What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ADD/ADHD anyone?

madalasatori

Veteran
I also am sceptical of cannabis being able to reduce symptoms in the way that stimulant meds can. I’ve smoked for 25 years and although some weed can help with certain symptoms, it has nothing on vyvanse.

madalasatori

Veteran
What did the satori pheno look like? I’ve got one on the go at the moment, it’s a pole like spear.. quite wide leaves

RB56

Veteran
which year seed lot is this? is it still the same do you know?
I saw this and thought I was going to be able to help - still have the packaging, with 5 seeds from the original 12 in the 10-pack. Unfortunately, no lot or date information. 3-5 years ago, I guess.

RB56

Veteran
I also am sceptical of cannabis being able to reduce symptoms in the way that stimulant meds can. I’ve smoked for 25 years and although some weed can help with certain symptoms, it has nothing on vyvanse.
Definitely not saying this has the same effect as stimulants. I described how they worked for me in an earlier post. The Satori helps me find a calm mind. It's the only weed I've consumed in nearly 50 years of consumption that had a positive effect. Very clear head and lets me, for example, sit and study something without my mind wanting to work on its trapeze act.

Interestingly, most of the people who have sampled this Satori LOVE it. Many have said it is their favorite lifetime. Wide range of people, very few of which are ADD/ADHD.

I don't think this is the spear pheno, but don't really know. I just moved 4 into the flower room so I'll post pics when they start to look like weed.

Confused by your user name.

RB56

Veteran
Have some more information. Found a photo of my first run with Satori, before I scrogged, pretty much just grew the plant as it wanted to grow.

Photo is dated 6/2013, so more than 5 years ago. Forgot I had these. Kind of looks like bats sitting on each bud. Pretty sure a bat pheno has been identified. Maybe this is it.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
I noticed a 'barely effective' situation in the non-medical states as well. Massive difference when I hit medical states and their selection/quality. ;)

madalasatori

Veteran
Am getting out behind the brain by mandala and ice cream by paradise as those are supposed to help with adhd. Early signs are promising but too hard to tell just yet. Will post updates

RB56

Veteran
Am getting out behind the brain by mandala and ice cream by paradise as those are supposed to help with adhd. Early signs are promising but too hard to tell just yet. Will post updates
Beyond the Brain and Satori share genetics. I've had particular luck with a particular Satori pheno. Beyond the Brain has some similar characteristics but gets me much higher than my Satori pheno. Sometimes I like that, but when looking for ADD relief, I don't always want to be stoned. Good luck with the search.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
My wife says the pills I made with C-99 were significantly (bright noon vs. Deep dark cave at midnight type of difference) better than the effects Vyvanse has on me. I've recently begun looking for similar genetics to what I had 10 years ago.

Everyone is different though. ;)

(Edit: I feel I should clarify a little. I have WAY more issues than just severe ADHD. So perhaps the statement was a bit strong. lol)

madalasatori

Veteran
After quitting smoking/drinking these last 30 days or so, Im learning how to use it to my advantage, for example , you may be in the middle of a conversation, and notice something in the distance, cut that person off and say something about it. Sure you might seem rude for a minute, but in reality, your mind works faster then others and can pick up things quicker. It's not a bad thing if you learn to control and understand how it's really a blessing to have add/adhd.

Sugar is your enemy so beware! Lol

Ha, it’s funny you say that, I was thinking the other day how I’m a terrible, risk taking driver however I am very good at processing hazards and reacting to it kinda balances things out when driving.

Where cannabis helps my adhd is with sleep, I can’t sleep til 4 or 5 am without it.
I also think the adhd brain gets much more pleasure from cannabis than the normal brain, it kinda fires it up and feeds it.

I heard that sugar was important as it gives fuel to the brain

RB56

Veteran
Ha, it’s funny you say that, I was thinking the other day how I’m a terrible, risk taking driver however I am very good at processing hazards and reacting to it kinda balances things out when driving.

Where cannabis helps my adhd is with sleep, I can’t sleep til 4 or 5 am without it.
I also think the adhd brain gets much more pleasure from cannabis than the normal brain, it kinda fires it up and feeds it.

I heard that sugar was important as it gives fuel to the brain
Unless you only drive where there are no other human beings, this isn't ADHD, it's sociopathy. You should get help, or at least reconsider your beliefs, before you kill someone you determned should an unwitting victim of your dangerous decisions.

