What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Wich strains for a micro-production licensed producer

Hi everyone

I need you guys to choose wich strains we will be using in our micro-production business.

Since october 17, canadians can get into the legal market as micro-producer. This license let you grow up to 200 square metres of canopy.

The rules regarding genetics are simple. You can bring as much strains as you want, making them legit and legal. But... They are the only ones you will be able to use once you made it to the legal market. You are not suppose to ever be able to bring more after getting your license.

That's why tough choices have to be made. I'm planning to get as much seeds i can get, but i really wanna know wich ones you would be buying.

Please name the dankest, fruitiest, biggest, tastiest strain you know. No clones, just seeds.

And keep in mind it's all about quality, not quantity.

Thank you very much

Cvh

Supermod
- Amnesia Haze
- White Widow

Be sure to get these 2 also. Both are legends.

mr.brunch

Veteran
420giveaway
Clones would be the better option as the pheno hunt is already done for you... more space for more strains....

I'm asking for seed strains because the same clones are all over the market. I will be getting some of them, but we need what other don't already have to succede. We don't compete with the standard licensed if we offer the same thing.

Last edited:

Guy Brush

ICMag Donor
Veteran
420giveaway
You are not suppose to ever be able to bring more after getting your license.

That's why tough choices have to be made. I'm planning to get as much seeds i can get, but i really wanna know wich ones you would be buying.

Pretty silly game they are playing with the people. What is it good for?

PDX Dopesmoker

Grow something thats named after whatever locale you're growing in, people will buy the shit out it just like they do with the local sports team merchandise. Rename something you like to grow if there isn't any official local strain.

Limeygreen

Veteran
You get a one time declaration of genetics but you will be able to bring in other genetics through legal channels as well. You are able to import for legal countries just like the licensed producers have been doing with different seed companies. Check out the Canadian forum and you will see one person on here who could help you if you ask them.

kro-magnon

Veteran
WOW 200 M2 of canopy is micro-production??? I'd like to grow just 10% of that legally.
For your seeds check Karma Genetics and Bodhi Seeds, that's two very good source for great genetics.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
If I had your decisions to make. I would probably go for the most diversity. Try to have an amazing strain for every taste. And effect.

Once you have an idea what you are looking for. Get as many seeds as possible for each desired effect or flavor.

You will want all the obvious..... Og kush, chem, blueberry, haze and so on.

Hopefully you find a proper example of each.

Also. Stock up on NLD sativa types. Seems that no dispensaries have any. They are not the most popular right now but that will change as soon as the general public notices how boring of a high bag appeal has.

The fact you seem to be locked into your choices once you decide means you need to do tons of selecting. Many growers grow several seeds for several years trying to find one plant of one strain.

I guess my two other ideas are to pick up a pre existing breeder who already has a nice collection. Or choose a short list of strains to specialize, and grow thousands of seeds to make sure you have the best.

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
I would make sure to get the building blocks as well as the modern polyhybrids. That way you would never run out of options to make new strains.

J-Icky

If it was me I would go for 5-10 strains, grow out as many as it takes of those until you find a few special plants of each one and work them until you have something truly unique.
Then once you have that then you can put all your time and energy into dialing those few in until you are producing the best, boutique bud available.

To stand out you’re better off offering a few great strains rather than just be yet another grower that has a lot of ok grown strains.