What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Can I just put decarb'd rosin under my tongue?

Ringodoggie

Premium user
I usually decarb my rosin in a beaker on a hotplate. Then, I mix in a little coconut oil and some lecithin and make capsules. I swallow the caps and it all goes through the tummy. :)

However, I would like to bypass the gastrointestinal route and go right to the bloodstream via sublingual or buccal.

Can I just administrate the decarb'd rosin into my cheek or under my tongue with no oil or anything?

Or, should a stick with the oil and lecithin?

Or, should I add a little Everclear? Will that help with sublingual?

I have tried mixing it with stuff and it doesn't mix very well. LOL

Just wondering if just placing a gram of plain old decarb'd rosin under my tongue would do anything.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
Well, gee guys, I love your response but your answers are just a tiny bit elusive. Care to expound?

My normal dose is 1200mg of THC (about 2 grams of rosin). So, a gram doesn't really get me off. Although, lately I have been using sous vide to decarb and the retention of the terpene profile from the sous vide method has really improved my response to edibles.

However, if you are implying that placing [whatever amount] of just plain decarb'd rosin under my tongue would work, I would love to hear it.

:)

As for wasting money on caps, again, you saying yes, it will work? But, in your case, saying maintain the oil and lecithin and just omit the caps?

C'mon guys.... out with it. As Sarris said to Commander Taggart..."again, explain as if he were a child."

LOL

Thanks

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
Well, gee guys, I love your response but your answers are just a tiny bit elusive. Care to expound?

My normal dose is 1200mg of THC (about 2 grams of rosin). So, a gram doesn't really get me off. Although, lately I have been using sous vide to decarb and the retention of the terpene profile from the sous vide method has really improved my response to edibles.

However, if you are implying that placing [whatever amount] of just plain decarb'd rosin under my tongue would work, I would love to hear it.

:)

As for wasting money on caps, again, you saying yes, it will work? But, in your case, saying maintain the oil and lecithin and just omit the caps?

C'mon guys.... out with it. As Sarris said to Commander Taggart..."again, explain as if he were a child."

LOL

Thanks

Yes placing it under the tongue will take you to the moon. Since you need 2g to get high. You may want to consider enemas or suppositories. :tiphat:

Ringodoggie

Premium user
Yes placing it under the tongue will take you to the moon. Since you need 2g to get high. You may want to consider enemas or suppositories. :tiphat:

Cool, thanks. I am going to try it this weekend and I'll let you know.

I would try the enemas or suppositories but I live alone and insertion is a little difficult. Are you in the area? Perhaps you could stop by for a moment and give me a hand. Or, rather a finger. ;)

Should I add lecithin or do you think it would just interfere with absorption in this case? Not sure if lecithin is just for GI tract administration or if it assists in sublingual as well.

Thanks again.

redlaser

Veteran
Brett would probably recommend boofing it and later putting it on a calendar to reflect upon the evening.

I’ve recently added lecithin to my coco oil/rosin, have to agree it’s way more effective. Not sure if it would help outside of stomach, but have wondered the same thing

Gry

Yes to the [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] lecithin and to sublingual/buccal consumption.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Inserting some in the center of a wintergreen lifesaver
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]works quickly and well for me.
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Hash tea is a standard as well.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]For that, I ad a few drops of coconut oil to the extract and a couple[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]of spoon fulls of tea and use a hand wisk for a moment to form a
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]good mixture prior to adding the rest of the tea.
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Has worked like ringing a bell for me for a long
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]time and keeps me from reaching [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]for morphine so frequently.[/FONT]
I [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]use the table top decarb process left by
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]badkittysmiles ; https://cannapedia.me/Citric+Acid+Extraction#
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]as opposed to the boil in the bagged process. I expect[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]they are similar in result. I prefer the sublingual or buccal......[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif].[/FONT]route to gel caps.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
Great idea about the Life Saver. I was thinking of adding a little peppermint oil but I like your idea way better.

Thanks

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
Cool, thanks. I am going to try it this weekend and I'll let you know.

I would try the enemas or suppositories but I live alone and insertion is a little difficult. Are you in the area? Perhaps you could stop by for a moment and give me a hand. Or, rather a finger. ;)

Should I add lecithin or do you think it would just interfere with absorption in this case? Not sure if lecithin is just for GI tract administration or if it assists in sublingual as well.

Thanks again.
The gist is that the walls of the intestines are extremely sensitive e.g caffeine enemas etc...

From what I have gathered although lecithin does and will increase the amount of available components, these increases are not considered phenomenal.

