What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Companies are advertising "Rapid Onset" with their edibles. Do you know how?

Gry

There is no alcohol in the cannabis 'beer'. They 'overheat' it like Kingsbury Brew and O'Doole's to evap out the remaining alcohol. Then, they send it to their cannabis facility where the 'beer' is infused with a 'water based' cannabis extract.

That's kind of another question I have. How are they making a water based cannabis extract. Glycerin might work but it's not a great product to use for extract (not real efficient) and it's going to add a lot of taste to the 'beer'.

Water based cannabis 'oil'. ?????? That like making an Italian salad dressing that doesn't separate. LOL

With the billions of dollars riding on cannabis, we will be in an entirely new world in a couple decades. Too bad I'll be gone by then.

Go through some hefty amounts myself.
This left us by badkittysmiles works out well for
me. A chunk of this in the middle of a lifesaver,
provides for a pretty quick effect - similar in
time to what was mentioned.

https://cannapedia.me/Citric+Acid+Extraction

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
Sunflower is widely known as a better product to use over soy any day of the week and twice on Sunday. Soy has been rammed down our throats (just like canola oil (far better cooking oils out there)) hence the popularity. Asians do not have problems with soy (believed because of their diets) but not so much choice for the rest of us.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Olive oil and Ghee are rapidly absorbed by everyone, quite easily digested. It's still an oil which takes time. I personally stay away from coconut oil, since my blood type doesn't seem to digest it much at all. That being said, my canna-caps in the past have been 15-20 minute onset but only on an empty stomach. The last few batches I made without olive oil and the onset takes longer and is less potent. Go figure.

MJPassion: You'd have to try an ultrasonic bath method, the machine I saw is used to make hemp pearls. I'm assuming it's the same process used to make vitamin E and other gel pills. A stream of oil is introduced into a column of water. The oil has ultrasonic sound directed at it, which breaks the oils stream into balls. I"m assuming they're using a gelatin which hardens in water, though they could be passing the balls through another material as well. Rather interesting.

Oh cool, I found a link describing the process :D
https://blog.sonomechanics.com/blog/ultrasonic-production-of-nano-cannabinoids

PaulieWaulie

Veteran
I guess this all depends on whether you are doing a social event or medicating. Bold text, not true!

I make my own canna and mari pills: canna=liquid; mari=dry herbs (decarbed)) 30 to 45 min to take effect, peeking 2hrs later, wane from hour 4 to 6. Where are you getting this 12 hr from? I re medicate between 5-6 hrs after 1st pill. 2 day time pills, one night time (1 hr prior to bed)

ETA: The aforementioned timeline is pretty much a general guideline. Some strains take off slightly quicker and may peak a little longer. All that being said, you are going on a 4-5 hr ride.

Very true, my 12 hours is just towards the extreme end of someone eating a strong edible. Noobies eating for the first time would overdo it and be impatient getting such results. I myself have experimented with edibles for half a year, and like you can have it kick in within half hour to an hour, and be buzzing decent for 2-3 hours , and thereafter be ok, but its not easy get the dose right and takes some experimenting, so a product for newcomers does make it easier for the common folk getting in on it

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
Very true, my 12 hours is just towards the extreme end of someone eating a strong edible. Noobies eating for the first time would overdo it and be impatient getting such results. I myself have experimented with edibles for half a year, and like you can have it kick in within half hour to an hour, and be buzzing decent for 2-3 hours , and thereafter be ok, but its not easy get the dose right and takes some experimenting, so a product for newcomers does make it easier for the common folk getting in on it
Cool beans PW :)

If you are ever on a ride like that again. 15-30mg of straight CBD will bring you down, nicely :)

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Asians are mostly the A blood type, so soy is not an issue for them. GMO soy is not the same soy Asians have been eating for centuries, all bets are off on it. :)

T

Teddybrae

Not-a-Scientist here.

Sugar does it for me. Eat the medible then eat two pieces of chocolate. 1 hr onset.

Or eat medible immediately before evening meal. 30 minute onset.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I do a lot of edibles and I have it down pretty good but still trying to improve. One thing I have found (and proved it again last night) is that if you 'under decarb' your pot, it will take longer to affect you. I'm not sure why but I have found it to be true in test after test.

THCA when decarbed turns into Delta 9 THC...
THCA when processed through the liver is turned into Delta 11 Hydroxy THC.

Delta 11 Hydroxy THC form is a bit more potent than Delta 9 THC.

At least that's my understanding.
:tiphat:

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Not-a-Scientist here.

Sugar does it for me. Eat the medible then eat two pieces of chocolate. 1 hr onset.

Or eat medible immediately before evening meal. 30 minute onset.

