What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Jack Herer

theclearspot

Was in Amsterdam recently and picked up some Jack Herer, was deffo the best weed ive experienced in the Dam and one of the best ever. Whats a good seed bank for a Jack Herer? gotta grow this...:laughing:

I am a HUGE fan of Jack Herer and this is the year of its 20th anniversary ! I do believe it has won more awards and cups than any other . I would check out Sensi Seeds - the home of JH .. But with this said there are fine lines spread about from the 90's era and it is said to be the best of it all compared to now .. Perhaps go both routes if you really want to know her well , also you can look into C-99 and Nl#5/Hz for something just as equal -as long as the lineage is true . Stay away from the knockoffs !

Last edited:
G

growhigh1233

if you do a google search there is a great artical on the 5 main phenos of jack herer ............ thats in the original sensi line

Max Headroom

Veteran
i've grown Homegrown Fantaseeds Jack Herer recently. if you're looking for jacks that stay small, you might wanna sort through their genetics.
had some of sensi's JH a few years ago too - excellent stuff as well.

coxnox

Veteran
if you do a google search there is a great artical on the 5 main phenos of jack herer ............ thats in the original sensi line

any link pleaz ?

Here is 19 Jack Herer girls from Sensi stock, still in grow:
P1010344.JPG

mr.brunch

Veteran
Smoking greenhouse jack herer right now, very nice head then body stone. Stays pretty short , but no dwarf. Finished 1 pheno in 9 weeks, one in ten. 75g off the 9 week, still waiting for the ten weeker to dry.
Sensi is the original tho, (pretty expensive imo) and they do a fem version called jack flash#5
Good luck

G

growhigh1233

Phenotype-A (a personal favourite) displays strong Sativa characteristics in its growth and a sublime mix of running Sativa and fat-calyxed Skunk in its bud formation.
The buds of pheno-A take the form of long strings of inflated, highly resinous calyxes, very much like the Jack Herer pictured in the Sensi catalogue.
The strings of calyxes wrap around each other, snaking upwards, usually covering the top 50% of stem and branches by the end of flowering. Buds have a chunky, irregular form, with top colas ending in multi-crowned peaks.
Measure for measure, this is arguably the most potent of Jack Herer’s phenotypes, imparting an extremely powerful stone and high with immediate effect. The thick resin coating often gives it a sharp, almost menthol flavour.
If potency is the main aim, growers should select this phenotype, which can be reliably identified by its oversized calyxes.
Pheno-A requires the full 70 days to finish and can multiply its height by a factor of five or more – so it should be flowered very small (10-15cm), unless a large plant is desired.
Indoors, this pheno produces limited outward branching and can be a very efficient producer at a final height of 80-180cm.

THATS THE ONE YOU WANT IMO

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
through my experience growing Jack it was a great strain... sensi used to be the staple for jack herer but since they have outsourced their grows for seed production who knows what you'll get..this is mine i ran a few years ago from sensi's stock

That's right and very nice looking plants by the way...

Nowadays the best Jack Herer could probably be Super Silver Haze from Mr Nice if you want to be safe lol. Karma's Jack or Sanies Jack are other options too but I can't really say about which representation of JH they offer. And if you try Amesia Core, Super Lemon Haze, Insomia Haze and all those... you can't go wrong either. It's all the same genetics so no big differences between all those Haze dutch hybrids based on Skunk/HazeC and NL#5/HazeC by Nevil. It's just a matter of selection and finding the winner pheno rather than getting one or another in the case of this related strains.

Anyway, whatever you decide, avoid all classic dutch seebanks for classic dutch strains as in the 2000s the laws changed and all of them lost parent plants in raids and outsourced their seed production (unless Mr Nice, the only "dutch" seedbank based in Swizterland). No longer fantastic breeding in massive greehouses. That's why we have the pre2000 clones, because the modern versions of the old classics suck! lol.

Anyway I think Jack Herer (like most commercial dutch haze hybrids) is overrated nowadays... the old strain is gone, but the strain was based on the same genetics as the Amnesia Core, SSH and so on. I can't speak about pre2000 Jack Herers though but having the same genetics, can't really be that different! Haze hybrids from TFD/Sam should be fine too or even better in terms of high in my opinion. And NL#5/Haze and Skunk/Haze from Mr Nice too of course. You could be making your own favourite JH at home easily! ;)

Vibes.

Last edited:

GlandualFever

Not all Jack Herers are equal.

Last Feb 2014 - saw Jack in 4 different coffeeshops, none of which were Jack. Upon enquiring why this was being sold as Jack I was told that this Indica dom widow smelling mediocrity was what Jack was now! I mean ignorance incorporated!!! How do genetics change.

@Coxnox, you still on that Jack Herer hunt eh - almost a decade later. We spoke of this in 2012 (at the NICE place). Message me!!!

Id defo try ******s Jack, or Karma's Jack. Sure to find something in those, although Ive no personal experience with either.

sprinkl

Veteran
Anyway I think Jack Herer (like most commercial dutch haze hybrids) is overrated nowadays... with such heavy body comedown, I'd rather smoke any commercial kush and get any of those lemony hybrids (Amnesia, SSH, SLH), they are in the same league if not better for those who don't care about the final couchlock..

Say whaaat. Body comedown seems pretty pheno dependant. Anyway, what goes up must eventually come down, one way or another. Jack Herer will always be a damn fine strain. It's got NL, Skunk and Haze in it just like 99% of the strains out there, including OG herm and whatnot. Strains don't get better, people just fall for the next hype...
Only things really changing are terpene profiles. If you could breed the lemon or whatever terpene into any potent landrace, whether tropical sativa or hashstrain, everyone would be all over it...

Personally I'd love to try san*ie's F8. Would be great breeding material as well.

fabvariousk

Veteran

I just sent in a bunch of my JackHerer x OGKushXTrainwreck f2s
Not sure when they will get put up on seedboutique but they will give you some nice Jack phenos for sure.
The seeds are f2s from five females i made from the f1 cross.
I think they will be like 40 bucks.

GlandualFever

@coxnox - Im working on it (50 messages)... I am trying to get that cut back ASAP, but tbh I havent even got room for it just now.

Kak 1963 -"Jacks Princess" (Jacks Cleaner x C88/99)
picture.php
picture.php

picture.php

I have only grown out the 90's era JH and other mixes made with them . I have not liked anything after 2001 pertaining to Sensi JH but have not tried any in a few years either, hence my thought on possibly looking into it now regardless of the reviews or outsourcing. But sadly that is a bit of change to throw around when I have stuff like this already.

rhinoman 1

Kak 1963 -"Jacks Princess" (Jacks Cleaner x C88/99)
View ImageView Image
View Image
I have only grown out the 90's era JH and other mixes made with them . I have not liked anything after 2001 pertaining to Sensi JH but have not tried any in a few years either, hence my thought on possibly looking into it now regardless of the reviews or outsourcing. But sadly that is a bit of change to throw around when I have stuff like this already.
hey PeacePipe, lookin good, those made with Triclouds princess?

R.

Thanks rhinoman ans yes it was Triclouds Pineapple Princess C88/99 used to sire this cross of Kaks . It is available now. Tricloud shut down due to unseen circumstances, but Great Lakes Genetics has some of his last seeds the last time I checked.

Latest posts

Latest posts