What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bigbruce's 17gal swamp tube adventure

Bigbruce

This story starts with bringing bag seeds home from Jamaica, I didnt know when or where I would grow them till I did. The location is a 1hr30min hike from a private farm access road I have permission to be on. So far this year I have carried out all the soil and stashed it during the winter.

My soil is as follows:
Promix hp
Cow manure
Sheep manure
Shrimp compost
Perlite
Peatmoss
Lime
Rock minerals
Pelletized chicken manure

The swamp tubes I will be using are a homage to "Two Heads" origional idea of totes, but I will be using 17gal farm muck buckets. So far they have been drilled out for air pruning and drainage, as well having a camo paint job and finally having holes drilled for securing chicken wire and stakes for supports for the plant and buckets.

picture.php

As mentìoned the strain is Jamaican bagseed. so I'm calling it Jamagic for now lol. I have 13 seedlings which I will force the sex and seperate them out, hopefully having enough for a seed pair as well.

picture.php

Thanks for stopping by!

Swamp Thang

Veteran
Confucius say "Only thing worse than growing weed in swamp, is NOT growing weed in swamp".

Big Bruce, in my book, any activity endorsed by Confucius is grounds for me to pull up a chair to witness the show.

Standing by for the commentary as those Jamagic seeds sprout and reach for the heavens.

Of course, my concluding remark is "Yeeeeeeehaw !", if the Stoned Trout will permit a moment of plagiarism from me.

Bigbruce

Heres another pic of the plants, they are isolated and just started 12/12 to sex them. And thanks guys!

Attachments

• IMG_0893.jpg
    IMG_0893.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 17

Bigbruce

Update:

So the 13 plants are looking healthy. Plus I had 3 seeds from some shishkaberry bud, so I planted them and all three have popped. Going to clone and cross pollinate them with the Jamaican seeds.
picture.php

picture.php

Another project, I painted 4ft chicken wire, there are three sections cut one for each bucket.

picture.php

this is going to be real interesting to see. i have not seen anyone growing jamaican strains yet, seems like they should be mould resistant which is good for swamps.

these above are my current project,and my first attempt at the swamp thing, after a long period of wanting to do it but not fining the motivation

its really nice you chose swamp tubes, its very pleasant to not be obliged to go out and haul water to the plants once the dry period sets in. i swear i have not watered my swamp plants not a single time not even at transplant,
take care and have fun growing weed the easy way

and keep us updated i love swamp grows

Bigbruce

sorry for never updating, got a really exciting pheno from all the seedlings, but a tough year of learning curves.

A purple sativa hybrid which I grew to full maturity and cloned for future use is my new excitement. I will grow clones in a tent to see what its potential indoors is like. Also, I am germinating seeds in search of a male with the purple pheno to pollinate a purple female in hopes of stable genetics.

the second was a strong healthy sativa. However, I had to harvest that early since it fell over and began to mold heavily after a heavy wind storm. Next year I will add proper supports for the buckets, this was the only one plant to tip in high winds.... if anyone knows why the photos keep shifting let me know, please???

the third bucket had a bunch of leftover Shiskaberry clones that produced enough to make it worth carrying them out.

the upside, the site is secure and will be doubled next season

Attachments

• 20180916_182350.jpg
    20180916_182350.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 20
  • 20180916_161850.jpg
    20180916_161850.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 20

Bigbruce

Nice, a happy ending! That purple sativa does look like a keeper. When was it ready?

It was done end of September early October if i remember correctly.

I have 3 more plants in the same spot this year... need to go out and take photos of them...