30 minutes to an hour is a typical onset for cannabis edibles.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
I have been reading some more on this. Here is a pretty sweet paper on increasing bioavailability of THC and CBD.

https://www.researchgate.net/profil...ol-THC-and-cannabidiol-CBD-in-a-rat-model.pdf

Also, everything I am reading points to lecithin providing a giant increase in assisting bioavailability.

It makes sense because the lecithin bonds with both water and oil so it gets into the fatty GI cells better but can also be waterborne when it gets to the bloodstream (no fat in blood, is there?)

Going to read more but so far, everything I have read says the same thing.... eating cannabis based products results in only a 6% to 8% absorption.

That's fucked up. Got to be a better way. Sublingual is only about double that. Can we fire it in our veins or snort it? ;)

EDIT: Couple decent search terms..... PTL401, utilizing an advanced self-emulsifying oral drug delivery system, was designed to circumvent the “first-pass”

Nanoemulsion: an advanced mode of drug delivery system... https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4362737/

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5009397/

X

xavier7995

I have been reading some more on this. Here is a pretty sweet paper on increasing bioavailability of THC and CBD.

https://www.researchgate.net/profil...ol-THC-and-cannabidiol-CBD-in-a-rat-model.pdf

That's fucked up. Got to be a better way. Sublingual is only about double that. Can we fire it in our veins or snort it? ;)

I wonder if you could do an alcohol extraction and then process that similar to that powdered alcohol (palchoho i thinkl). When the powder booze came out i remember the people from vice snorted some, though i dont recall much other than "IT BURNS ARGHHHH."

Ringodoggie

Premium user
I am definitely confirming the lecithin effect.

Some who know me know.... nothing gets me high. LOL Lately, edibles have been working. Even the cream I made the other day was awesome.

Tonight, I took some coconut oil I made last week and put 1.5 TBS into 2 shots of vodka. Naturally, the oil globs together on the top.

Add a tiny bit of lecithin..... watch it homogenize... add a little more. LOL This stuff is a miracle worker. I'm not sure why I am not adding a full tablespoon of lecithin. I guess I'm building up to it. I only used as much as it took to homogenize it all. Maybe 1ml, max.

I took the vodka and made a couple weak (1 shot each) pineapple and orange juice drinks. You could barely taste the cannabis. Or, the vodka for that matter. LOL

I started noticing a little effect in about a half hour. Maybe a little longer. So, nothing special about onset but I found 2 things.....

1, for sure. This lecithin will homogenize just about anything cannabis. Makes it soooo much easier to work with.

2, maybe and I'm pretty sure..... it is increasing my bioavailability. It just has to be. It is the only difference between all those times eating 10x this dose and never feeling any effect vs.... now. LOL

I have 1 TBS left (about 1 small dose). I am going to add a full TBS of lecithin to whatever I blend this with. I can do cream/milk, alcohol, butter/oil or my favorite..... beer. LOL

So, 1 TBS coconut oil, 1 TBS lecithin and 12 oz of Corona Premier.

I only have bottles so I can't make a canna beer. ;)

Ringodoggie

Premium user
Damn, I'm fucked up (yeah, yeah, I know) LOL No, really.

About 3 hours after dosing, I guess this is peaking. Not bad. Fingers are tingling. I can stay in the same room with my wife for more than 5 minutes. I feel kind of buzzed. I'm pretty sure I am off.

The thing I can't figure is why with such a low dosage? Maybe I figured something wrong.....

I used 14 grams of bud. assume the THC to be 10% to 15% THC.

I used 1/2 cup or 8 tablespoons of oil.

Basically, 1 tablespoon qualifies as a dose. Not much of one but at least I can feel some effect.

That only equates to about 2 grams of pot per dose. Nonsense. My dose is 2 grams of rosin, not bud. LMAO That's about 1/10th.

Something isn't figuring right. LOL Maybe I'm more stoned than I think.

Maybe it's the Sous Vide method I'm using. It does maintain a much better terpene profile than oven decarbing and then baking brownies in an oven again. This stuff is in a vacuum sealed package from beginning to end. And, we are learning more and more about edibles and terps.

Something is working..... I wonder what it is? Too many variables and no control or base line. Oops. LOL

EDIT: 9:30 and the ride is about over.

Beer, tomorrow.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
I am still waiting to make the beer as I make whatever concentrate I am going to use.

I made some tincture with Everclear and I tested it last night on some friends.

However, I have a problem today.....

I mixed some tincture with a glass a Ocean Spray Cranberry Cocktail. I noticed about halfway down that the glass had oily spots of green all over. I am pretty sure the tincture somehow separated and the oil stuck top the sides of the glass.

Could this be because of the cranberry?

Didn't seem to be a problem last night when I put it in people's beer.

Cranberry does have some strange effects. But, then again, this Ocean Spray stuff is very very little, if any real cranberry.

I am not going to make the beer until I have a tincture I can bank on.

Going to try more tincture in a glass of beer, next.

Latest posts

Latest posts