What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Finding weed in Hawaii

Me and my old man are going to Kauai this winter. Hope oldschoolfarmer comes back to the thread to talk about his trip. I love that island more than any place on earth!

lc00p4

STORM-TROOPA
Veteran
hey where can i get good trees around the kahului airport? i don't wanna send any trees cuz my relatives will ask why i had a package sent.

We always have luck in Kauai, if you call paying 120 a quarter lucky. We're making ounces of BHO to carry on the flight this time. Double vacuum sealed and down his crotch, I don't think an ounce of BHO would be much larger than a testicle...

Vakenmeister

From experience.... I was one who had gotten straight robbed out of a 1/8 in Lahaina.. my brother and I were on vacation in Maui looking for some green to light up to while we where there, and heard that going to the crazy big tree on the main street would be a good spot to find some. It was friendly, but sketchy cause it was crowded, and later on found out our Maui Nugs were just some mystery dirt grass nugs.

Best advice I would say is know someone.

What a fantastic trip it was! I do have some advice though, specific to Kauai:

Kapa'a is a place to find herb. The Safeway parking lot has a bus station where I met several stoners, unfortunately though some of them tried to rip me off (didn't happen, long story short I called BS and parted ways).

The west side of the island is where the locals be at, and subsequently where most the good herb is found. I got some Sativa local-grown that really did the trick, and luckily there was a seed in the baggie :) Any gas station on the west side is a good place to look for herb.

The way I found weed was simple yet effective. Wander around the parking lot at 7-9pm wearing a marley shirt and singing "smoke two joints". Anyone who smiled or nodded was recognized as a stoner, and rather than ask "you got any bud?" I simply said "I got $80 for anyone with an 8th"... this worked out well because the guy who finally hooked me up had to call in a buddy for the actual delivery. Had I just asked him for herb, I may have gotten nowhere.

Keep in mind, I probably apprached 10-20 people through the course of 3 days before finding decent grass. If you're going there on vaca, I recommend you find someone in advance and/or bring some with you. I brought a couple of emergency j's and made it there and back just fine.

mtnmama - I wouldn't worry about the double bagging down his crotch security measures. I've flow 9 times in the last two months (all domestic) and have carried herb in my pocket in pre-rolled joints. So far I've had success in:
Lihue
LAX
Denver
SLC
BZN
Vegas
Ohare

By all means take any security measure that makes you feel confident, but I'm of the opinion that the only people who get caught are either taking pounds or are severly tweaked before entering the airport. Just my 2 cents for ya.

Have fun in paradise!

P.S. As for Maui, the best luck I had was in the farmer's markets between lahaina and papakea. Also the mountain towns are decent in Maui, but there is a lot of schwag for some reason?

irieeyes808

Big island you should have no problem just watch out for the kids who sell the fake bud. Hilo side and Puna & Pahoa area are tops literally! Go see Roger Christie and then your definately dialed in,

Last edited:

lc00p4

STORM-TROOPA
Veteran
so maui was fucking awesome! we stayed at a hotel in lahaina near the black rock formation with all the sea turtles. the first night i got offered weed that ended up being oregano that was elmer glued together. he was a native icehead and wouldn't let me closely examining the bud. i bought it for $60/8th not knowing beforehand that it was fake.

2 days later we drove up west maui and stopped by a smoothie stand. the native dude there told me to watch his stand and he drove off on his ATV down the mountain to get it for me. his brudda grew it and it looked like good outdoor weed, with a hint of maui weather on it. from the judge of the trichomes, it looks a little on the ripe side. he told me it was real stoney and i can see why now. $50/8th... this dude treated me real nice and i tipped him fatty for it. plus i got a mango and passion fruit smoothie with no dairy, all fruit.

SilverHazed

I will be in Kauai for 5 days starting April 24 and then in Maui for 9. I'm staying in Kapaa Kauai and Lahaina Maui. I think it will be difficult to find quality stuff in Kauai from what I have read in some of these forums.

