What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Reeferman's Hoa Bac Silver Flower

Wally Wombat

Has anyone grown Reeferman's Hoa Bac Silver Flower? I'm interested in South-East Asian strains and this one sounds incredible - from the description. There doesn't seem to be many Vietnamese strains around. I've also read the straight vietnamese landraces are very difficult to germinate, Dr Krippling has a viet cross - "Ganj-nam style" which sounds interesting (when I try to find info on it I get hijacked by the damn dance!) Any info on either of these two strains would be welcome.

2000pm

I've only grown out a cross between that and Chem D ((Viet Hau-Bac #4 x Chem D) x Hau-Bac #4) but got expressions leaning both ways. Still got a little bit of the hoa-bac leaning pheno left. Really good potent stuff, no ceiling type smoke. It'll get you cross eyed and blasted if you really push it.

FireIn.TheSky

I'd be curious too. I wanted a pack, but the price kind of put me off.

From what I have seen they looked nice. Same here though the price kind of put me off. I'm cheap and generally wont pay more than $100.

Where's Reef been? He was posting all the time but haven't seen him around in a while.

B

Baron Greenback

Got 4 in now - had 100% germination, so that was nice :)
They seem reasonably vigorous, nice colour with the usual thinner leaves. I failed to notice the flowering time, he seems to have taken some of his 135 days. Oh well, trees are coming then I guess.
I'll take cuttings when the time comes to mainline them.

SeedyPast

I have a few of these going. Quick germination and good seedling vigor. These were supposed to be S1 (fem'd) seed, but I had to cull two that appeared to be full-blown male. Remaining plants are doing well.

My seed packs had more than twice the promised count, so that helps make the price a bit easier to take. Not sure if that's Reef's standard practice, or if I just lucked out.

B

Baron Greenback

You lucked out, I only got 5 in my pack - they better be proper fems for the price.

SeedyPast

I would have actually preferred standard M/F seeds, so I could preserve the line. Admittedly I don't have a lot of experience growing out feminized seed, but I'm a bit concerned about the two full-on males I got. I've seen hermi plants before, but never all male flowers from supposedly fem'd seed.

I may reverse a couple girls to look through the S2's. Hopefully I won't regret tossing the males, just couldn't justify keeping them in the mix if they were expressing intersex traits to that extent.

thejact55

Huh. Twice the seed count and males/females. Kinda sounds like they slipped you a regular seed pack. (Which I would be stoked about lol)
Thanks for sharing. Keep the pics up. Should be an interesting strain

B

Baron Greenback

They are finicky little buggers for sure. If you can get them well established, I think they'll be ok, they're not keen on rooting :)
Just got one into flower, quite squat, thick leaves, hopefully it's what it's supposed to be, not some random indica mislabelled.

SeedyPast

They're currently sold as "Hoa Bac" silver flower. At one time, the spelling was "Hau Bac". Not sure if that makes any sense either, as my Vietnamese (and google) skills are weak :)
Hau can refer to a particular river that passes through Vietnam, so who knows? Apparently not Reef, haha

Where is the dude that started tgis thing? Im about to take over this hoa bac thread lol
Pics will be up tonight. Anyone a fan or curious about the strain can tag along

B

Baron Greenback

Well, one thing is for sure, they're not feminised. Really poor show.
Not even inter sex, full male. Culled before it infected everything else.
That is absolutely the last time anything from Reeferman darkens my room, the Pink Kush was the single worst thing I have ever grown, just didn't flower at all and now these - 4 didn't bother rooting, the other one was male. Pretty shit from feminised seed really. Over hyped, underwhelming rot.

Sorry to hear about your experience with reef, think your one of many..
Heres some of my hoa bac. Grown organic soil/perlite, topped with cedar chips. 1k hps veg, 2k flower, multi strain room. Vigerous growth thus far, one picture i paired with the nitoriously slow growing c99.. Theyre same age

Latest posts

Latest posts