Bobby Boucher

I overmedicated for years and years on adderall. Everyone I know who takes adhd meds PREFERS to overmedicate, and then they get all moody and depressed and wonder why.

Adderall is an incredible drug if you take small doses. I’m 175 lbs and any more than 5mg a day gives me some really negative side effects. If I take my pill, i can’t tell. I forget if I have even taken them until I get off my lazy ass and start to take care of myself and my chores.

I told my last doctor I only wanted 300mg a month and he kept trying to push 900mg on me. Bunch of pushers, f’real.

kf0fc9xjx2nx.jpg

madalasatori

Veteran
Unless you only drive where there are no other human beings, this isn't ADHD, it's sociopathy. You should get help, or at least reconsider your beliefs, before you kill someone you determned should an unwitting victim of your dangerous decisions.

Ha, it’s not quite that bad I don’t drive like a lunatic. I get a lot of parking fines and drive over 70 on the motorway... In the U.K. there’s cameras everywhere and you can lose your license for this. So it’s risky from a legal point of view rather than a boy racer sort of thing!

de145

Great thread: I am very interested in finding specific strains people have tried to help cope with ADHD.

If anyone can name specific strains that have helped them and how it helped that information would be extremely useful to everyone.

I have only recently begun looking into cannabis for ADHD but here's what I've found for myself:

- I have tried medical grade CBD oil (not hemp derived oil but prescription CBD oil) at various doses but not found a magic solution yet. I have noticed it seems at times to have all manner of different effects, sometimes calming, sometimes energizing, sometimes it has this weird effect in social situations where I surprise myself by saying things out loud that I should just be thinking internally and I think it's really just because I'm more relaxed maybe where normally I'm fighting to stay focused on what the other person is saying. I sort of gave up on it for ADHD purposes, however I will try again more carefully as it was enthusiastically endorsed in this thread earlier.

- I am currently testing a bit of black market Green Crack. It does seem to help me focus but it also seems to have a little too much indica in it or was harvested too late as if it was an indica and has to be vaped in small doses or it gives me a confused muddy headed feeling.

- I'm on the lookout for any sativas that are clear headed, energizing and zero or as close to zero as possible indica "stoned" effect. I grew out an Ace Banghi Haze once years ago that had zero stone but a lot of "high" to it and I might explore that again. I recall it got you high and when it was done and faded you felt absolutely clear headed and nothing like you had a toke a couple of hours ago.

- I'm also experimenting with harvesting much earlier for less CBN as I think that absolutely hammers my brain in bad ways which is only useful when I really want to sleep. Most guides to growing favor Indicas and advocate what to me are extremely late harvests with lots of CBN which makes for that bleary headed feeling unfocused feeling which is exactly wrong for me and my adhd symptoms. This is also probably why black market sativas always seem heavier to me than my home grown ones, I think growers out there follow indica harvesting guidelines for racy sativas and letting them go too long when they shouldn't be doing that at all.

Look forward to more personal experience and specific strains in this thread!!

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
I forgot about this thread. Just recently I posted a smoke report of my Panama green, and I now know that I should share it in here. :cool:

-------------------------------------------------------------

First of all, when I crack that jar open, I always want to have my nostrils right there, ready to go, all the air pushed out of my lungs so the next inhale will be all terps... As the seal around that lid pops open, I inhale through my nose deeply, filling my brain with molecules of aromas that are deeply nostalgic to me, vaguely reminiscent of something from my past, almost like a fleeting moment of deja vu, leaving behind a sweet, mentholated aftertaste that is highly unusual and unfamiliar to me as my brain shifts the experience from an aromatic one to a flavorful one. It tastes just like it smells, but it doesn't. There is definitely menthol on the inhale, clearing my nasal passages much like a cough drop would and allowing for more of the sweet and spicy to come through... but there's no menthol taste on the tongue afterward. The most prominent, pungent part of the aroma cocktail is a citrusy, lemon-lime smell, but there's so much going on that to stop there would be wrong. It's the first variety I've ever grown which inspired me to use the word "umami" to describe its aroma and flavor.

