What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Most narcotic strain against insomnia

grayeyes

Did you ever think that the term "landrace" implies that it has been living longer than a human lifetime?
You are never going to find 'weddingcake x gelato" at RSC.

RobFromTX

Longer than a human lifetime? Lol well i certainly don't get as ape shit crazy about the origins of strains as some do on here. But Ive grown plenty of landraces that were crossed elsewhere at some point. He even states that his Balkh may have been contaminated by outside hybrids because of unusually high thc. Obviously that doesnt concern most people. Again I respect what he does and he preserves a unique variety of strains. Thats enough for me

Dime

I find that many modern indicas actualy make it harder to sleep and landrace sativas help with insomnia. Am I alone in this? I know after smoking a bowl of Panama I have 2 hours to eat something or its lights out
When I was a young guy we got Colombian Gold and Colombian Red,the Gold got you high,the red got you stoned and put you to bed and you still felt the drog the next day,the gold was cleaner and much crisper.

RobFromTX

When I was a young guy we got Colombian Gold and Colombian Red,the Gold got you high,the red got you stoned and put you to bed and you still felt the drog the next day,the gold was cleaner and much crisper.
That sums up my experience with panama from ace seeds. Green phenos get you up and red phenos gets you stoned. Youd almost swear youre smoking in indica even though its a pure sativa

Dime

Did you ever think that the term "landrace" implies that it has been living longer than a human lifetime?
You are never going to find 'weddingcake x gelato" at RSC.
I think they say 100 years or more undisturbed qualifies to stabilize the genetics and be considered a landrace But how do we know if within that time a bird or bee didn't land in a plot and dropped a seed or had pollen on it's wings? Eventually everything will be hybrid except for deliberate preservation.

Dime

That sums up my experience with panama from ace seeds. Green phenos get you up and red phenos gets you stoned. Youd almost swear youre smoking in indica even though its a pure sativa
I have never liked the burnout or sleepy weed that drained my energy and wasted my day. I don't like a body buzz or clumsiness. Some do for different reasons so it has it's place,not knocking it. I have also had strains that make me irritable or anxious and I don't like them either and I prefer no after effects and a clean come down. The strains I keep in my small collection are the ones that make me feel good,give me energy,and improve a shitty mood or make a job I hate to do tolerable , provide laughs and even then there is variability so I have to hunt for a long term mom that satisfies my tolerance because if I have to smoke a whole joint at a sitting , I toss it. A life of searching for the grail,maybe one day.

mexweed

Veteran
one time I was checking some dab containers before I tossed them in the trash and found a large dab of grape stomperXstardawg and it put me out

Mitsuharu

White Window
Veteran
I have never liked the burnout or sleepy weed that drained my energy and wasted my day. I don't like a body buzz or clumsiness.
Malawi x Northern Lights (Autoflower) was pretty nice and exactly like advertised from ACE Seeds. A nice high (not stoned and not so trippy like some real sativa or haze) and later really relaxing and i always had a good long sleep then. 👍 So i would not exactly say narcotic but just relaxing to a good sleep.

mexweed

Veteran
picked up some more of the grape stomperXstardawg and it's sessionable for like 2 dabs, by the third it's time to lay down

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This CBD Hemp oil is extracted using spagyric extraction and is really potent and effective. Only take .5 ml before bed. Usually 0.25 ml in the AM. to help exercise soreness. I use the 1000 mg strength.

I would imagine Deep Chunk would have a narcotic effect. Anything with it in cross.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
You could try to convert your thc rich pot to cbn rich pot.
Reptile lamps!? The right heat and time should convert the THC to CBN.

Was thinking about this and remembered Riddl3me(sp?) had a reptile lamp cabinet they built to increase potency. It certainly made for super sleepy cannabis. Just a few hits and I was sooooo tired the drive home was dangerous.

therevverend

Veteran
The other day someone asked me about a strain I have, thought I'd do a smoke test of it. Dug out a nug but I accidently grabbed the wrong one. It was Sensi Star x Puck bx2. Took a couple rips, then sat in front of my computer. Zonked out. Found myself in a dream. Had a rope in my hand, dangling over a cliff. I kept dropping it and it kept falling down over the cliff. I kept grabbing at it, pulling it up, then dropping it again and having to reach for it. Then I woke up, realized the rope was my computer's mouse. I was dropping it off my table, then reaching for it and trying to pull it back up by the cord. Decided I'd better go to bed. It was 8 PM. Got up, somehow stumbled my way to the bed, managed to get my pants off and crawled in. Slept like the dead.

The breeder is Cricket and Cicada seeds, looks like they've got it at Seed Source and probably other places. They also have hybrids featuring the original Afghan #1, M10. Very impressed by their work. Hashplants with a '90s taste and effect. Here's a look at that Sensi x Puck.

View media item 18705431
View media item 18705429

Crowmax

Veteran
Anything with real Afghani genetics will do the trick i believe
Just to name a couple i tried and was super sleepy
Medicine man from mr.nice
Mazar from Dutch passion
Herijuana from Sannies seeds

Movement13

The other day someone asked me about a strain I have, thought I'd do a smoke test of it. Dug out a nug but I accidently grabbed the wrong one. It was Sensi Star x Puck bx2. Took a couple rips, then sat in front of my computer. Zonked out. Found myself in a dream. Had a rope in my hand, dangling over a cliff. I kept dropping it and it kept falling down over the cliff. I kept grabbing at it, pulling it up, then dropping it again and having to reach for it. Then I woke up, realized the rope was my computer's mouse. I was dropping it off my table, then reaching for it and trying to pull it back up by the cord. Decided I'd better go to bed. It was 8 PM. Got up, somehow stumbled my way to the bed, managed to get my pants off and crawled in. Slept like the dead.

The breeder is Cricket and Cicada seeds, looks like they've got it at Seed Source and probably other places. They also have hybrids featuring the original Afghan #1, M10. Very impressed by their work. Hashplants with a '90s taste and effect. Here's a look at that Sensi x Puck.

View media item 18705431
View media item 18705429
nice im surprised there arent more posts about this strain the stuffs fire

BongBert

Veteran
White Russian (AK-47 x White Widow) is a solid choice with a high tolerance. I had 30 minutes of the most intense brain meltdown ever. Followed by a bitter crash, of which I then slept easily for 10 hours straight with insomnia. That's something really nasty when you select out the pheno.

So I've heard that Aurora Indica is something really good in that respect. :muahaha:

Last edited: