What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Congo

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Bacchus said:
I just dropped 4 Congo seeds in water, looking forward to some nice plants. Thanks ACE :D

Best wishes Bacchus, please let us know how they grow! :smile:

Bacchus

Throbbing Member
Veteran
Got 3 out of 4 to pop :D Took a few days. The seeds are 2+ yrs old. So I am happy :D :D I will be back in a month with some pics. I wonder if these would finish outdoors by the middle of October at 45N Lat? Also, how mold resistant are they?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Bacchus said:
Got 3 out of 4 to pop :D Took a few days. The seeds are 2+ yrs old. So I am happy :D :D I will be back in a month with some pics. I wonder if these would finish outdoors by the middle of October at 45N Lat? Also, how mold resistant are they?

Good day Bacchus, :smile:

Im glad to hear you had good germination with old congo seeds. It's quite mold and cold resistant sativa, it has been tested around 43ºN with great success. You can expect harvest for 3rd week of October. Please, keep us updated!

ker2noir

Hello bacchus,
*No mold problem for me around 43°. I harvest the last congo plant 3 november after two big rain in the last 2 weeks. Clearly mold resistant.
Good luck

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Bacchus,

How are working your Congos?

Ker2noir, thank you very much for share your growing details. I hope you are still enjoying some well deserved Congo and Tikal cured buds.

Hello Xpresso_one, is it from seed or clone? Thank you very much for posting.

Best wishes. dubi - ACE Seeds -

Bacchus

Throbbing Member
Veteran
I only ended up with one female. Room size issues. She is long and lanky, lots of internodal spacing. Only been in flower for 3 weeks. Stretching 2x so far.

The NepJams are looking really nice. We will see in about 2 months.

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice Bacchus! :yes: I'm going to have to bring my "african grow" indoors, and run the rest of my Congo pack, among others. Look forward to hearing of your trials and tribulations w/ these.

Ganico

Veteran
Sativas can stretch like hell at this point and a large pot before the flowering with new soil can produce excessive and innecesary elongation.

A small pot without new soil access to the root system will stop the stretching in the first weeks of 12/12.

Once the sativa has stopped to strecth after the 2-3 initial weeks of flowering (depending on the strain) then re pot her to the final pot with enough rich soil.

Sativa root system are very active even in flowering and can be re potted with great results even in advanced flowering (not good for indicas).

The plant has finished the stretching so she will use all the new soil and nutrients to produce a solid flowering.

:yes: :yes:

Last edited:
W

Whatever

Hola Dubi...I can't quite reconcile what you recently said about Congo being a good cabinet strain due to it's structure but can swear in the past you have said it can be a large outdoor plant which can yield about 2lbs. I saw a pic of an outdoor Congo and it looked pretty damn big yet the strain description is listed as medium-high with a medium production.

No biggie cause I already have the seeds...actually gave them to a friend to run indoors and do some selection for outdoor work next year.

They are still F1's...right?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Whatever said:
Hola Dubi...I can't quite reconcile what you recently said about Congo being a good cabinet strain due to it's structure but can swear in the past you have said it can be a large outdoor plant which can yield about 2lbs. I saw a pic of an outdoor Congo and it looked pretty damn big yet the strain description is listed as medium-high with a medium production.

No biggie cause I already have the seeds...actually gave them to a friend to run indoors and do some selection for outdoor work next year.

They are still F1's...right?

High Whatever,

Congo is a sativa dominant plant, outdoors grown in soil and under strong sun produces big branchy plants, like a good sativa should do. But Congo is not a stretchy sativa with long internodes and crazy branching. Structure is robust for a sat dominant, nodes are medium sized and stretching is not problematic.

Grown indoors from seed, you should let her veg for a short time (4 weeks max) and dont re pot them till they have defined first flowering budsites.
We did some congo indoor tests in april and they finished between 1-1,30 meter range, shorter than indoor panamas we have been posting lately.

It's not a straight F1 but it's an outcross. I hope it helps.

Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hey Dubi,

Any chances you'll ge working with any black Congo aka: Black Magic?

I supose imported congo black weed was some kind of tropical african sativa cured or dried in a special way. Pure congolese are usually lime green in color althought a few can turn brown/dark with very low temps, i'd say black color it's not a clear trait coming from congolese sativas, at least when you dry and cure them normally, without any kind of fermentation.

I believe the name derived from the black striping on the branches and stems. The Black Congo is supposedly a varietal with high resin content and some what like a chinese indica but a much better resin/terpene profile.

I have heard that export in the mid seventies when brought to the states the Black Congo was very haggard and black leafy looking but some of the best quality of high. Thanks for your time Dubi.

Mota

I supose imported congo black weed was some kind of tropical african sativa cured or dried in a special way. Pure congolese are usually lime green in color althought a few can turn brown/dark with very low temps, i'd say black color it's not a clear trait coming from congolese sativas, at least when you dry and cure them normally, without any kind of fermentation.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Congo black description sounds very close to compressed and fermented tropical sativa, it happens in Paraguay too, they grow huge quantities of sativas (varying quality), some is pressed and fermented producing a darker more narcotic kind of finished product.

B

BeAn

Check my 'Adventure with Ace' thread, you will see that i havent reached flower yet, and that the plants are all good so far.:D:yes:

This strain looks really nice, i've been looking for something 70-80% or more sativa that i can grow indoors. How well does she do indoors?

Latest posts

Latest posts