It's a very leafy variety, and probably close to half of the weight of the flowers is all leaf. While manicuring, I considered leaving the buds a bit grassier than I normally do, because I thought a lot of the good stuff was ending up in the trim pile. I still ended up trimming them all the way, for the most part, and just jarred up all of the trim to save for later. This wasn't the most resinous plant I've ever grown, but it does have visible trichomes, small ones, and they do cover the entire buds. It still requires me to use a grinder, because if I break it up with my fingers I end up with sticky kif on my hands. It's just...noticeably not as crystally as the wide leaf varieties of cannabis that I typically grow.

I don't smoke anymore, so I guess this is technically a vape report, not a smoke report, but I grind up the appropriate amount of herb, pack it in the heating chamber, and let 'er rip. Okay, THERE's that menthol. The vapor tastes strongly like lemon citrus sweetness mixed with menthol mixed with some complex umami spice that reminds me of a hibachi restaurant. By the time the vape bowl is finished, I'm feeling it already, but it's light, so I generally have to do two of them. By the time the second one is in mid session, I'm totally feeling it.

And "it" has been VERY difficult to put my finger on! It certainly doesn't have anything reminiscent to a Kush or Afghani type of high, that's the first thing I notice. I don't feel heavier or that my muscles have to work harder at menial tasks, nothing like that. But to say there's no body high wouldn't be accurate... There's something there... like a buzzing, or a vibrating. Very euphoric, actually, but only when I pay attention to it. It doesn't consume the experience at all. But what DOES consume the experience is an overwhelming need to DO SHIT! Haha. Seriously, and I didn't notice it at first, but looking back on it it's been this way all along, it makes me do chores! It consistently puts me on one of those "cleaning highs" that people talk about. This realization made me start perceiving the effects of this variety in a different way than I've payed attention to cannabis effects before, and that is, I now see that this is basically Adderall herb! :biggrin: Seriously! I am prescribed Adderall for my ADHD, and I don't take it anymore because the medicinal effects of it require dealing with the amphetaminey side effects of it, which I don't like. But getting high on the Panama Green apparently has all of the medicinal effects of the Adderall, but with mild euphoria instead of dysphoria! So this has some medicinal benefits I wasn't expecting, or even looking for.

The high lasts a pretty typical amount of time. Nothing unusual there. But interestingly, when it wears off the energy goes away and I could actually take a nap if I wanted to. This has meant that it's not keeping me up at night, either, which is nice since I don't have any anti-insomnia varieties in my garden at the moment. I've even vaped some right before going to bed, and it didn't keep me up, or have my restless leg thing act up or anything like that. I've also vaped it before going to work, and it doesn't get in the way of anything. I will say, though, that it gives me red eyes big time. That's funny, because that's something that used to be so hand in hand with marijuana back in the 90s when I first started, when it was all compressed Mexi brick, and I had noticed how over the years with the majority of the genetics currently out there in the recreational scenes, it never really gave me red eyes, and so keeping visine on me hasn't been something I've had to do since so, so long ago! I might actually have to go out and buy some again for the first time as an adult.

In summary, this is one of the most unusual, strange, unique, and medicinal varieties I've ever grown before, and now I know that I definitely need to always have it around. My apartment is so tidy, and orderly, and all of my chores keep getting done! :biggrin:

madalasatori

Veteran
I’m smoking some chem91 right now it it does help me to focus, quietens some of the random thoughts and generally releases pressure in my head

Chi13

ICMag Donor
I was diagnosed with ADHD late in life, only a few years ago. I was taking a medication called Strattera but gave it up as it changed my personality, and eventually caused some weird problems of a sexual nature. No thanks.

I have found various sativa or sativa dom varieties have helped to an extent. Trouble is, i deal with people all day and do not want to be high while working. Unless it is a sativa that is extremely clear and motivational I won't smoke in the day. Those varieties I have not seem much of since my youth, and in hindsight I was probably self medicating. I will be trying some landrace asian varieties later this year.

Anyway I recently started growing Psilocybin Cubensis as I enjoy an occasional trip. I stumbled upon information which a lot of you will be familiar with; microdosing. I heard that microdosing mushrooms may help alleviate depression, PTSD, and ADHD, among other things and thought I'd give it a go. The results so are very promising. I take a very small dose, probably less than 1/10th of a regular dose, about 3 times a week. I have noticed that I am much more motivated and procrastinate less. I am not necessarily advocating this but it might be worth looking into for those that have ADHD and don't want to go down the conventional medication route.

Latest posts

Latest posts