SilverHazed

Dude.

Dude.

so maui was fucking awesome! we stayed at a hotel in lahaina near the black rock formation with all the sea turtles. the first night i got offered weed that ended up being oregano that was elmer glued together. he was a native icehead and wouldn't let me closely examining the bud. i bought it for $60/8th not knowing beforehand that it was fake.

2 days later we drove up west maui and stopped by a smoothie stand. the native dude there told me to watch his stand and he drove off on his ATV down the mountain to get it for me. his brudda grew it and it looked like good outdoor weed, with a hint of maui weather on it. from the judge of the trichomes, it looks a little on the ripe side. he told me it was real stoney and i can see why now. $50/8th... this dude treated me real nice and i tipped him fatty for it. plus i got a mango and passion fruit smoothie with no dairy, all fruit.

PRIVATE MESSAGE ME. I WANT TO FIND OUT HOW TO REACH THIS DUDE>

lc00p4

STORM-TROOPA
Veteran
you only have 5 posts, so you can't receive pms. if you are staying in lahaina, don't buy from anyone there without smelling and touching it. drive up the west side along the ocean north and you cannot miss the short bus smoothie stand. it is a one of a kind... the dude goes by "chico" or at least the brudda i met. it will be before the best banana bread stand. the backdrop against the smoothie stand is a one of a kind. remember to ask for pakalolo.

SilverHazed

you only have 5 posts, so you can't receive pms. if you are staying in lahaina, don't buy from anyone there without smelling and touching it. drive up the west side along the ocean north and you cannot miss the short bus smoothie stand. it is a one of a kind... the dude goes by "chico" or at least the brudda i met. it will be before the best banana bread stand. the backdrop against the smoothie stand is a one of a kind. remember to ask for pakalolo.

Thank you so much, that was very helpful. I wasn't sure that anyone actively monitors these forums. I am so excited for the trip. Do you have any other advice? Activities to do or not do, places to go, etc...?

biteme

my best advice is to be careful scoring in honolulu, in fact any where on oahu can be dangerous as it is home to the ice heads. most savvy travelers get away from the city scene and relax on other islands like maui and hawaii where it is more laid back and leave honolulu to the japanese and other asians. everyone lands in honolulu but it is very much a city and certainly not what i would seek in a vacation to hawaii? there are better cities i would rather visit if a city jaunt was of interest.

once off oahu, it is easy to score on the other islands and as someone pointed out, the classier the hotel the easier the score. my last visit to hawaii included a stay with a buddy who had a suite for his vaca at the ritz on maui to the tune of $860 per night (and this was out of season and 1/2 price!!!!). the bell captain would stop by and offer 3 or 4 varieties of the island's best. and don't ask cause it was never cheap but neither is the delivery services in nyc. peace-biteme

lc00p4

STORM-TROOPA
Veteran
check out the west coast on your way to score. there is a great area to snorkel on your way up the west coast.

also there is the road to hana. you can drive through the north side or cut through part of the south. most people do the winding roads to hana, but it will take you a long time. there is a shorter, bumpier way, but rental cars are not recommended. we still did though. take the bumpy road there and the smooth curvy on the way back.

do not buy from anyone who looks like they might hit the ice. chances are they are ripping you off to score.

pakalolo509

Looking ASAP

Looking ASAP

I'll be in Kapaa for a week, starting tomorrow, Apr29.

We visit every year and every year I've been lucky to find 420.

So far, no luck this time.

Anybody know the good spot to find the good pakalolo?
Or can help out a middle aged traveler in need of smoke?

Thanks in advance.

pakalolo509@gmail.com

AndreNicky

If your on the big island hit up THC ministry. Weed ain't the best but decent for the price and a sure thing, not fun dealing with random Hawaiian dudes to get weed lol(it does pay off sometimes tho! )

Latest posts

Latest posts