From reading your various posts you have a tolerance problem and hence require large dosages. Therefore you need to tailor your meds for your use. Have you tried RSO? Most people need a week or 2 to work themselves up to 1g a day. Make your canna pills with that, using MCT coconut oil and liquid lecithin (if you must). PM me I created a spreadsheet to assist in calculating future potency. e.g 65% RSO, mixed with 32.5ml of (MCT and lecithin (1ml)) = 10mg size 1 cap, 15.03 size 0 cap and 20.12 size 00 cap. The sky is the limit. Medicating oneself is not necessarily a social event, make your medicine. If you want to share with friends having pills of various potency will provide the means to share. To many, a 10-15mg pill = a dose. I have 10s, 15s and 20s on hand, dependent on what I want to do. I want 40mg, I take 2 20s etc... :tiphat:

Ringodoggie

Premium user
I don't understand the difference between RSO and tincture.

When I made tincture, I took an ounce of decarb'd pot and added a 1/2 cup of Everclear. Sous vide at 165F for 4 or 5 hours. Strain.

Now, I had about the entire 1/2 cup. A little less. I let it sit with cheesecloth over it until it evaporated to less than 1/4 cup. Stirred it and let it sit until there was only about an 8th cup. Then, I sucked it up with a pipette and put it in a brown bottle.

I put 2 ml in friend's beers and they were thrilled. I was planning to put 1 or 2ml of this into some home made beer I am going to brew.

How is this different that RSO?

I also have a Magical Butter Machine but it requires a minimum of 2 cups of oil/butter and I would need to cram a quarter pound of pot in the MBM to make it strong enough for me. LOL I used it a couple times and it went back into the box and into the cupboard. LOL I may try it again but......

The easiest thing I have done for edibles is simply use rosin.

However, oddly enough, I get the best results from scrap like ABV or leftover rosin pucks.

Thanks again for the input.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
Is your tincture 65% THC? I doubt it is because you are not starting out @ 650mg at best 20-22mg. I make my canna pills from 65% RSO. IOW 650mg, mix it with 1ml coconut oil = 650mg, mix with 2ml= 325mg, 3ml 216.7mg, etc...

Ringodoggie

Premium user
Man, why does this shit burn your throat? I decarb'd a gram of rosin, added a tiny bit of lecithin and rolled an Altoid in it then placed it under my tongue. Yech. Didn't have any Life Savers but this seems to work. I will try a few of these and see what happens.

I remember reading that the average rosin is between 60% and 80% THC. If that is right, then a gram of rosin is about 600 to 800 mg of THC.

Is that accurate?

Thanks

Ringodoggie

Premium user
I am on my 3rd Altoid since about 2:00 and, nothing yet. I am hoping for less than half a gram results but we are getting close to that already. LOL

One of these days, I am just going to say fuck it and swallow 10 or 20 grams of rosin. LMAO I beg for the dose that can put me in bed, shaking and wishing it were over. LMAO I hear about people having those experiences and I just can't imagine what it's like. To me, that would be really cool. Not quite like tripping but, better than ludes. LMAO

Thanks again to all for the input.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
Update: I have worked my way through more than half of that gram and.... nothing yet.

Well, I kind of think I maybe feel a little something but I'm not real sure. However, I have had a strict rule about drugs ever since high school.... If you have to ask yourself if you're high.... you're not. Get your money back. LMAO

I'll finish off this gram and see if anything happens.

However, even if it does work, this is yet another method of administration that is unacceptable for me due to the large quantities required. My throat is absolutely burning. I could never do this every day or even often. If I only needed a tiny drop on 1 Altoid, it would be OK. But, I have to eat the entire tin of Altoids and deal with a burnt throat.

Not to mention, my mouth tastes like I sucked a buffalo's asshole.

Can I fire this stuff right in my veins? LOL At least I wouldn't have to deal with the horrible tastes and burns. LOL

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
Update: I have worked my way through more than half of that gram and.... nothing yet.

Well, I kind of think I maybe feel a little something but I'm not real sure. However, I have had a strict rule about drugs ever since high school.... If you have to ask yourself if you're high.... you're not. Get your money back. LMAO

I'll finish off this gram and see if anything happens.

However, even if it does work, this is yet another method of administration that is unacceptable for me due to the large quantities required. My throat is absolutely burning. I could never do this every day or even often. If I only needed a tiny drop on 1 Altoid, it would be OK. But, I have to eat the entire tin of Altoids and deal with a burnt throat.

Not to mention, my mouth tastes like I sucked a buffalo's asshole.

Can I fire this stuff right in my veins? LOL At least I wouldn't have to deal with the horrible tastes and burns. LOL

OK. gloves off. You obviously have a serious tolerance problem and I say things as things are. Google what you seek instead of wasting everyone else time here. Not, as calloused as written. You sir are out of the norm :)

... you should know the delta between tinctures and RSO! :tiphat:

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
Man, why does this shit burn your throat? I decarb'd a gram of rosin, added a tiny bit of lecithin and rolled an Altoid in it then placed it under my tongue. Yech. Didn't have any Life Savers but this seems to work. I will try a few of these and see what happens.

I remember reading that the average rosin is between 60% and 80% THC. If that is right, then a gram of rosin is about 600 to 800 mg of THC.

Is that accurate?

Thanks
Yes