males, so you're down to 8/10 sorry 😐 here are all 8 of them. I know the trashbag is not helping lol more for the placebo effect than anything.
View attachment 18790744
Excuse the question 🙋🏻‍♂️ Are the trashbags to collect the dropped pollen from the males? Otherwise could you tell me how you collect it? So I can do that with my males?! Thanks in advance and good smoke!

Green Zenit

Muchas gracias! So kind! 😃

revegeta666

please tell me the truth, are you sometimes tempted to throw in a couple cloves of garlic too?

I'm sure that would be nice but I haven't done it. Homemade olive oil is nice enough by itself. My gf does throw garlic in the tomato and pepper cans though 😋 love garlic on everything tbh

Excuse the question 🙋🏻‍♂️ Are the trashbags to collect the dropped pollen from the males? Otherwise could you tell me how you collect it? So I can do that with my males?! Thanks in advance and good smoke!

In that picture the trash bags are just to avoid getting pollen on the floor and dragging it around the house with my socks lol.

But yes you could use bags like this to collect pollen. There are easier cleaner ways I would recommend like a paper plate or making a cup with tinfoil (papel de plata). Or cutting the male tops and keeping all of them in a cup of water until they open the sacks. Very easy to collect and many ways to do it. The hatd part is not getting it on the females. Better to do it in a different room. No ventilation on the males is also important. Pollen gets everywhere.

Muchas gracias! So kind! 😃

Un placer amiguete 💪

Green Zenit

Green Zenit

Latest posts

Latest posts