What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

'In Search of the ULTIMATE SATIVA and INDICA'....(Rare Land-Race Hunting.)

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Phew! - We have been worried sick these last days - Hoping and even praying/chanting for The Seed Hunter to materialize again - and I would happily like to tell you all that HE'S BACK!

Yes finally we have had contact with him after a 2 weeks absence - and due to the remote areas he has been travelling within to find seeds - he has not been able to get a signal for his phone, nor wi-fi for any internet connection - until NOW!

So - since he is a man of few words generally - I will just post the pics he has sent, and the few words we have had from him - so that we can follow his trip some.....

picture.php

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
picture.php

In many of these valleys - the sort of communication that we have grown used to in the west - is just not possible -The great big walls of rock of the mountain ranges deny normal cell-phone access - and satellite phones are very few and far between.

picture.php

But it can be a very serene place - for from the madding crowds of what we call civilization - away from all the hustle and bustle of the cities.

picture.php

Far up here - where the water is cool and clear - and drinkable straight from the stream.

picture.php

Cool - cool - water - and the bubbling song it sings as it goes from mountain snow melt - to the valley below.

picture.php

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
picture.php

Its late in the year - so most all of the harvests are in now - an being processed - in many valleys they grow in terraces that climb up the sides of some mountains.

picture.php

Up here - they get the hardy ponies, donkey's and mules to do much of the hauling work.

picture.php

- So it is important to know some black-smith skills - to be able to fix the shoes on the pony - if needs be.

picture.php

There is no electricity present in most of these valleys - unless some local has a gen-set - so they rely mostly on candles and batteries for light - at night.

picture.php

The best way to get around - from valley to valley - is by helicopter .

therevverend

Veteran
That's the right place to look for interesting seeds. High enough in the mountains that it's more difficult for wild hemp strains to persist. Lots of UV radiation to give the plants a reason to have high amounts of THC. Cold enough winters the plants have to finish by at least October. Isolated enough that the plants can develop into their own landraces without pollen from the next valley over contaminating things. And hopefully a hand rubbing tradition to select for plants with lots of sticky gooey resin.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Got a day in a stunning city,then up to 4400 meters starting tomorrow to drop down into a valley for seed ,breakfast today is sun dried yak and chillies,don't knock it till you've tried it oh yeah,and a cup of tea,yak milk salted tea with roasted rice.

picture.php

You don't get to eat exactly what you want to eat - when you get real remote - you eat what is there.

Bathing facilities are often few and far between - so when you see one of these up for a DUNK! - don't be shy!

My hot stone bath,sitting in there relaxing looking down on the valley is fucking surreal,I would put pics of me in the bath but my fur was all wet,..

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Of course - up in this neck of the mountains you find Buddhist temples - and no Buddhist temple is complete without 'Prayer Wheels'..

picture.php

Even far away up here in the mountains people are growing the sacred plant - and The Seed Hunter is busy to collect the seed for us.

picture.php

There is plenty of seed - but to make a success of this quest/journey - it is important to get them back into the hands of growers and breeders, who can make the correct selections - and maybe find within them some outstanding cultivars.

picture.php

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
We are all relieved to see that nothing un-toward has happened to The Seed Hunter - and this intermittent communication is just due to the difficult communications infrastructure - where he's at.

picture.php

He arrived in Bhutan this morning he’s been east in the boonies chilling out for couple weeks, up in the mountains,

Tomorrow he’s going down into a valley in Bhutan to find seed - his guide is a nice kind young gentleman that thinks cannabis is medicine so he’s ok with that at least - in the Buddhist religion cannabis is SACRED!

Bud_Man10

Veteran
Phew! - We have been worried sick these last days - Hoping and even praying/chanting for The Seed Hunter to materialize again - and I would happily like to tell you all that HE'S BACK!

Yes finally we have had contact with him after a 2 weeks absence - and due to the remote areas he has been travelling within to find seeds - he has not been able to get a signal for his phone, nor wi-fi for any internet connection - until NOW!

So - since he is a man of few words generally - I will just post the pics he has sent, and the few words we have had from him - so that we can follow his trip some.....

View Image

Thanks for the update Gypsy...our collective prayers and well wishes have been answered! What great photography...and what a wonderful part of the world!!!

Wishing our friend safe travels the rest of the way!

Peace
BM

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
I guess that this is the way it has to be done - it always was for me - to be able to boldly go where no modern seed hunter might have gone before you - and truly find something special - and be able to get it back to where we can take a good look at it - on the other side of the planet - who knows what might be found among the plants resins and terpenes?

picture.php

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Fuckin' A!!!

That's what I call a sojourn. And to come out of it with SACRED seeds? Speechless and envious.

More good vibes going his way for the rest of his journey.

Dog Star

Veteran
Glad everything is cool and mission progress further..

thanx for pictures and this nice story,amazing Himalaya mountain..

Wish best for SEEDHUNTER adventure,hope there will be no any problems on his way..

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
Wow, I just discovered this thread and am loving it but had a chuckle when I noticed the peasant woman in post #226 holding up he donkeys' hoof, her nails were manicured and painted with purple nail polish!

..... Western influence or China?:tiphat:

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
I dunno CG? - Maybe ladies have always enjoyed make-up - and painting their nails?

The nail varnish could have come from anywhere - and yes it does make a very striking picture against the manual labour and mud involved to shoe a pony on a mountainside...

Wow, I just discovered this thread and am loving it but had a chuckle when I noticed the peasant woman in post #226 holding up he donkeys' hoof, her nails were manicured and painted with purple nail polish!

..... Western influence or China?:tiphat:

Mengsk

Maybe they brought nail polish in on the helicopter mate? It is fascinating to see, less technology though I'm sure people still communicate with the outside world. The lifestyle might look simpler (or more impressive look at the wood carving!) but surely supplies are brought in. I've not visited either place but it kind of reminds me of Alaska in the sense people use airplanes to come and go. Clothing, household items, gadgets. No power or cell towers but I'm sure people know what year it is etc.

S

Sertaiz

yay!!! he is in a very peaceful place, crazy pictures. makes me want to get some loot together and go for a while. ultralight glider camping?